Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: sound problem, error writing to sound bank  (Read 2800 times)
xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 20, 2015, 03:23:06 AM »

hi guys, i just bought my first saber the other day and it has been great. but today i was changing my soundfonts around after downloading the latest firmware update 410. and all the sounds i try to write to the saber are distorted and i get the error writing to sound bank everytime i try to load one in. i have reformatted it a few time with more or less banks. even the start up noise is distorted. it started with just two of the four sounds i loaded up being distorted but now its every one. so i dont think it is physically the speaker.

i would love some help as i am all sweaty and nervous now that i messed up my investment. thank you! youre my only hope!

btw it is an dominix le v4 with v4sound and emerald driver. 

xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 03:24:16 AM »

could it possibly be my batteries being low on power? i am charging them to try it again tomorrow.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 03:47:19 AM »

could it possibly be my batteries being low on power? i am charging them to try it again tomorrow.

Charge batteries fully but, I don't think that's it.  Download the Nova Star sound fonts from the Obsidian Order to your desktop.  That way you have a backup.  Update your computers OS (Windows or Mac).  Remove the Obsidian launcher completely using "remove programs" utility.  Follow the Obsidian launcher instructions carefully, reinstall and try again.  That's my best advice.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »

thank you, im trying that now

xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 12:15:33 PM »

i charged the batteries over night. i redownloaded the launcher from your website, reformatted my driver and downloaded the default soundfont again. i put them all in myslelf and took out the lockup sound. i got the error "Error writing sound font to bank: data checking failed!" its still all distorted and loud.

i have emailed emory too and he suggested i do all this still didnt work.

is there any way to totally reset the saber?

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 03:21:55 PM »

Wow, it sounds like you've done everything right!  I'd say just email Emory back at this point and let him know what you've tried and what happened when you tried it.   The only other obvious question I can think of is this one:

Are you using the launcher made for the V4?  If you're trying to use the V3, it can screw things up big time.  You CAN have the V3 and V4 launchers on your comp.  In fact, you still need the V3 to change colors on the Emerald driver, but you need to make certain that you uninstall the V3, download and install the V4, and THEN, reinstall the V3 (so that you have both).

I'm assuming you probably already tried this, but maybe try it in that order, if you haven't?  That's all I've got.   Undecided   Please let us know how it gets sorted!

xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 05:13:51 PM »

thanks for the reply.

hmm i have to check that when i get out of work. the launcher i had was working for both the emerald driver and the sound driver. and i did download the newest one from a post on here.

i did have some weirdness with getting the saber connected. i was having to disconnect and reconnect a bunch of times till it would actually work.

i really hope im just being dumb somewhere and not that something is messed up cause i love this saber.

xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 05:23:42 PM »

emory said if that doesnt work i can send it back and get it all fixed up.

he has been awesome getting back to me with emails. even on a saturday. great customer service!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 10:19:38 PM »

I can't see any errors you made, everything looks fine. Have you already tried a different USB cable? If the one you used is faulty somehow, this could be a problem. I say "could", because normally, when a cable is defective, it should be unusable in all aspects...but it sometimes happens (like it did for me) that the saber connects, but the connection is unstable. If you then want to change anything, it can be that the new setting is only transferred partially, resulting in similar problems like you described.

@Nox: Actually, the launcher has been updated recently to include Emerald functionality Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 10:25:40 PM »

i will have to try and find another cable to try before i send it in then. thanks.

this community rules!

xbornxheelx
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 10:46:58 PM »

no luck with the new cable unfortunately.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »

Well, then you should really send it in for a check-up. Can't think of any other solutions right now, since you already tried the most recommended ones Undecided

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: