Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Attention Masters / Administrators - Link Requesting to offer a service : )  (Read 2020 times)
LINK
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this !

« on: August 22, 2011, 04:53:33 AM »

Hello to all,

Link here, formerly YouSeekYoda..  I would like to ask permission to offer my sig making services to members of the forum. I now belive im at a point to where I can offer custom sigs on a regular basis.

My plan will be to offer up a request thread, sort of like a run of sabers. I want to start with 5 slots. First come first serve basis. Once those are done and depending on my ability to produce, I may or may not increse the number of slots at any given time.

These sigs will be free of charge !!!   My only rules will be pretty much the basic stuff....  No obscene / vulgar / offensive  material allowed. All to comply with UltraSabers Forum's Rules !   

It is my hope that I will gain everyones approval and be able to contribute to the forums in a constructive and positive manner.

Here are some examples of my work !   Thanks and Enjoy                                                                                                               Link

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:05:06 AM »

GREAT STUFF, man. I will speak to Ultra on the matter, along with the others MOD's and Admin.

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:03:06 PM »

I think this is an awesome idea, but why not let anyone contribute?
Like if there's a request thread where someone posts their 'theme' or character the sig is supposed to be based on, and then anyone can try?

I know I'd like to make sigs or avatars and stuff for people too, but I didn't know there was any demand for them Wink

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:12:23 PM »

We are discussing these possibilities currently, and we will let you all know what decision we reach.  I think I speak for Ultra and all the officers when I say that we want to encourage creativity on these forums, so we will do our best to get a system going that everyone can enjoy and participate in.  Ultra, Caine, fellow officers please feel free to correct me if I have spoken out of turn.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »

Is there an official limit to the size of these things? I ask because there's a character limit to my sig, such that it's hard to list the forum relevant information (you know, lightsaber specs) that I'd like, but, some of these images are enormous and getting bigger. I guess I'd find it a little strange if I can't add text characters to my signature line that people might actually be able to use for reference given the size some of these images are becoming. For instance, here's a screenshot of the post immediately above mine:

That's the entire window of the forum taken up by two sigs, an avatar, and, somewhere in the middle, two and a half lines of content. When I first arrived on the forums there were none, or very few image based sigs (maybe just Caine's?), and the only avatar bigger than around 100 square was Ultra's which seemed reasonable as it's his site. I assumed this was by design. I kind of liked it. I understand that I might be in a decided minority, but I'm fine playing the grumpy old ex-web designer grumbling about usability.  Smiley

To each their own!

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »

I'm actuall kinda with you on this navajas. The ones above are conservative compared to some of what I've seen(on these and other forums.) Not that I should talk, considering my annoying, irrelevant, bandwidth hogging, and useless(but still conservatively sized) gif sig. XD.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 05:49:43 PM »

I kinda agree with you guys. But the fact is, both Nero's sig and mine are regular sigsize..
I realize I have quite a few lines of text in my sig though, further adding to the 'problem'.

In my opinion, signatures are to be no more than 500x150 pixels (which was standard when I started using them a couple of years ago).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:07:34 PM by Nyte » Logged

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »

His first and last ones are appropriately sized.  Of course if the decision was made to ban them, then all should be banned.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 06:06:02 PM »

I kinda agree with you guys. But the fact is, both Nero's sig and mine are regular sigsize..
Now, I realize I have quite a few lines of text in my sig though, further adding to the 'problem'.

In my opinion, signatures are to be no more than 500x150 pixels (which was standard when I started using them a couple of years ago).

Exactly.

Now back on topic, I sure hope this gets approved! I already have an idea for a sig, and I think LINK could pull it off quite nicely!

(Sig by me!)

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »

I sure hope this gets approved! I already have an idea for a sig, and I think LINK could pull it off quite nicely!

Me too!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »

Me too!

Are you guys using specific characters from something?  I like how he kinda gives other characters (Link, Tifa, Rain) a Jedi makeover.  Of course this also makes the choice of a character maddening, since there are so many awesome characters I would love to see with a lightsaber haha.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »

Are you guys using specific characters from something?

I got my sig from the same place you got yours, and alass, he quit making sigs.  It was the closest I could find, but was looking for something more qui-gon(ish) and more personal.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 06:33:49 PM »

Are you guys using specific characters from something?  I like how he kinda gives other characters (Link, Tifa, Rain) a Jedi makeover.  Of course this also makes the choice of a character maddening, since there are so many awesome characters I would love to see with a lightsaber haha.

Actually I was using two or three characters. I have sort of a bloodlines thing in mind with Bastilla an Satele, possibly with Revan somehow incorporated.

(Sig by me!)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 08:13:24 PM »

@Qui-Tom and Jack:  Cool ideas guys, getting a sig personally made seems like an awesome idea to express your personality.  I just don't know if I could part with mine, it's kind of become a part of me... but I guess I could always just get Link to make me another Jacen/Caedus one, maybe one with a saber in it Smiley

LINK
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this !

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »

I feel there is something I must address,

To the Masters/Administrators :   I am offering to do this on this forum and FX-Sabers forum as well. I am familiar with there rules for sig making but I am not 100 %  on this forums rules for sigs.

ATTENTION:  To all,  I realize that some of you may be better at this than me. I do not have photoshop, I have Paint shop Photo Pro Ultimate X3.  With that being said. I do not yet know fully how to make an animated sig. FX-Sabers forum does not allow this as an option if you are not a mod. I realize that it is different here.

If there is someone on here who has the better programs and the know how, Feel free to do as you wish. My goal is not to compete, but rather offer a little something extra. If you can come up with something better, then by all means let it be known. I wish everyone the best and I look forward to working with anyone and everyone.                               Thanks                                          Link

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: