Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian/Emerald wiring W/RGB switches.  (Read 1424 times)
Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« on: June 27, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »

Would it be possible to wire an Obsidian/Emerald equipped saber into an RGB body, in such a way that you can have 4 illuminated switches?

I'm thinking each switch wired in such a way so that any one of them can be pressed to operate the saber, but the illumination of each switch wired in-line with each of the colors of the RGBw/RGBA Emerald driver. that way, you could have the switches color coded to match the different channels and light up, flash or dim in accordance with the settings on the blade.

I think it would make for a very interesting visual display in the body of the saber to match the pulse and FOC function of the Obsidian/emerald combination.

It would also give another option to re popularize the RGB bodies even among Emerald enthusiasts.

Thoughts?

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:03:46 PM »

I'm not sure if that's technically possible, but even if it's possible, the whole build with a 4-channel Emerald Driver, an Obsidian sound board and 4 illuminated AV switches becomes very, very tight inside the hilt - even within the RGB hilts which are normally longer than the non-RGB hilts. But it's an interesting idea, would be a real eye-catcher Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »

It would also be a little bit of a battery hog, but if Emory could put something like that together straight from the shop I'd be willing to work with the shorter runtimes and pay a premium for the extra AV switches and more complex wiring.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:32:39 PM »

I've seen it done with non-illuminated switches, I imagine it's doable you'd just need to do a lot of cram-fu in the hilt.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: