Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 3 versions now, two with extra stuff  (Read 2838 times)
Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« on: August 22, 2011, 05:47:41 PM »

Just noticed by accident today, there are now three verions of the game advertised:  The Collectors Edition, Digital Deluxe Edtion, and the Regular Edition.   Apparently there are now even new items that have been added to the CE and DDE such as a flare gun, holo dancer, holo cam, and STAP.  With the CE you get two more items:  An exclusive mouse droid and exclusive edition store (what ever that is)

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:53:51 PM »

I like the downloads with the CE/DDE, but I don't think I'd get the DDE. I want a physical copy, just in case. The only way I'd go DDE, is if they had some way to download it again if something happens(like you get a new computer), without having to buy it again.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »

I went with the ce, my first one so I didnt feel bad about the price. I love all the added tidbits.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »

Another reason I'm getting the regular is, they'll probably release all those extras as a free/cheap download six months later.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:13:55 AM »

I'm not sure what benefit some of thse items would be but a STAP could come in handy methinks...esp if you are someone like me who HATES platform jumping puzzles and falling traps.

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 03:21:19 AM »

yep, got to love the stap,  a star wars harley

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 23

It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 03:27:05 AM »

Another reason I'm getting the regular is, they'll probably release all those extras as a free/cheap download six months later.

Very unlikely as they are being advertised as exclusive bonuses. Adding them for free/cheap would result in an uproar with those that purchased those particular items and would even give a solid basis for lawsuits under the header of false advertising afaik. And I doubt BioWare/LA/EA would risk that over a few digital items.

So at most they could offer similar items with a different color or something; or they just leave them alone entirely... Can't recall seeing mini-diablo's and other pre-order/CE exclusive bonuses suddenly being added to Blizzards MT-store for a few quick bucks.  Wink

At any rate, I also pre-ordered the CE.

I'm not sure what benefit some of thse items would be but a STAP could come in handy methinks...esp if you are someone like me who HATES platform jumping puzzles and falling traps.

The STAP is just a unique land-based speeder. It will not allow you to fly over pits or obstacles; it just hovers over the ground and moves like a regular mount (like the ones in WoW, but now for Star Wars) Wink

The Collector's Edition Vendor is in a special 'VIP Lounge' (according to the devs) that is only accessible to people with the CE version of the game. This vendor offers vanity items as well as armor and weaponry. The armor and weaponry is not overpowered or anything; just things that regular players could also find in the game, but with a unique texture color apparently (again, according to the devs during a Q&A at a convention).

The Mouse Droid is a non-combat pet that just follows you around. It doesn't do anything except that (and I really hoped it could vacuum my spaceship for me)  Tongue

The Flare Gun just shoots non-harmful flares into the air. Kinda like those fireworks thingies people could buy in WoW I guess; or maybe a wink at the 'Hope' trailer where the Republic Trooper shot his flaregun to signal victory.

The Training Droid appears to be another non-combat style pet, which will actually fight with you. But it's laser is so poor, it will add little to your dps.

The Holocam seems to be nothing more than a glorified 'PRNTSCRN' button; although some people hope it will add a 'holographic sheen' on pictures taken with it. Nothing has been said regarding its use though.

The Holographic Dancer is an item that would 'project' a female Twi'lek dancer in the area. So nothing more except a fun item to spice up parties at the Cantina (or something).

The special color crystal which people get for pre-ordering the game will apparently change the color of your blasterbolts and lightsaber to yellow/gold with black particle effect. At least that's what the devs thought.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:40:12 AM by Danakar Endeel » Logged

█||||||||(•)█╣█████████████████████████████████)
Don't have an Ultra Saber to list yet Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: