Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald RGBA Photos  (Read 12217 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« on: June 28, 2015, 02:56:47 AM »

I've had a little bit of time playing with some settings with my new Emerald RGBA, and to me the colours that work the best with the Amber diode are greens and of course oranges..... So I've taken a couple of quick comparison photos to show some of the colours best I can....

I played with a 'real' emerald green (to my eye, the US emerald green forum colour has a very similar shade to CG), this setting is G255 A35 (left), and this pic is next to a CG saber (right).. To me, this kind of green shade is closer to Luke's saber in ROTJ....

The orange that surprised me just how much I love it is R255 A191 (left).... Its a real 'blood orange' and very bright, would make an awesome sith blade.... This has sealed the deal for me, as in the future I want a dedicated orange saber, and this is by far my favourite orange I've seen so far.... I've taken this pic next to a PO (right), yep the forum dark orange colour, so you can see a comparison....

With a few tests I got similar colours with RGB(W), but I'll continue to play with the RGBA settings and see what other pics I can take to share..... G255 A255 is a nice lime green, didn't have time to get that pic today, some time soon.... I also want to play with yellows later also....

If anyone else wants to post photos of Emerald RGBA colours, please do (Lord Canterbury, that awesome gold blade photo you posted maybe)

cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 03:10:46 AM »

I've really been considering getting a RGBA saber because the yellow to red spectrum is by far my favorite colors for sabers. I'd be interested in seeing what colors people get. My saber in my forum picture is a goldenrod color I got using red, green, and white LEDs.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 03:15:13 AM »

Nice side x side comparisons.  Lord Canterbury and cstoehr could definitely add some nice RGBA pics as well.  So what does this mean for your possible orange lightsaber?  Another PO one, or a 2ch emerald with G+A?  The orange you made with G255 A191 does look very nice indeed.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 03:41:07 AM »

I've really been considering getting a RGBA saber because the yellow to red spectrum is by far my favorite colors for sabers. I'd be interested in seeing what colors people get. My saber in my forum picture is a goldenrod color I got using red, green, and white LEDs.

Colours are subjective I guess.... with my quick tests, for me, I'm sure i could get similar colours with just the RGB channels, but I'm curious and just wanted to see 'with my own eyes' how the Amber diode adds to the mix..... I remember your goldenrod colour pics, they look awesome, and next time I want to play with yellows and see what comparison photos I can get......

Nice side x side comparisons.  Lord Canterbury and cstoehr could definitely add some nice RGBA pics as well.  So what does this mean for your possible orange lightsaber?  Another PO one, or a 2ch emerald with G+A?  The orange you made with G255 A191 does look very nice indeed.

Has to be R+A at least, because that blood orange colour is sooo nice...... I think you could get a similar dark orange with R+G, so maybe that, but at the moment my dedicated orange has to be that 'blood orange'..... for me its really that much more pleasing to my eye than PO or FO.....

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 03:44:07 AM »

Well, speak of the Devil and he shall appear.   Wink

"Gold"

R:  255
G:  255
B:  0
A:  255

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Caylem
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Lightpoints please!

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 04:45:55 AM »

That yellow looks amazing! Points for both of you, nice colors comparison.

Lightsabers:
                   Manticore CE V3sound (emerald)
                   The guardian V4sound (emerald) Nickel plated
                   Initiate LE V3 in CG
                   Azure Reaper V3 sound in GB
                   The Consular V4 sound in CG

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 06:27:23 AM »

Has to be R+A at least, because that blood orange colour is sooo nice...... I think you could get a similar dark orange with R+G, so maybe that, but at the moment my dedicated orange has to be that 'blood orange'..... for me its really that much more pleasing to my eye than PO or FO.....

Pardon me I totally misread, not G+A but yes a R+A 2ch.  That would be quite a unique order with a lovely blade to it.  Now the challenge of which lightsaber to go with it Shocked

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 03:20:49 PM »

I'm currently enjoying the following settings for my outright Sith DWG:

Blade

G:  0
A:  0

Pulse

G:  0

Timing - 3 / 3 / 3 /3

FOC

G:  255

PS - Been thinking a lot about what I would eventually get when I order a Graflex CE (the last saber on my absolute Have To Have list).

Wanted to see what you all thought about it.

Not getting a 4 Channel because that Hilt will mostly be for Display and I'm personally not interested in putting a Red or Yellow or whatever color Blade on the Lightsaber handed down to Luke Skywalker.

So I am thinking a 2 Channel with Blue & Silver for the LEDs.

A lot of times - especially before Lucas went back and CG'd the heck out of it, the Graflex blade looked mostly White with a faint Blue glow to it.

So I was thinking something like this would work well (don't have a B + S to mix yet so I am just guessing here):

Blade

B:  204
W:  255

Pulse

B:  102

Timing - 3 / 3 / 3 /3

FOC

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 05:00:42 PM »

That EG looks quite similar to my RGBW Emerald colour...US default was G255 B18 when I received mine.
But I think you mixed the sides up - to me, CG is definitely the left one, and EG the right Cheesy

And that Orange looks really bloody! Very menacing Cheesy You've definitely made the right decision with that RGBA Driver.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:42:37 PM »

I must wait 2 more days for my RGBA setup.  JediXIX, your photo comparisons are great! Nice to see the pics of color experimentation....and, My Lord, that fiery gold is going to be my first tweak!  Points to all!  Thanks for sharing! Grin

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »

That EG looks quite similar to my RGBW Emerald colour...US default was G255 B18 when I received mine.
But I think you mixed the sides up - to me, CG is definitely the left one, and EG the right Cheesy

And that Orange looks really bloody! Very menacing Cheesy You've definitely made the right decision with that RGBA Driver.

Yea, its not easy to get the colour to represent in a photo..... The pic is definitely Emerald RGBA settings on left CG on right..... When I've taken pics of GC on its own it can appear more yellowish, but to my eye its more white-ish or blue-ish, and when I was watching ROTJ the other day i paused and compared Luke's blade to a CG saber and to me there is a difference, cud be just my eyes, haha, or maybe my TV, lol..... I just love the green with more yellow in it either way, and this was my fav setting with RGBA, probably shouldn't call it emerald green, maybe grassy green, lol..... I also got a similar colour in the past with RGB(W) by adding R into the mix, just seems cleaner with RGBA, but thats subjective also I guess..... My Emerald Archon arrived with G255 B10 for emerald green, so i guess US don't have an exact setting for that.....

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »

I see Cheesy Yeah, it's really tough to get an accurate picture of a colour...never thought that there is a more intense shade of green than CG Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 04:28:25 PM »

Yea, its not easy to get the colour to represent in a photo..... The pic is definitely Emerald RGBA settings on left CG on right..... When I've taken pics of GC on its own it can appear more yellowish, but to my eye its more white-ish or blue-ish, and when I was watching ROTJ the other day i paused and compared Luke's blade to a CG saber and to me there is a difference, cud be just my eyes, haha, or maybe my TV, lol..... I just love the green with more yellow in it either way, and this was my fav setting with RGBA, probably shouldn't call it emerald green, maybe grassy green, lol..... I also got a similar colour in the past with RGB(W) by adding R into the mix, just seems cleaner with RGBA, but thats subjective also I guess..... My Emerald Archon arrived with G255 B10 for emerald green, so i guess US don't have an exact setting for that.....

I agree with you JediXIX about the difficulty photographing the colors.  Deep colors like BR, GB, and CG are easy to photograph and look like what my eyes see, but too often colors that are a mixture of color channels just don't look right in my pictures.  Due to the LED brightness, my camera tends to wash out the color no matter what settings I choose.  The background and lighting are important too.  I use the green felt on my pool table as a background for a lot of photos, but for these I found the white walls actual help more to give a better presentation of these particular colors.  A lot of colors in other posts used mostly combinations of R, B, G.  For these as much as possible, I chose combinations that included the Amber channel.

My RGBA Emerald Dark War Glaive with 100% Amber produces a rather standard Yellow Orange color.

This picture shows a combination of G255 A255 to produce Lime Green.

One might think that mixing equal parts of Blue and Amber would produce a green color.  In actual fact the combination of B255 A255 produces this Lavender color.

The combination of R255 B255 A255 produces this fabulous Pink.

The combination of G255 B255 A255 produces this Pastel Blue.

The combination of R255 A255 is an alternative to way to produce Pyrestone Orange.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:32:21 PM by cstoehr » Logged

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 01:26:09 AM »

+1 cstoehr..... Excellent pics to represent those colour settings..... they look great against the corner white walls......  Smiley

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 03:12:10 AM »

+1 cstoehr..... Excellent pics to represent those colour settings..... they look great against the corner white walls......  Smiley

I'll second that, great contributions cstoehr.  

+1

I'm quite convinced on an RGBA, maybe one day? It would def be in series with an illuminated AV switch, got to have me my lit AV.  Cool
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:15:50 AM by hazard502 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: