Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blaster pistol for a Sith Lord?  (Read 8513 times)
Darth Verthilus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« on: June 30, 2015, 03:29:49 PM »

Okay yeah this might... or actually sounds rather funny. A Blaster Pistol on a Sith Lord hasnt probably ever seen or done... or at least i havent heard of one. Then to my problem: I want to create a pistol to my Sith character and i'm running low on ideas.

So what i ask is what kind of a pistol would be worthy for Sith Lord to wear? How would it operate and what should i use as a base to start making one.
I have some base idea about it's use. My character fights on frontlines and has learned that lightsaber wont sometimes be enough and carries a pistol in case it is needed. And of course to execute failing subordinates. So simply i'm seeking a pistol to be used in combat and not some small World War II execution gun.

At the moment i'm taking all serious ideas into consideration as Episode 7 premiere is starting to be really close and i have other projects for the costume to finish. So i'm kind of in rush.

((END OF TRANSMISSION))

scythe1980
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:25:52 AM »

did a quick search just for fun, found these on ebay. i think they would be a great start for a sith that likes a side arm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-2-Worlds-Of-Wonder-Lazer-Tag-Gun-Laser-StarLyte-Pistol-1986-1413-/361329099284?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5420e48214

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 02:51:19 AM »

did a quick search just for fun, found these on ebay. i think they would be a great start for a sith that likes a side arm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-2-Worlds-Of-Wonder-Lazer-Tag-Gun-Laser-StarLyte-Pistol-1986-1413-/361329099284?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5420e48214

By Odin's Mighty Beard... Talk about reliving childhood memories!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Sicarious
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »

I had a similar idea I was looking at the Bobba Fett toy blaster, remove the stock and scope, paint it up and weather it so its like large side arm. its just getting one for a half decent price.

ninjariguy
Knight Aspirant

Dark Side Points plz

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:03:30 PM »

try this one

"Two there should be, no more, no less. One to embody the power the other to crave it."
                                                Darth Bane,
                                         Dark Lord of the Sith

ninjariguy
Knight Aspirant

Dark Side Points plz

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 05:04:16 PM »

try this one

Base it off this

"Two there should be, no more, no less. One to embody the power the other to crave it."
                                                Darth Bane,
                                         Dark Lord of the Sith

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 03:45:09 AM »

Okay yeah this might... or actually sounds rather funny. A Blaster Pistol on a Sith Lord hasnt probably ever seen or done... or at least i havent heard of one. Then to my problem: I want to create a pistol to my Sith character and i'm running low on ideas.

So what i ask is what kind of a pistol would be worthy for Sith Lord to wear? How would it operate and what should i use as a base to start making one.
I have some base idea about it's use. My character fights on frontlines and has learned that lightsaber wont sometimes be enough and carries a pistol in case it is needed. And of course to execute failing subordinates. So simply i'm seeking a pistol to be used in combat and not some small World War II execution gun.

At the moment i'm taking all serious ideas into consideration as Episode 7 premiere is starting to be really close and i have other projects for the costume to finish. So i'm kind of in rush.

((END OF TRANSMISSION))

So, to me, anyways, it should be something like a holdout blaster - similar to the pistol that the Scout Troopers wore in ROTJ.  Small, inconspicuous, and pretty nasty.  Not the sort of blaster you see coming a mile a way, but more something that's like "Wait - is that - OH F- ZZAP!"

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »

My son curiously had the idea that his lightsaber could also shoot out "blaster bolts" when the blad bit was not in use. I guess after all it is an ENERGY sword.. and that all blaster fire is right? not sure how you'd amend the saber to show that though.. maybe a fold out arm which will look like a handle? kinda like Zeb's Bo rifle in Rebels.. LOVE that weapon..  Grin

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »

Doesn't sound funny.  The Sith I created (actually a Dark Side Adept) can't produce Force lightning, he just doesn't have the knack for it.  So he carries a blaster pistol to take care of irritating non-force wielding enemies at range.  I used a Nintendo Zapper as the base.

Check out more detail on the prop here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8487.0

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 02:21:13 AM »

Doesn't sound funny.  The Sith I created (actually a Dark Side Adept) can't produce Force lightning, he just doesn't have the knack for it.  So he carries a blaster pistol to take care of irritating non-force wielding enemies at range.  I used a Nintendo Zapper as the base.

Check out more detail on the prop here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8487.0

This actually works with the aesthetics of your Sith! nicely done.

As an aside, why does the trooper on your left have a BDSM style zipper on her crotch?

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »

This actually works with the aesthetics of your Sith! nicely done.

As an aside, why does the trooper on your left have a BDSM style zipper on her crotch?

That zipper comes all the way down from the collar at the back of the neck and is to get in and out of the suit, but also to pee.  In hindsight, we both agree it should have been a white zipper... hahah.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Merkatrig
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »

Well my character concept is my dark side character will carry a pistol. Why? because he views most individuals - ESPECIALLY non Force using individuals- as not worthy enough to  "dirty" my lightsabers with. As such simply shooting them is the best solution. Especially when using the Force I don't even have to aim- I KNOW where the shots will land and they cant deflect it.

Plus I carry two sabers - a full size and a 16-inch. At ren faire I used to fight rapier and dagger so am emulating that also which I think is kind of unusual.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 10:13:39 AM »

Ezra created a really interesting twist on the saber/gun
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVewMC3WGvA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">(Clip 1)</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TArDGuABjw4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">(Clip 2)</a>
idea when he constructed his on the animated series, so check out the links which may inspire your final result. See static image results here & here.
Made the links above "clickable for ya. Wink
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:19:12 AM by Lord Raváge » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: