Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Free Initiate - Dark Apprentice LE (Pic Heavy)  (Read 4635 times)
Jason84
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 19

« on: July 12, 2015, 12:53:10 AM »

As part of my Manticore purchase I took advantage of the free initiate deal that was going on, and boy did I luck out! I received a Dark Apprentice LE V4 in Fire Orange with emitter windows and a 24” UltraEdge blade - a total $75 value. All I can say is that the images on the Ultrasabers website do not do this saber justice. I just recently reviewed an aluminum Apprentice V4 with an Archon Classic pommel and absolutely loved it. This one is just as good!

The majority of my feelings about the standard Apprentice still hold; see my other review for those. The major difference here is color. The LE is a standard Apprentice with black anodizing (making it a Dark Apprentice) with some of the anodized color stripped away on the grip and near the emitter. The sliver really stands out against the black and is applied in such small sections that it really provides crisp highlights throughout the hilt. The contrast of silver and black negates the need for o-rings which means that I can feel the natural grooves of the grip. The ridges are close together but it feels comfortable.

The whole saber, unlit.

The hilt and a close-up of the horizontal ridges on the handle. I love how small and close they are together. That silver and black contrast looks just amazing.

The emitter windows and another side shot.

The Fire Orange LED looks really nice against the black, especially from within the windows. Fire Orange is about as bright as Arctic Blue which looks very nice indoors or in the dark. Neither can match the brightness of Consular Green in normal light though.

My standard Apprentice has an Archon Classic pommel which adds some length but provides visual interest as well as physical balance. The Dark Apprentice LE came with the standard pommel, which gives me a chance to see how it feels. I actually prefer the slightly longer and heavier feel of the Archon pommel, so I’ll be getting a standard Archon pommel for this. The standard Archon pommel has a black and silver color scheme that should match the LE perfectly.

Overall I’m very satisfied with my free initiate. Maybe someone in the shop read my previous review Smiley Here are a couple of pics of my collection to close out.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:17:40 AM »

You really snagged a good one. And, if you will, you now have a dark side and light side version of the Apprentice hilts Smiley. Nice pictures! Yes these are simple in design; but everyone who has one of these really appreciates them. And obviously you do as well!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:53:34 AM »

Point for pictures and review.

Nice - I did nt realise that they were including Apprentices in Free Initiate deal.
I love the v4 Dark LE's - I have a Dominix and like you love the mix of Anodised Black and Silver.

I particularly liked seeing the pictures of Light and Dark Apprentices beside each other and the impact of adding a different hilt, as I am thinking of also adding hilt to my free Initiate to improve balance.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 05:23:55 PM »

Nice. I'm liking the Apprentice sabers more and more. I always go for the dark hilts with Jedi blade colors though in exception for my standard Blazing Red Shock saber. And now I like Fire Orange even more as well so I think that'll be on my next saber for sure

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 02:32:35 AM »

Excellent review Jason84...... +1 for all your detailed pics  Smiley

The Sentinel v4 and Apprentice v4 are my current favourites of the basic ranges, excellent choke points and lower grip, plus I just love the look of the windows..... I also have an Archon pommel on my Apprentice and find it adds that little bit of extra weight and length for spinning or duelling..... Strong with the Force you must be to get an awesome freebie like this...... and a great collection you got going there so far  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

JDScholler
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 04:51:49 AM »

Great sabers!  I love that Manticore, and great idea with the O-rings on your silver apprentice.  It looks great; much better than the LE version in my opinion!

I was lucky enough to receive a Dark Apprentice too and love it almost as much as the Bellicose I ordered.  I'm a little jealous of your fire orange, though! Very nice!

Light Points please

Scorpion w Emerald                  Initiate LEv2 GB
RGB Bellicose                           MR FX Obi-wan (E3)
Liberator v3 CG                        FX Luke (E4)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 SrD        FX Vader
Dark Initiate v2 BR                   FX Luke (E6)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: