Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
Author Topic: Drahcir's Saber Custom Services  (Read 261557 times)
Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 12:52:11 AM »

Just finished another Elite Level Custom!
Check it out!

WHOAH!  THAT is one AWESOME CREATION!!!  I love it!  The black guarded switch.....I'm a little on the fence with it and it's blending with the hilt: I'm not a fan of guarded switches. Tongue  If the switch was and AV, black and recessed or even purposed as US does, with a little weathering, it would look so much more sweet.  YET, that is my opinion.  You're work is Top Flight!  No criticism, brother, just an observation.  Otherwise, you know how I feel.  Great job!  I hope this is really working out for you!? Grin  Have a drink on me!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »

Awesome work! Darth point!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 01:06:26 AM »

Hi Drahacir.  That Prophecy and your others are fantastic.  Shocked.  Do you have to remove or protect the electronics in any way.  Really want to destroy that Aeon but am nervous about the heat from dremel burrs on the aluminum transferring to the internals.  Sure wish that you lived in Canada.  Perhaps you will get some grab bag or stunt sabers to modify, stick a covertec wheel on and make available off site.  Please PM me if this happens.  Creative point for you.  Smiley

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 01:32:17 AM »

WHOAH!  THAT is one AWESOME CREATION!!!  I love it!  The black guarded switch.....I'm a little on the fence with it and it's blending with the hilt: I'm not a fan of guarded switches. Tongue  If the switch was and AV, black and recessed or even purposed as US does, with a little weathering, it would look so much more sweet.  YET, that is my opinion.  You're work is Top Flight!  No criticism, brother, just an observation.  Otherwise, you know how I feel.  Great job!  I hope this is really working out for you!? Grin  Have a drink on me!

On my personal sabers I've taken to modifying them, but since it's what I'd consider part of the electrical components I won't touch them on other people hilts.
Just my own little policy of not touching the electronics.

Love this hilt though.
 Tongue

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 01:34:02 AM »

Awesome work! Darth point!

Thanks, right back at you!

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:13 AM »

Hi Drahcir.  That Prophecy and your others are fantastic.  Shocked.  Do you have to remove or protect the electronics in any way.  Really want to destroy that Aeon but am nervous about the heat from dremel burrs on the aluminum transferring to the internals.  Sure wish that you lived in Canada.  Perhaps you will get some grab bag or stunt sabers to modify, stick a covertec wheel on and make available off site.  Please PM me if this happens.  Creative point for you.  Smiley

I just take the dremel to them slow, if the aluminum starts to heat up I stop and let it cool I'm careful to remove sharp edges and the like as I go too. I'm pretty big about not touching the electronics of other people's hilts since I don't want to be responsible for any problems. Taking it slow I've never had issues, even on my own hilts where I've been less careful it's still never had any detrimental effects on the internals. I do protect the internals when I cut windows or stuff like that by using a damaged blade as a buffer. I've seriously considered doing that with some grab bag hilts, if I do I'll be sure to let you know.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 01:49:21 AM »

On my personal sabers I've taken to modifying them, but since it's what I'd consider part of the electrical components I won't touch them on other people hilts.
Just my own little policy of not touching the electronics.

Love this hilt though.
 Tongue

Oh no, I thought this was the hilt you spoke of in an earlier thread that was "yours".  Absolutely!  You can't change the purposed portion of the saber a customer sent you. 

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 01:50:39 AM »

Really nice work!

Just a thought, but for greater impact when you post your completed customizations, you should use an App like PhotoGrid to do a "Before" and "After" pic embedded side by side.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 01:52:20 AM »

Oh no, I thought this was the hilt you spoke of in an earlier thread that was "yours".  Absolutely!  You can't change the purposed portion of the saber a customer sent you. 

Oh, no.
That one hasn't arrived yet.
 Tongue

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 01:53:32 AM »

Really nice work!

Just a thought, but for greater impact when you post your completed customizations, you should use an App like PhotoGrid to do a "Before" and "After" pic embedded side by side.

I've thought about it, but have never done it since I figure you all know what these things look like beforehand.
Might give it a go in the future though!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 01:55:58 AM »

I just thought it would be kind of neat if the pics were the same size and photographed at the same position & angle.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 02:00:53 AM »

I just thought it would be kind of neat if the pics were the same size and photographed at the same position & angle.

I'll give it a go with my next major Custom.
 Tongue

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 02:09:29 AM »

I agree, before and afters are a nice touch! Smiley

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

idkalex
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 09:47:34 PM »

The new saber looks amazing, but i have two questions, do you sand the hilt to get the weathering effect? and how do you make the cracks in the hilt?

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 09:48:49 PM »

The new saber looks amazing, but i have two questions, do you sand the hilt to get the weathering effect? and how do you make the cracks in the hilt?

Thanks! I do sand the hilts and I use an engraving tool to get the cracks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: