Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33   Go Down
Author Topic: Drahcir's Saber Custom Services  (Read 261591 times)
Saber Rake
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 24

Light Side points please!

« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2015, 10:15:28 PM »

Those are stunning, tell me, how do they feel?

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."
―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Obi-Wan Kenobi

Rizzo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2015, 11:27:39 PM »

Great! 

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2015, 01:40:14 AM »

But like, what's the texture?

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2015, 03:02:25 AM »

But like, what's the texture?

It's a very smooth, sleek feel after the protective coat is on it.
I'm capable of dulling it with really fine sandpaper though.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2015, 02:51:21 PM »

I put a clear coat on one of my sabers, but it  has an almost sticky consistency, what kind of clear coat do you use?

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »

I put a clear coat on one of my sabers, but it  has an almost sticky consistency, what kind of clear coat do you use?

I'll pm you about it a little later.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »

Thanks! I'd love to have you weather a saber for me... But I'll need the money to buy a new saber and to pay you first. So for now I'm just playing with the two I have.

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2015, 05:34:06 AM »

If any of you are wondering about my work, check out this recent review by BatteryHound featuring a ton of detail shots: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=25581.0

Jamie Stick
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is the Force

« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »

Can I just say the anticipation for my saber, which Drahcir is currently working on, is practically killing me?

"Judge me by size, do you? And well you should not, for my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2015, 08:18:36 PM »

Can I just say the anticipation for my saber, which Drahcir is currently working on, is practically killing me?

If it's any help, I'm almost done with it.
 Tongue

ChillyAleman
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 51

Chilly Light

« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2015, 04:34:06 AM »

How durable is the paint job you do? Can you dull a saber to make it look like a well-kept antique instead of an abused tool?

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2015, 05:07:10 AM »

How durable is the paint job you do? Can you dull a saber to make it look like a well-kept antique instead of an abused tool?

It's quite durable, it's got a protective coat that will keep it as such.
It's only coming off if you seriously abuse it.

I could, yes, that wouldn't be an issue.
Do keep in mind, with a weathering like that the more grooves and detailed features a hilt has the better it will look.
Something like a Standard Issue, will be dulled down, but it won't have the same effect as something like a Graflex.

Shankshank03
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »

Sorry it took me FOREVER to finally write a review of these awesome sabers. Life came my way. I tried to make a slide show of the before and after pictures the best I could. As you can see they started a very nice, shiny black and silver. I asked Drahcir to heavily weather these sabers and possibly add a new window as if the Jedi/Sith has used this saber for a while. As everyone says, Drahcir did NOT disappoint. I was impressed with the pictures he sent but they looked even better in person. I can't thank you enough Drahcir for the GREAT work you did. Will def be sending you two more soon. Let me know what you guys think and once again VERY SORRY it took so long to write this and add the pictures.

With out further ado. Here is the new and improved double sides light saber I call "Torn". (Sure you can figure out why that is a perfect name)
http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/jshanker3/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Shank Shank

Jamie Stick
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is the Force

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »

Alright folks, I asked Drahcir to do something experimental with my Aeon grab bag. I asked him if he could do something to make it look very weathered, but also kind of patchwork as if it had been repaired and damaged repeatedly. This is what he came up with:

As you can see, the craftsmanship is superb and I am blown away by this custom work. A big thank you to Drahcir for such a great execution on a fuzzy experimental idea.

"Judge me by size, do you? And well you should not, for my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2015, 08:22:57 PM »

Doooood! That is very schweet! Congrats! And Nice job, Drahcir! Points all around!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: