Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber font volume levels changes when unaltered  (Read 3480 times)
ianjelly
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« on: July 17, 2015, 06:20:46 AM »

Hello,I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have this font I've been putting on my saber, when I check the files before uploading it to my saber all the audio levels are equal and true, But as soon as its on the board the hum jumps way louder, and some things get quieter. I have not altered the sound levels with the Obsidian launcher.
   I have tried testing all the categories of the board by putting hum in each spot: idle, power on, power off. When i did this all the categories were an equal volume. Only when I put my font in those categories do the levels go uneven.
  I have checked my font levels in audacity, they all come to the same volume for the base hum. It is very frustrating. some of my fonts do this and some do not.
-Ian

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:07:19 AM »

Hello,I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have this font I've been putting on my saber, when I check the files before uploading it to my saber all the audio levels are equal and true, But as soon as its on the board the hum jumps way louder, and some things get quieter. I have not altered the sound levels with the Obsidian launcher.
   I have tried testing all the categories of the board by putting hum in each spot: idle, power on, power off. When i did this all the categories were an equal volume. Only when I put my font in those categories do the levels go uneven.
  I have checked my font levels in audacity, they all come to the same volume for the base hum. It is very frustrating. some of my fonts do this and some do not.
-Ian
That's interesting.  I have not had that proble and I've played with several fonts I downloaded from this Forum.  Not quite sure why that would happen.  It sounds like "your" font, whatever it might be, may be corrupt (?). I'm sure someone is going to read your question and offer more help(?). Patience, I believe the answer is not long in waiting.  Good luck!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

ianjelly
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 06:24:27 AM »

That's interesting.  I have not had that proble and I've played with several fonts I downloaded from this Forum.  Not quite sure why that would happen.  It sounds like "your" font, whatever it might be, may be corrupt (?). I'm sure someone is going to read your question and offer more help(?). Patience, I believe the answer is not long in waiting.  Good luck!

Yes ,I have a feeling there might be something wrong with the files, on the professional sound fonts I do not have this problem, I'll keep everyone updated if I figure out details of the problem.

The sound font I'm working with was one I recorded directly from a master replicas force fx sound board. Really cool font, but there must be something wrong with the way I'm recording it, causing it to go wonky when the files are moved around.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 06:51:54 AM »

Yes ,I have a feeling there might be something wrong with the files, on the professional sound fonts I do not have this problem, I'll keep everyone updated if I figure out details of the problem.,
 The sound font I'm working with was one I recorded directly from a master replicas force fx sound board. Really cool font, but there must be something wrong with the way I'm recording it, causing it to go wonky when the files are moved around.

Curious, what is the file extension on the sound font you're trying to use?

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 07:26:36 AM »

Yes ,I have a feeling there might be something wrong with the files, on the professional sound fonts I do not have this problem, I'll keep everyone updated if I figure out details of the problem.

The Obs board uses .LSU file format.  Maybe that is not what your font is(?) Check it out and post back.

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

ianjelly
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 03:12:32 AM »

Curious, what is the file extension on the sound font you're trying to use?

It is a wav file. 16b 48000hz

When the wav file that is converted to lsu its volume jumps. When I test the lsu file before I put it on board the volume Levels are different again.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 04:16:08 AM »

It is a wav file. 16b 48000hz

When the wav file that is converted to lsu its volume jumps. When I test the lsu file before I put it on board the volume Levels are different again.

I think you nailed the issue.  When it converts from .WAV to .LSU, something in the codec of the file for the volume parameters is not converting properly.

ARSENAL