Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Show Off Your Saber Staffs!  (Read 50120 times)
Brainiac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »

Yeah the RGB one was the free premium grab bag I got. I was thinking of making a staff but I decided to actually give it as a gift Smiley

Dang! Thats so generous  Grin LOL

You are a slave to the dark side. I'd be doing the galaxy a favor.

Jahns
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »

I don't particularly like that it is two different colors, but I have seen very few Bellicose staffs, so here's mine. The colors are Pyrestone Orange and Dark Violet Amethyst.

Dark Initiate LE v4 (Sound) - Violet Amethyst
Bellicose (Sound) - Pyrestone Orange
Bellicose (Sound) - Dark Violet Amethyst
Scorpion (Sound) - TRI Consular Green
Mystery Box Saber (Sound) - Waiting
Mystery Box Saber (Sound) - Waiting

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 09:09:46 PM »

That actually works really nice as a staff.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 07:07:51 PM »

The Dark Menace staff, Emerald drivers set to DVA.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »

Hey shade.  Your dark Menace staff looks really impressive.  Much more daunting than the usual SE Maul staff.  Also the DVA blades make it very Sithy or Grey.  +1 point and thanks for sharing.   Cool

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 09:31:18 PM »

Hey shade.  Your dark Menace staff looks really impressive.  Much more daunting than the usual SE Maul staff.  Also the DVA blades make it very Sithy or Grey.  +1 point and thanks for sharing.   Cool

Thank you.

So, impressions so far.  To be honest, I've never been a huge fan of saber staffs, as a fighting implement.  They're not my usual kind of fighting weapon, and always seemed a little bit awkward to me.  But, I knew that aesthetically I'd like it, and I wanted to get something in Emerald to play around with some of the higher end stuff, and I could always split them and dual wield if I really didn't like the staff setup, because I do like the hilts on their own (with a little lengthening), but...I don't think these will be spending much time split up.  I was actually quite taken aback by how well it handled and flowed through some quick strikes and blocks, even in the close quarters of my dining room, after I first put it together.  It didn't FEEL at all awkward, although you still want to maintain awareness of where that other blade is, and your body, and ne'er the two should meet.   Wink

I'm glad I got it, it looks truly badass (even after I realized how much the knurled buttons made it a little harder to use, and switched to some quite small thumbscrews, as you can see in the pics), and elegant at the same time.  I can switch it to any color I like, whenever I like (It'll mostly be DVA or EG), and it handles wonderfully.  Like I said when I video reviewed the first half of the staff, it's a nice single blade hilt, but it just feels like it's meant to have that extra length and extra blade.

Also, I think I've heard people say that the sound can be screwy if you have it running on both ends of a staff saber, but I don't get any of that with mine.  I suspect, if it really is an issue for others, that the non-adjustable coupler may be part of why they have sound issues, as those are, IIRC, completely hollow through-and-through, and so you get two speakers directly facing each other.  The adjustable has each speaker separated from the other by the screw and toothed wall juncture.  

Anyway, with all the sabers I've ordered in the last few months, I've got nearly a hundred bucks in rewards to put towards next month's big purchase (I've got a selection of the higher-end stuff planned before I throttle back a bit), which will be my dream Flamberge, a V2 Emerald with AS side blades and V4 sound.

Also, I had been planning to remove the covertec wheel from one of the halves of this, but having seen how they sort of act as little stands when I set it on the counter for pictures, and that they're really not getting in the way, I think I'll leave it as is.

locust5
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2015, 03:17:58 PM »

Dark Arbiter Staff

Very nice, and not often seen, staff. I placed my (first saber) order a few days ago for a dark arbiter with intentions of making it a future staff. I'll have shorter blades on it to offset the longer metal center. Next up will be a bellicose for my main saber. The forums are better than any catalog could have ever been lol

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2015, 09:40:06 PM »

That arbiter staff looks sick

Sith Lord
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »

My first ever saber - The Dark Sentinel LE in Blazing Red

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 07:48:24 PM »

Here is my baby:  BH Phantasm V4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »

Introducing The Sith'ari Overlord: BR Phantom v4 Cool
(Dual Dominix LE v4 w/windows & custom Sith Red blade {1 stunt & 1 w/sound})

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:16:57 PM by Lord Raváge » Logged

Brainiac
Knight Ensign

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 05:04:03 AM »

I can never get enough of my Menace staff!

I love this thing. I pick it up every day. Also, Obsidian V4 on this badboy.

Love it CheesyCheesyCheesy
The menace looks so good right there Smiley as does the Maul cosplay, amazing Smiley
I wanted to get the same saber but for a Jedi, so I was going to get dark hilts with a green color Smiley

Brainiac
Knight Ensign

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 05:05:32 AM »

Here's a different kind of staff.

Ooooo fantastic looking staff Cheesy
Don't get me wrong I love the red, white and blue lol Smiley but Red blade/Blue blade would look great too lol Cheesy

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 06:03:21 PM »

cstoehr, do you use that red/white/blue saberstaff as part of a Captain America crossover cosplay?

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

ridgekitten
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Darth Morbium

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 09:25:45 PM »

I'm hoping i'll get a saberstaff eventually, probably in pyrestone orange, or bane's heart. I love those colors.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: