Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Show Off Your Saber Staffs!  (Read 50171 times)
Mads
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -24

Dark Side Points

« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2016, 11:05:34 PM »

Mads I used to feel bound to matching the AV switch to the blade color.  But now I don't think i'll do it again, because an off color switch adds detail and contrast that compliments the whole package.  VA is made with a mixture of blue and red - so any of those for an AV switch would actually compliment the blade and i think yours does on your staff.   

Yeah you can't help but feel like you have to follow a color code. If my understanding of the books is correct all lightsabers are built by hand in the SW universe so it should only make sense that if you have any other illumination on the hilt (like power switches) should be varying colors.

I am beginning to favor black or silver guarded switches for future purchases simply for the protection they offer. Hilts will hit! Put a good swing in to your attack or adjust your hold to block and sometimes the hilts meet in the middle. With Renegade and Scorpion pommels some scraping from those pointy edges start showing up on the hilts to! Hopefully those illuminated switches never take a direct hit but so far they seem to hold up well.

Here's a good example hazard of what I'm a little worried about. Look right above the power switch in this pic you'll notice a good scratch. No big deal to me since I view nicks, dings, wear n' tear as decor, battle scars if you will but obviously the reason I'm leaning towards guarded switches from now on.

Oh I gave some light side points for you.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Dominix V4
Phantom V4 Staff
Emerald Manticore CE

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2016, 02:38:29 AM »

Thanks Mads and a point back to you as well!  I see that scratch and it looks like a good one Smiley  I think for the most part your hands will take most of the beating rather then the switch but your picture proves otherwise lol.  I like the low profile of the AV's but a guarded switch has a nice activation feel to it.  I like the one on my stunt and it's an nice option for the reasons you'd like to try it.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2016, 07:25:27 AM »

Stopping by with a debut alternate Sith wardrobe (new Kylo-inspired Tunic under my reversible Sur Coat and textured Hooded Mantle I made the night before) this weekend. Pictured with lovely Lady Sith.

#LAComicCon2016
#ComiKaze2016

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2016, 03:49:56 AM »

So, I did another thing.

With V4 sound and QDs, so it's VERY flexible.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2016, 04:27:51 AM »

Yeah you can't help but feel like you have to follow a color code. If my understanding of the books is correct all lightsabers are built by hand in the SW universe so it should only make sense that if you have any other illumination on the hilt (like power switches) should be varying colors.

I am beginning to favor black or silver guarded switches for future purchases simply for the protection they offer. Hilts will hit! Put a good swing in to your attack or adjust your hold to block and sometimes the hilts meet in the middle. With Renegade and Scorpion pommels some scraping from those pointy edges start showing up on the hilts to! Hopefully those illuminated switches never take a direct hit but so far they seem to hold up well.

Here's a good example hazard of what I'm a little worried about. Look right above the power switch in this pic you'll notice a good scratch. No big deal to me since I view nicks, dings, wear n' tear as decor, battle scars if you will but obviously the reason I'm leaning towards guarded switches from now on.

Oh I gave some light side points for you.

You can rub most of those types of scratches out or minimize their visibility with MAAS Metal Polish.  It's what the guys at UltraSabers use there in the shop.  I've used it myself and it's fantastic stuff and really adds a shine, too. 

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2016, 04:28:58 AM »

So, I did another thing.

Shmexy . . . +1

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Gray Legionary
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2016, 08:34:15 PM »

So, I did another thing.

thats really cool! +1

I am a Gray Jedi.
There is passion, but also peace.
There is strength, but also serenity.
There is victory, but also harmony.
All is balance.

Bahn2016
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -41

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2017, 05:21:55 PM »

My saber staff/spear
Shrouded Catalyst conversion and Sentinel V4 plus a other imbalances for balancing.  Wink

I'm still Sith!

US Armory:
   Renegade SE CG, Em + Ob V4
   Dark War Glaive BR, Em + Ob V4
   Catalyst FO, Ob Lite
   Sentinel LE V4 CG, Ob Lite

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »

Both my Sith and Jedi saberstaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

Bahn2016
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -41

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2017, 09:49:30 PM »

Both my Sith and Jedi saberstaves

Those are tough looking saberstaffs, a point for you

US Armory:
   Renegade SE CG, Em + Ob V4
   Dark War Glaive BR, Em + Ob V4
   Catalyst FO, Ob Lite
   Sentinel LE V4 CG, Ob Lite

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2017, 10:48:44 PM »

Those are tough looking saberstaffs, a point for you
Thank you my fellow saberist.

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »

Using O-rings to get things to line up.  I'd much prefer metal shims, the rubber of the O-rings means that the joints to the coupler are a little wobbly, but it's not too bad.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2017, 11:51:05 PM »

Using O-rings to get things to line up.  I'd much prefer metal shims, the rubber of the O-rings means that the joints to the coupler are a little wobbly, but it's not too bad.

Looks awesome!

(TCSS has the clocking washers you seek...)

Thiga
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2017, 12:42:36 AM »

Phantom v4 in TriCree Silver with Oklahoma Yellow Lee Filters and UE Mid blades

Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2017, 04:16:13 AM »

My latest indulgence!  A menace staff. 

With silver, vented, flush mount couplers and a yari....

With black, vented, flush mount couplers, a yari and wrapped to look like a Rey staff saber.... or maybe more like a Dark Rey saber.

And..ignited!

Oops.. Pardon me, I think my Sith is showing...  Smiley

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore