Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Who do UltraSabers Sabres belong to?  (Read 7919 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« on: July 19, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »

Greetings everyone, I am a blind person interested in Lightsabers. And I'm trying to figure out which saber belongs to which Jedi, or Sith. Which is tricky when you can't see the pictures. So I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »

Welcome, BlindJedi!

A lot of Ultrasabers hilt designs are completely original designs. However, some of them are taken from movie hilts or game characters. I'll do my best to remember as many as I can:

Graflex - Anakin Episode III/Luke Episodes IV and V
Chosen One - Darth Vader
Guardian - Obi Wan Episodes I and II
Consular - Qui Gon Jinn
Menace - Half of Darth Maul's staff
Archon - Similar to Luke's Episode VI/Obi Wan's Episode III and IV lightsabres

Raven - Starkiller's 'Sith Stalker' lightsabre, from the Dark Side path in the Force Unleashed video game
Bellicose - Starkiller/Galen Malak's lightsabre from Force Unleashed II
Malice - Darth Malgus' lightsabre from the Old Republic game

Shock/Shock LE - Similar to hilts used by background Jedi like Aayla Secura in the prequel films. Within the expanded universe the explanation is that the similarity is down to them
Monarch and Dark Monach - Some people view these as being inspired by Sidious/Palpatine's hilts from Episode III because of the flowing lines, but it seems to me to be a loose inspiration at best
Flamberge - Inspired by the crossguard lightsabre carried by a character in the Episode VII trailer

And not forgetting the Omen, which isn't a Star Wars hilt - it's based off the Sword of Omens from the Thundercats cartoon Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

bborsi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »

I would also add that the Mantis very loosely resembles Count Dooku or Asajj Vestress' lightsabers in that it is a curved handle.

May the Force Be With You

Aeon LE (RGB)
Initiate LE v3 (BR)

Wishlist:
Prophecy V3
Archon V2.1
Raven
Graflex SE
Chosen One SE

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 01:40:41 PM »

I think I read somewhere that the liberator resembles Mace Windu's light saber, is this correct?

bborsi
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »

I personally don't think they are very close, however I am basing that on what I can remember from the movie and google images.

May the Force Be With You

Aeon LE (RGB)
Initiate LE v3 (BR)

Wishlist:
Prophecy V3
Archon V2.1
Raven
Graflex SE
Chosen One SE

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »

I have a V2 liberator which is the same style as the new V3 but just a little thinner. Bottom to top: The pommel is flush with the rest of the hilt but has an "equator" machined around it. The body is two sections a plain pipe then very slightly thins and goes bigger again. The Emitter has two machined "Equators" around it and within those grooves there are holes which light from the blade can shine through.

I hope this explains it.. to confirm though, not like windu's

All the best!

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »

Ah, we have a zatoichi in our midst. Welcome.

To add to JC's rather accurate listing, it has been my observation that the Shock has a strong resemblance to Shaak Ti's lightsaber. (I was about to correct on the Guardian being Obi's EP2 saber, but...how the heck did he get that back?)

Most of the sabers are good for both Jedi or Sith, however the Scorpion and Reaper models are very Sithy in appearance. (It's the claws.)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

jd77
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »

Welcome, BlindJedi!

A lot of Ultrasabers hilt designs are completely original designs. However, some of them are taken from movie hilts or game characters. I'll do my best to remember as many as I can:

Graflex - Anakin Episode III/Luke Episodes IV and V
Chosen One - Darth Vader
Guardian - Obi Wan Episodes I and II
Consular - Qui Gon Jinn
Menace - Half of Darth Maul's staff
Archon - Similar to Luke's Episode VI/Obi Wan's Episode III and IV lightsabres

Raven - Starkiller's 'Sith Stalker' lightsabre, from the Dark Side path in the Force Unleashed video game
Bellicose - Starkiller/Galen Malak's lightsabre from Force Unleashed II
Malice - Darth Malgus' lightsabre from the Old Republic game

Shock/Shock LE - Similar to hilts used by background Jedi like Aayla Secura in the prequel films. Within the expanded universe the explanation is that the similarity is down to them
Monarch and Dark Monach - Some people view these as being inspired by Sidious/Palpatine's hilts from Episode III because of the flowing lines, but it seems to me to be a loose inspiration at best
Flamberge - Inspired by the crossguard lightsabre carried by a character in the Episode VII trailer

And not forgetting the Omen, which isn't a Star Wars hilt - it's based off the Sword of Omens from the Thundercats cartoon Smiley

Catalyst - half Bastila Shan's staff (KOTOR)
War Glaive - Exar Kun inspired (his was a single hilt double bladed)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 04:15:28 PM »

electrum wind: Mace's
plus 2 hilts for Asoka: Lost grey and Fulcrum.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 06:34:05 PM »

War Glaive - Exar Kun inspired (his was a single hilt double bladed)

Hmmm.... didnt know that... very interesting indeed. Thanks!

gpm
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »

you can also check out the Wookipedia ever lightsaber every lightsaber that had a Pic is in there.

Lost Grey and Fulcrum are based on Asoka Tano's sabers when she was Anakins Padwan

cheers

For the Light
Archon v2.1 C.G.
Initiate v3 A.S.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: