Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Renegade  (Read 585061 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »

I might get me a Renegade in a couple months finally. I like the more unique look of it over the standard Flamberge saber. As Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z Abridged would say: Renegade for life! Tongue Will be my ultimate Sith weapon for sure and will definitely deserve a display of some kind. Not really a crossguard fan but definitely loving the Renegade more. We need some more pictures up Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »

I have some up of the weathered one I picked up from DragonCon this past year...I think it is in the customization thread....I personally love it.  Although it is big and beefy this thing is my SIth Claymore!  What type of finish are you going to go for?  Basic black, LE, CE?

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »

Probably LE just to have some character and hints of silver there. Might even see if US could send me the silver claws too ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2017, 11:41:13 PM »

I have one of these guys with basic sound and Red LED's on the way.  I can't wait to play around with it / do some modding - have a few ideas rolling around already.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2017, 01:51:35 AM »

Couple ideas I had for modding my soon-to-come Renegade:

1) to alter the blade itself - I don't have a link, but somewhere here on the saberforums another user used either a woodburner or soldering iron, and they used it to scar the blade up over the entire length, and it gave it kind of an "unstable" appearance.  The same user also got their hands on some Xmas icicle decorations that were about 6" long, and put those into the side emitters to make it look more flamelike - looked pretty good.  So Yeah I plan on stealing that idea.

2) To further the look of the "unstable blade" appearance I thought of something that may or may not work:  heating a needle and making holes in the blade near where it sits in the emitter - these holes would go in at an angle toward the emitter.  Then...getting some Fiber Optic cords the same size as the needle holes, and inserting a few in here and there to give the idea of the occasional sparks that fly out from the unstable blades.  Again...experimental idea.  I'll see how this works.

3) Probably going to sandblast certain parts of the hilt here and there, and then through some different coloring techniques make it a bit rough looking - closer to Kylo's very busted up/old saber.  Not totally, but a little.

4) Make a couple small holes here and there, and run wires externally from one hole to another - just to give it a bit more of a haphazard put together look.

Of course this is all assuming I have the time to sit down and go for it lol

Anyone else mod out their Renegades / Flamberges?

Anomylech
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

"Next is Voort saBinring, a Gamorrean."

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »

Got my Renegade LE last night.  And boy it's heavy.  Not sure I'll ever swing and spin it like the videos, but right now it's a LOT of fun to hold and to wave around.

I got it with a Blazing Red/Bane's Heart pulse main blade, and Adegan Silver + color filter discs for the side blades.  So far I've found 2 red discs per side blade is a pretty good match for Blazing Red, at least with 40" and 8" Ultraedge Heavy Grade blades.  I'll probably modify the Emerald settings so that the pulse is just 100%/80% Blazing Red as suggested and try to get the side blades to match that.  Then load up a Kylo Ren soundfont and it'd be good to go until I get the hankering for other colors.

It is MASSIVE.  And GLORIOUS.

Grabbag - Liberator v3 Fire Orange 36" UEMG

Graflex CE Emerald/Obsidian V4 36" UEHG
Renegade LE Emerald/Obsidian V4 40"/8" UEHG
Archon 3.1 CG Obsidian V4 36"/24"/16" HG
Consular CG Obsidian V4 36" UEHG

Winter Raffle Grand Prize - Lost Gray and Fulcrum

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »

Nice. I like how the side blades are kinda dimmer but still there

Akacen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 64

« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2017, 09:02:16 PM »

Got my Renegade LE last night.  And boy it's heavy.  Not sure I'll ever swing and spin it like the videos, but right now it's a LOT of fun to hold and to wave around.

I got it with a Blazing Red/Bane's Heart pulse main blade, and Adegan Silver + color filter discs for the side blades.  So far I've found 2 red discs per side blade is a pretty good match for Blazing Red, at least with 40" and 8" Ultraedge Heavy Grade blades.  I'll probably modify the Emerald settings so that the pulse is just 100%/80% Blazing Red as suggested and try to get the side blades to match that.  Then load up a Kylo Ren soundfont and it'd be good to go until I get the hankering for other colors.

It is MASSIVE.  And GLORIOUS.

Very nice. Point for you. Smiley

LS points please. ^.^

My Sabers:
Stunt: Initiate (CG), Catalyst (SRD), Mantis CE (AB), Aeon v2 (CG), Dark Apprentice v4 (BR), Dark Initiate v4 (CG), Apprentice LE v5 (AB), Sentinel LE v5 (AB, SRD), Aeon LE v5 (SRD), Arbiter (GB), Consular (CG), Spectre (FO)
Lite Sound: Catalyst (SRD), Sentinel LE V4 (AB)
V4 Sound: Aeon LE v4 (CG), Bellicose (FO), Lost Gray (SRD)
Emerald: Fulcrum

Wishlist: Grand Master LE (currently in cart), Savior, Brood Guard SE, Dorinian, Flamberge CE, Shock LE, Dark War Glaive, Guardian

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:48 AM »

Got my Renegade LE last night.  And boy it's heavy.  Not sure I'll ever swing and spin it like the videos, but right now it's a LOT of fun to hold and to wave around.

I got it with a Blazing Red/Bane's Heart pulse main blade, and Adegan Silver + color filter discs for the side blades.  So far I've found 2 red discs per side blade is a pretty good match for Blazing Red, at least with 40" and 8" Ultraedge Heavy Grade blades.  I'll probably modify the Emerald settings so that the pulse is just 100%/80% Blazing Red as suggested and try to get the side blades to match that.  Then load up a Kylo Ren soundfont and it'd be good to go until I get the hankering for other colors.

It is GLORIOUS.  That's a fantastic saber.  I haven't wanted a crossguard hilt yet, but it is still very, very impressive.  Good for you getting one you really enjoy!  -1 congratulatory point coming atcha

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Anomylech
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

"Next is Voort saBinring, a Gamorrean."

« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »

Hum.  Got 2 of the LEE filters swatch booklets, paired up a single #106 cutout with a single US red filter disc per side blade, and now the side blades are less red-orange and more red-red, though not quite a perfect match.  But this is now something I definitely can live with.

Grabbag - Liberator v3 Fire Orange 36" UEMG

Graflex CE Emerald/Obsidian V4 36" UEHG
Renegade LE Emerald/Obsidian V4 40"/8" UEHG
Archon 3.1 CG Obsidian V4 36"/24"/16" HG
Consular CG Obsidian V4 36" UEHG

Winter Raffle Grand Prize - Lost Gray and Fulcrum

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2017, 11:17:11 PM »

So...Now that I've had my Renegade LE for a few months I have a suggestion to anyone thinking of getting one:

IF you're planning on getting a Renegade with sound, I highly suggest going with Premium Sound for the sake of having the Li-Ion Battery setup.  With the 4-AAA Battery setup, you run out of juice pretty quick with the sound and 3 LED's going (not like it burns out in 10 minutes, but it's much, much, much faster than a regular saber by far).  It became an issue with me so much so that I've sent mine back to US and am paying the good folks there to upgrade it to v4 sound with the Li-Ion batteries, as well as a recharge port.  So yeah, I strongly suggest you spend the extra $$ for that setup - you'll be pleased as punch if you do.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2017, 09:12:19 PM »

You CAN use the Energizer re-chargeable batteries even with Obsidian Lite set up I think so, should help some. I know you can use them in standard stunts though but not sure about Obsidian Lite set up

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »

You CAN use the Energizer re-chargeable batteries even with Obsidian Lite set up I think so, should help some. I know you can use them in standard stunts though but not sure about Obsidian Lite set up

Yeah you definitely can - I had been using some rechargeable AAA batteries and just had another set charged up and on standby for when they conked out, but still - the Li-Ion setup is so much better...  In fact, just a couple days ago I got my Renegade back from being upgraded to v4 sound with a Recharge Port, and man it lasts SO...MUCH...LONGER...  lol

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »

That is a beautiful saber.  I have to admit that I am not particularly drawn to the crossguard sabers; nevertheless, it is a fantastic looking example of Kylo Ren's.  Congratulations  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »

Shiny. What blade lengths did you get. I like the proportions.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: