Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Summer Saber Sale - Premium Grab Bag!!  (Read 38646 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 05:47:11 AM »

AWWW, don't do that!  You're making my wallet pulse, without even looking at potential sabers to purchase! Shocked

You my friend, are well and truly addicted...... Haven't even received your raffle entries & winning sabers yet and you're plotting your next purchase  Roll Eyes

Well....... welcome to the club, lol....... brother from another mother  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:50:17 AM by JediXIX » Logged

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 06:16:47 AM »

Speaking of premium, custom grab bag lightsabers there are quite a few things I liked.  FIRST did you see the raised LATCHING AV switch on the Guardian?!  What?!  The new pommel on the bottom of said Guardian and a few others.  The body of the MENACE with other MHS parts; and having recently been interested in the Omen - someone will be lucky to nab one of those I'm sure.

I really enjoyed all the ones shared last time around which was quite a while ago.  Good luck with everyone's decision's with this offer.  Would be fun to receive something this one of a kind Shocked

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 06:25:56 AM »

Speaking of premium, custom grab bag lightsabers there are quite a few things I liked.  FIRST did you see the raised LATCHING AV switch on the Guardian?!  What?!  The new pommel on the bottom of said Guardian and a few others.  The body of the MENACE with other MHS parts; and having recently been interested in the Omen - someone will be lucky to nab one of those I'm sure.

I really enjoyed all the ones shared last time around which was quite a while ago.  Good luck with everyone's decision's with this offer.  Would be fun to receive something this one of a kind Shocked

Well...... as I'm a saberholic, I did notice a few things, lol, but you bring up an interesting one Hazard, the av switches?

Normally they're only on sabers with sound....... ??

Dr_R_Eaper
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 07:17:36 AM »

I'm starting to get a little suspicions of these promotions.  They always seem to start the day after I spend my money and finish a couple of days before I next get paid.  Maybe I'll get lucky and this sale will get extended a couple of days like the last one, those premium grab bags look enticing.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 01:56:27 PM »

Well...... as I'm a saberholic, I did notice a few things, lol, but you bring up an interesting one Hazard, the av switches?

Normally they're only on sabers with sound....... ??

Ones with sound are momentary AV's, and I believe latching AV's for stunts exist too. They aren't common because of how long the whole switch is. They tend to be raised off the body of the hilt; whereas we know US normally uses the low profile ones be it momentary or latching.
(Someone pls correct me if I'm getting this wrong Smiley). That's what I understand it to be.

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »

Ones with sound are momentary AV's, and I believe latching AV's for stunts exist too. They aren't common because of how long the whole switch is. They tend to be raised off the body of the hilt; whereas we know US normally uses the low profile ones be it momentary or latching.
(Someone pls correct me if I'm getting this wrong Smiley). That's what I understand it to be.

Yep you are right..... The Guardians in the premium grab bag photo look like they have the longer latching switches, but the others look closer to the hilt..... I have recently found a 16mm non-illuminated latching av that would fit as normal in US hilts, so maybe that's what they are using? It's just new and haven't seen them before.... Or, they are grab bags with sound??

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »

That's definitely true.
From what I understood the activation boxes are required for the latching av switches us carries. That could be changing though, who knows.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 04:34:09 PM »

I posted a 32 page exposé on switches, just ask Lord C  Tongue
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24480.msg369053#msg369053

The new 16mm Non-illuminated latching av switch I found is centre in this top pic (normal US 16mm illuminated momentary av switch on left and 16mm illuminated latching long av switch on the right)... This new latching av switch will fit in US hilts, but it is Non-illuminated.... The bottom pic is the 2 versions I found, raised switch and flush switch....

Pure speculation, and I could be reading too much into the premium grab bag pic (I do that  Roll Eyes) but I would really like US to offer an option of a non-illuminated latching av on stunt sabers.....

The more reasonable explanation would be those grab bag sabers with av's are already setup with sound for people who want to add sound as an option as Emory mentions they are happy to do in his video....

(Sometimes I think and analyse things way too much, lol)

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 06:10:50 PM »

As cool as a premium grab bag would be, I'm with D7.   The CDN $ continues to get worse, and a $500 USD (+shipping) is a HUGE purchase at today's valuation.

I've got a few weeks to ponder making a smaller purchase to at least try to take advantage of the 10% deal, especially if there's the chance to stack it with something good from the DotDs.  (But I also need to work on the boss too...).

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »

(But I also need to work on the boss too...).

Amen brother. Cheesy

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 06:54:56 PM »

I think I'll be sitting out on this one, my second place raffle prize is basically what I would have ordered so I can't justify another purchase right now. Everyone best post pictures of what they get though.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

ArtifaX
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »

Just a quick question... Does 500$+ threshold include shipping?

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 07:09:08 PM »

Just a quick question... Does 500$+ threshold include shipping?

Nope, it's $500 before shipping is applied.

dotcom87
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 04:32:34 AM »

I totally was not planning on ordering another saber so soon but.....this deal may just be to hard to pass up! I was wanting to get a Graflex anyway to go with my Chosen One SE. I'm thinking of getting the Graflex CE Emerald, and to help get it to $500, order a regular Grab Bag, and then get then get the premium grab bag on top of that! So, three sabers! That will have to last me awhile as I won't be able to afford another one for a leg time. I'm  hoping the Graflex shows up as a DotD. Last time the chosen one was the DotD right after I had just ordered mine! I'm on the fence as to if I would want to pay extra for the premium grab bag to have sound. It's more fun with sound, but I don't know how much extra that would be.

Has anyone ordered and gotten their premium grab bag yet? Curious to know what's being sent out.

Sabers:
Master Replicas FX: Maul staff, Vader, Luke ROTJ (2), Mace Windu (2), Anakin ROTS, Obi-Wan US conversion.

US: Emerald/Sound- Chosen One SE, Graflex CE
Menace SE Tri-BR w/V4 sound, Electrum Wind VA w/V3 sound, Archon V3 CG w/Lite sound
Arbiter GB stunt, Dark standard issue VA stunt
Stunts- Dark SI in VA, Arbiter PGB in GB

Merkatrig
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 04:48:29 AM »

I received this wat glaive without claws today as my premium grab bag:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: