Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wraith V2 review  (Read 2945 times)
Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« on: January 10, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »

Although this was a limited run saber (not sure if there are any left), I figure I'll post a review in case these get re-released, or somebody is considering buying one off of somebody else.

The original wraith was another saber that I kicked myself for not buying two of- fitted with a 30" midgrade blade, it had to be one of the most agile sabers I had ever seen. It had a very slim handle, was incredibly light, and handled swiftly as the wind.

Once again, Ultra put out a revamped version, the Wraith V2. This time I ordered a matched pair in fire orange. These are just as good as the originals, in fact, they incorporate some features that the originals didn't have. For example, the lower part of the wraith hilt is comprised of part of a small flashlight, or so I have heard. And it takes one lithium-ion battery, instead of the standard AA or AAA's we're used to. Each saber has a small charging port right on the hilt, and includes a small charger, which plugs right into the wall, with the other end going right into the saber. There's a car charger too, as if it didn't have enough goodies. Another unusual thing about this saber is that it has three modes of operation- Full brightness, half brightness, and a strobe mode that turns it into a raver toy. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the half-bright or strobe modes, simply for the reason that I don't have a use for them. But others might feel differently.

The orange in these is not an amber orange, but a true rich, bright orange. Even more so than it looks in my photos. It's a gorgeous colour, making the saber look like it's putting out heat. Fire orange indeed! I cheaped out and only got 30" midgrade blades- this is one case where I wish I had gotten ultra edges instead, which I am sure would make the orange look great.

Overall, the handling on these is amazing, and they work beautifully with shorter blades. I'm not sure how well they would balance with 36" or heavy blades, but with a 30" blade, each one has the look and feel of a true stealth weapon, or a wicked fast sidearm.

Now here's the pics, my kitten, Tri-pawed helped me take a few of them:

Darth_Greyloch
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »

Wow, these look really nice, and the lithium ion option sounds handy too. Hopefully they'll offer them again. The orange looks great in those shots. I think it actually does look better than mine. I got the ultra-edge option, Deep was telling me that color looks better without it. After seeing yours, I think he's right, though I am far from disappointed with mine, it's all pretty good.

Proud owner of: Phantom V2 (Fire Orange)
& Standard Issue (Adegan Silver)
Reviews: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=51.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=402.0

Darth Pelage
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:00:55 PM »

They're a sight to behold. I've been kicking myself for quite sometime for not being able to order one while they were available both times.  Sad

Delete this account.

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:31:21 AM »

I wonder if these will get re-released some time without the exotic extra modes and standard machined segments instead of flashlight parts? It would be pretty cool if they had a "standard issue" wraith, in addition to the limited releases. I know I absolutely love mine!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: