Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New to here  (Read 2961 times)
Rook0912
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 28, 2015, 01:32:28 AM »

Hey all I'm Aaron been a fan of Star Wars as far back as I can remember I always fancied the double blade ever sense episode one, I also work on armor I got a havoc trooper going right now. Just got out of the Army, I'm trying to get my motorcycle license and I'm also looking to start a dueling group in the Madison, Janesville, Albany area of Wisconsin. If there isn't already one in the area.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:35:29 AM by Rook0912 » Logged

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:58:33 AM »

Welcome to the forums! And to the Ultrasabers obsession Wink

This thread (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8901.0) may or may not help you locate people in your area.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 03:14:19 PM »

Whaddup, noob? So you wanna saber? Any ideas?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rook0912
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »

I wanna do a double blade but the way I wanna do it so have the blades shorter like the size of the staff and then have a longer hilt.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 09:13:52 PM »

I wanna do a double blade but the way I wanna do it so have the blades shorter like the size of the staff and then have a longer hilt.

Make you a deal, you go post in RULES and I'll let you know how to order what you're looking for.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »

Make you a deal, you go post in RULES and I'll let you know how to order what you're looking for.

Since when did we Sith make "deals"?  Wink

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Rook0912
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 12:58:47 AM »

Anywhere specific I should post?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 01:03:26 AM »

Hi and welcome.  If you go to the top of the main saber forum page you will find FORUM RULES TOPIC in bold red print.  The expectation is that you will read them and post an acknowledgement of agreement.  Giving away your first born is not a requirement but hang on securely to any sabers.  Grin

Rook0912
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 01:10:08 AM »

Posted

Rook0912
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 02:11:19 AM »

Another thing I was thinking about still the longer hilt for a double blade and then using rare earth magnets or something to make it so I could detach them for storage and/or use in gombat. But with the first one I was thinking on using a stiff hung system to fold it in half so it's easier for storage.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »

Welcome to our addiction.  Sounds like you have a lot going on, and a cool plan for a saber. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »

Welcome, Rook!

If you can come up with a way to make a studry detachable coupler, I think you'd make a lot of people here happy - it's definitely an issue as at present uncoupling takes 30 seconds or so, plus the time needed to put a pommel on at least one of the hilts... Not optimal for a quick switch during a fight Smiley

For longer hilts you might want to look at the Reapers and Arbiters, or otherwise consider the RGB option for the Aeon/Dominix, Shocks, Bane or Overlord as that adds an inch or so to each hilt.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Rook0912
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 11:22:15 PM »

I got a couple ideas

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »

Since I said so. ~¿~

Another thing I was thinking about still the longer hilt for a double blade and then using rare earth magnets or something to make it so I could detach them for storage and/or use in gombat. But with the first one I was thinking on using a stiff hung system to fold it in half so it's easier for storage.

I've dealt with rare earth magnets in the past. Although they are insanely powerful, I fear the torque generated by a saber would too easily sever the bond, NTM I don't think boards or speakers will play very nice with that kind of magnetic force. However I could be mistaken and this is a great plan. Conduct your experiment and report your results.

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 05:34:04 PM »

This made me LOL.

Welcome to the forum!   Sounds like you have a lot of cool ideas.  Like James Casey said, if you could manage that?  Man, you'd make a lot of people super excited.   Hope you enjoy your new-found addiction!  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: