Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Liberator  (Read 1391 times)
JDScholler
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

« on: July 28, 2015, 06:32:36 AM »

Hello all, this review is for the Dark Liberator I ordered as a present for my wife.  It is a mate to the Liberator I use as my favorite spinning/dueling saber.

This one has a Black AV Switch and a Violet Amethyst blade with a v3 Obsidian soundboard and Bane's Heart Flash on Clash.  Being as her favorite colors are purple and pink, it was a no-brainer!  I got the stock vented pommel, but I prefer pommels with sound vents rather than a totally open end - I like to put cotton balls in the pommel to dampen the sound indoors.  The pics have my Short-Grooved Bellicose Pommel on this Saber.  I think it looks great, especially with the end of that pommel being Black Anodized.  And it lowers the balance point to just below the lower vents while the stock pommel puts the balance point just below the emitter (with a 32" blade).

Pros:  This is a great hilt for spinning or combat; one handed or two handed.  The concave inner 3rd of the hilt you can put either hand into comfortably.  So it makes a great combat weapon no matter your style.  It's not long but it's not short either; there is plenty of room for 2 hands on this hilt and you can grip it near the emitter or under the switch.

Cons:  You can't have the Emerald Driver and sound.  The windows are very simple and relatively unimpressive.  There are few customizable options.

Overall:  This is the dark version of a hilt I know and love.  It has many shortcomings especially compared to the newer v4 line.  I wouldn't change anything about the hilt.  BUT I do have some gripes.  I don't like the Black AV Switch.  It gets lost on this saber and looks cheap.  A Silver AV Switch or a Purple-Illuminated Switch would have been much better.  Also I think having "Bane's Heart" as the primary color and flashing to "Violet Amethyst" would have looked much more impressive.  But this is for my wife and not me so I must accept her decisions!

Light Points please

Scorpion w Emerald                  Initiate LEv2 GB
RGB Bellicose                           MR FX Obi-wan (E3)
Liberator v3 CG                        FX Luke (E4)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 SrD        FX Vader
Dark Initiate v2 BR                   FX Luke (E6)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:52:10 PM »

Nice set up. I also have a Dark in Emerald Green but with no sound and all stock parts. Love the Liberator saber:)

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »

Hi JD.  Thanks for posting this review.  I actually like the uninterrupted line of this Libby with the dark av switch.  Your choice of the Bellicose short groove pommel compliments both the slightly wider lower hilt and the emitter design.  Perhaps it is a female preference, but with this blade and FoC colors I wouldn't change a thing.  Point to you for a wonderful present.  Smiley

Sithstar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »

Semi-random observation:

It's pretty amusing that most women love pink, since blue (not pink) was originally a masculine color prior to WW I.

Boys also wore dresses until the age of 6 back then, too.

*hums "the more you know" theme*
 Wink

And just to derail my derailment back to...rails...

...the Liberator seems pretty cool.
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: