Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Legend of Zelda!  (Read 7573 times)
VeritasVS
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 12

« on: August 06, 2015, 01:24:53 AM »

For me, my absolute favorite game of all time is The Legend of Zelda!

I'm not sure of my favorite one though... I pretty much love them all!

What are your favorite Zelda games? Represent!

Drovan-zi Kurelas

Jedi Consular

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 02:06:40 AM »

Ocarina of Time without a doubt.  I think it was the first game I played where you could roam around wherever you wanted in an expansive world.  Plus shooting bad guys with a bow and arrows while on horseback is aces in my book.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

VeritasVS
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 05:47:23 AM »

Ocarina of Time without a doubt.  I think it was the first game I played where you could roam around wherever you wanted in an expansive world.  Plus shooting bad guys with a bow and arrows while on horseback is aces in my book.

Great points here! OoT was the first one I ever played and is the reason I fell in love with the series! In fact, OoT when I was 7 years old is the main reason I am so in love with all things fantasy, sci-fi, and medieval history! Even the ocarina, martial arts, and horseback riding were first introduced to me through OoT Smiley

Drovan-zi Kurelas

Jedi Consular

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »

The first Zelda I ever played was Twilight Princess for Wii. Actually I didn't think much of Zelda although I own(ed) various Nintendo consoles (NES, N64 and the newer Gameboys excluded) and games for about 20 years now. It didn't really fascinate me...until I saw the first pics and vids from TP for Wii. That was the moment I thought "Wow, that looks great...maybe I'll buy that once it's released " and so I did (together with an official game guide...I know, but I like those guides Grin). Now I also own Skyward Sword, which is IMO even a bit better than TP...some things might be a bit annoying, but in total it's as great as TP.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 02:07:06 PM »

My friend still has a gamecube that he doesnt use anymore. I've been thinking of taking it back to college with me so i can play old games like Jedi Outcast with people and also Legend of Zelda. My favorite Dj/producer does a live show and incorporates anime and the zelda song in his live show. Ever since seeing it i've been dying to play that game again. Nintendo was the best

Caylem
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Lightpoints please!

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 02:45:32 PM »

The legend of Zelda is one of my favorite series of all time, i own every Zelda up to date exept the that go out on Philip console, but they are bad anyway.

If i had to pick my favorite, it would be Ocarina of time, but followed closely by A link to the past / A link between world / Skyward sword.

Here is a list of the existing Zelda that people might not be aware off:

NES: The legend of Zelda 1 and 2
Gameboy: Link's awakening
SNES: A link to the past
Gameboy color: Oracle of season / Oracle of past
Gameboy advance: The Minish cap
N64: Ocarina of time / Majora's mask
Game cube: The Windwakers / The four sword
Wii: Twilight princess / The Skyward sword
Nintendo DS: Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks
Nintendo 3DS: A link between world

PS: Some of the games got out on different consoles, but i'm only saying the original release console. I might have forgot some, but it seems complete.

Lightsabers:
                   Manticore CE V3sound (emerald)
                   The guardian V4sound (emerald) Nickel plated
                   Initiate LE V3 in CG
                   Azure Reaper V3 sound in GB
                   The Consular V4 sound in CG

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »

Having grown up playing the NES, I spent many happy hours playing Zelda 1 and 2.  Those were so cool, because the cartridges were gold!  Cool

Out of your list I have played the NES, N64, GameCube and Wii Zelda's.  I think my top three are Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and the 2nd for NES.  I did play the ones with the more cartoony graphics, but they didn't hold my interest as much.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

VeritasVS
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »

The first Zelda I ever played was Twilight Princess for Wii. Actually I didn't think much of Zelda although I own(ed) various Nintendo consoles (NES, N64 and the newer Gameboys excluded) and games for about 20 years now. It didn't really fascinate me...until I saw the first pics and vids from TP for Wii. That was the moment I thought "Wow, that looks great...maybe I'll buy that once it's released " and so I did (together with an official game guide...I know, but I like those guides Grin). Now I also own Skyward Sword, which is IMO even a bit better than TP...some things might be a bit annoying, but in total it's as great as TP.

TP and SS are both very good games! You should check out the others! Even if they don't look great, they play like a dream!

Drovan-zi Kurelas

Jedi Consular

VeritasVS
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »

My friend still has a gamecube that he doesnt use anymore. I've been thinking of taking it back to college with me so i can play old games like Jedi Outcast with people and also Legend of Zelda. My favorite Dj/producer does a live show and incorporates anime and the zelda song in his live show. Ever since seeing it i've been dying to play that game again. Nintendo was the best

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both beautiful games for the Gamecube!

Drovan-zi Kurelas

Jedi Consular

VeritasVS
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »

The legend of Zelda is one of my favorite series of all time, i own every Zelda up to date exept the that go out on Philip console, but they are bad anyway.

If i had to pick my favorite, it would be Ocarina of time, but followed closely by A link to the past / A link between world / Skyward sword.

Here is a list of the existing Zelda that people might not be aware off:

NES: The legend of Zelda 1 and 2
Gameboy: Link's awakening
SNES: A link to the past
Gameboy color: Oracle of season / Oracle of past
Gameboy advance: The Minish cap
N64: Ocarina of time / Majora's mask
Game cube: The Windwakers / The four sword
Wii: Twilight princess / The Skyward sword
Nintendo DS: Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks
Nintendo 3DS: A link between world

PS: Some of the games got out on different consoles, but i'm only saying the original release console. I might have forgot some, but it seems complete.

Great choices! Smiley

Drovan-zi Kurelas

Jedi Consular

VeritasVS
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »

Having grown up playing the NES, I spent many happy hours playing Zelda 1 and 2.  Those were so cool, because the cartridges were gold!  Cool

Out of your list I have played the NES, N64, GameCube and Wii Zelda's.  I think my top three are Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and the 2nd for NES.  I did play the ones with the more cartoony graphics, but they didn't hold my interest as much.

When I was younger, I refused to play Wind Waker because I HATED its animation! However, I gave it a chance and I fell in love with that game!

Drovan-zi Kurelas

Jedi Consular

Caylem
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Lightpoints please!

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »

Yeah i hated the self shading design, but its a great game and you get used to it. I pre-ordered wind wakers and i got a free copy of Ocarina of time Master quest on game cube, never played it, but i heard it was harder and more donjon, i really need to try it after all these years!

Lightsabers:
                   Manticore CE V3sound (emerald)
                   The guardian V4sound (emerald) Nickel plated
                   Initiate LE V3 in CG
                   Azure Reaper V3 sound in GB
                   The Consular V4 sound in CG

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 05:29:16 PM »

Favorite series of all time... Owned and mastered all of the console games...  Still into it...  They keep,getting better and better...  I prefer the more adult animations as well but wimdwaker still had great gameplay.  I love the story lines and OoT had a great one...  The next Zelda game that was due out for this Xmas is now delayed if you did not already know...  There are rumors now that it will be delayed until the release of the next system.. Saw some project designation "Nintendo X".  I usually wait until the next Zelda release to buy the new console.  I do not own Hyrule warriors though...  Not sure it is worth buying a wii u though...

On a more saber related note, I would so buy a Master Sword inspired hilt if produced by US...  Regardless what the current exchange rate is...  May the Triforce be with you all Smiley

VeritasVS
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 11:19:58 PM »

May the Triforce be with you all Smiley

Haha nice!

I have loved every game I have played! It was the game that most sparked my imagination when I was a child!

I want the new game, but I have to see what they are going to do with it! I wish they would either give us more to see, or that they would have just waited to announce it! But I understand there are a lot of setbacks.

Drovan-zi Kurelas

Jedi Consular

Dschadir NL
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 05:34:54 AM »

Believe it or not, but my first Zelda was The Wind Waker on WiiU. I used to be a Sega fan during the Nineties and I, for a long time, did not care much about these types of games. The Wind Waker, however, got me hooked and so I played A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS as well (OoT 3DS had already been sitting on the shelf for a while at that time) and also absolutely loved it. I then scoured the Net (Ebay) and started buying every Zelda game out there. Only ones missing in my collection to date are Zelda 1 and 2 on the NES and Legend of Zelda (SNES). I want pristine CIB copies and am very picky about the condition and region code (either HOL, FRA or FAH). Currently I'm working my way through OoT on the 3DS and Skyward Sword (Wii), but the graphics of Skyward don't look so good. Especially on a big screen TV.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid - May the Force be with you!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: