Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: HD Video Test (Saber Spins + Tricking) -- Nova  (Read 2577 times)
Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 110

« on: August 27, 2011, 09:10:10 AM »

Alright... some of you don't really know of my Y-tube channel.  All I can say is... really--many of you would enjoy at LEAST 70% or more of my vids.  Or my name ain't Nathan Arizona.

Saber Spins (Obsidian + direct-driven + Luxeon V + 7.4v Li-Ion pack + 40mm speaker)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxuhD4lqQ8 (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Tricking Combo (Right chop + X-Out + Round + Hook + Pop Front + Pop Cres + Pop Front (again?!?) + feint back sweep to front sweep + Wheel + B-Kick + B-Twist)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kk28Zc8W0 (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

I was tired on the combo.  Please excuse.   Grin

--Nova

Creator of the "BALANCE OF POWER" live staged-combat shows
Licensed & experienced sabre fencing instructor
Sound font engineer for "Crystal Focus" & Obsidian
Creator of the NSCFCDs (CF Sound CDs)
Co-Founder of Golden Gate Knights (SF)
Co-Creator of NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System)

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »

You were able to do all that while tired in the second video ? Dude that's totally impresive!! Great work Nova!!

dark side points please

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »

I only have one thing to say. AWESOME.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

Alright... some of you don't really know of my Y-tube channel.  All I can say is... really--many of you would enjoy at LEAST 70% or more of my vids.  Or my name ain't Nathan Arizona.

Saber Spins (Obsidian + direct-driven + Luxeon V + 7.4v Li-Ion pack + 40mm speaker)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxuhD4lqQ8#noexternalembed-ws

Tricking Combo (Right chop + X-Out + Round + Hook + Pop Front + Pop Cres + Pop Front (again?!?) + feint back sweep to front sweep + Wheel + B-Kick + B-Twist)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kk28Zc8W0#noexternalembed-ws

I was tired on the combo.  Please excuse.   Grin

--Nova

Great video Master Nova, I wanna learn that b-twist but I want to prefect my b-kick.

Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:26:01 PM by Nero Attoru » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 03:41:07 AM »

Working on b-kick and making it super-excellent will definitely help increase the chances of learning a proper b-twist.  Smiley

Even I have to continue working on b-kick unless I want my b-twist to suffer...

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 04:15:37 AM »

Grin  awesome what style was that in master nova?

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Ty_Bomber
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »

Nova, awesome videos, as usual. Not to get off topic, but just a quick question: how come you've never shown us a gallery of your saber hilts? I know yours are all unique designs, and I assume handmade? I never got a good look at any of them, but the one in this video looks new. Did you make it specifically for your obsidian board?

I am part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Seriously, don't let my username fool you. I need Light Side points.

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »

Nova, awesome videos, as usual. Not to get off topic, but just a quick question: how come you've never shown us a gallery of your saber hilts? I know yours are all unique designs, and I assume handmade? I never got a good look at any of them, but the one in this video looks new. Did you make it specifically for your obsidian board?
   i second that question awesome sabers looks like a modified consular hilt with alittle shock emitter but your hilts end is original Grin

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 08:03:09 AM »

Glad you guys liked... let's see... firstly--I do not believe in a "style".  I completely agree with Bruce Lee--the best style is NO (particular) style, the best way is no (particular) way.

That being said--when you break down saber spins (we've done a bit of this on NCSCS, and you can NATURALLY find more about saber spin terminology on Banditcar's Saber Spin Tutorials)... there are really only so many ways to spin a saber--so just practice mastering all of them... and then enjoy going "free form" sometime.  Smiley

As to a gallery of sabers... I don't know, mostly "no time + no desire" to do so, and also because--it'd be silly.  Most of the saber props that I have that AREN'T shown in singular videos (Flange III lightside, Flange III darkside, Flange IV, Charontas III--which is a saber staff, and about 3-6 other interesting sabers)... are just BASIC SABERS.  They are meant for children's classes, events, performances... and generally get hugely beat-up.

In general, I care very little about the outer design (for MY purposes)... it's not what is outside, but what is INSIDE that counts.  Smiley

As to the Obsidian-driven saber in the HD saber-spinning video, it is a compilation of parts, but primarily made of a 1.5" sink tube and a "false" emitter (which happens to look like an "Obi-Wan"-ish emitter).

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 01:28:19 AM »

I can't wait for the second DVD.

Must Learn b-kick. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: