Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Old Republic REVAN novel is comming.  (Read 7908 times)
Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »

The true expression of my level of excitement about this is not appropriate for this forum...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 05:20:02 PM »

The true expression of my level of excitement about this is not appropriate for this forum...

Your crazy Jammo lol

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »

Your crazy Jammo lol

Probably, but its REVAN.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »

Probably, but its REVAN.

He's is the only Cannon Sith I really like.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 05:58:23 AM »

Darth Revan is canon Sith...at the end of TOR which is the last we see of him before whatever this novel may reveal "the Revanchist" [whatever his real name is] has become a 'redeemed' Jedi once again.

But his "Hero's Journey" from 'orthodox' Jedi to rebel Jedi "Revanchist" to Sith Lord and back, and beyond will no doubt be fascinating.

Revan is a unique character in Star Wars - not normal "Light Side" orthodox Jedi, not normal "Dark Side" orthodox Sith/Dark Jedi, not Grey 'between' the 'sides' yet fully neither...but rather someone who has been fully BOTH; saving and liberating trillions and the Republic from Mandalorian tyranny on the Light side and also killing and enslaving trillions by his own Sith conquests on the Dark side.

Uniquely able to walk either Path by choice and unlike Vader who needed a son's love to redeem him able to self-redeem by Act of Will on the Star Forge.

In military terms a strategic hypergenius who is the SW Galaxy's Alexander, Caesar, Genghis Khan and Napoleon rolled into one whose legacy was still influential after 3000 years to Darth Bane, and perhaps beyond.

In philosophical terms a Neitzschean 'ubermensch' "beyond good and evil" and a Kierkegaardian-existentialist "Knight of Faith" singularly separate from others and answerable to nothing but the Force itself.

A character so uniquely complex would be a tall order for any writer to pull off...but Karpashyn can do it I hope.

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 06:24:14 AM »

Darth Revan is canon Sith...at the end of TOR which is the last we see of him before whatever this novel may reveal "the Revanchist" [whatever his real name is] has become a 'redeemed' Jedi once again.

But his "Hero's Journey" from 'orthodox' Jedi to rebel Jedi "Revanchist" to Sith Lord and back, and beyond will no doubt be fascinating.

Revan is a unique character in Star Wars - not normal "Light Side" orthodox Jedi, not normal "Dark Side" orthodox Sith/Dark Jedi, not Grey 'between' the 'sides' yet fully neither...but rather someone who has been fully BOTH; saving and liberating trillions and the Republic from Mandalorian tyranny on the Light side and also killing and enslaving trillions by his own Sith conquests on the Dark side.

Uniquely able to walk either Path by choice and unlike Vader who needed a son's love to redeem him able to self-redeem by Act of Will on the Star Forge.

In military terms a strategic hypergenius who is the SW Galaxy's Alexander, Caesar, Genghis Khan and Napoleon rolled into one whose legacy was still influential after 3000 years to Darth Bane, and perhaps beyond.

In philosophical terms a Neitzschean 'ubermensch' "beyond good and evil" and a Kierkegaardian-existentialist "Knight of Faith" singularly separate from others and answerable to nothing but the Force itself.

A character so uniquely complex would be a tall order for any writer to pull off...but Karpashyn can do it I hope.

That Battle where Darth Revan decimates most of the Mando ground force, I was able to work my fan fic in there.  Grin

I love TOR.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »

Very well put my friend.  I forgot the sheer range of Revan's talents and personality, he truly was unique.  It will be interesting to see what sorts of details are revealed in this book, and how it fits into the new MMO.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »

I'm gonna go ahead and say I take back that statement about Revan being the only Sith I like.

I think Malak is pretty awesome, I read all the KOTOR comics and Revan and Malak play a part in it, only Malak still has his jaw.

Anyways  I know I'm supposed to be talking about Revan.

Speaking of "Force of Will"

I have "Strength of will" Engraves onto my Liberator in Aurebesh.

I may call myself a Jedi but I agree with what the sith have to say as well. Darth Revan and Master Qui-Gon, well they're my heroes.

Neither the Dark or the Light can truly exist without the other. I miss Master Qui-Gon.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 04:57:35 AM »

I Strive To Follow In The Footsteps and Example of The Lord Revan

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »

i just cant wait for this book

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 10:46:56 PM »

Found this picture of the Front cover and wanted to post also people were talking about what color saber he had.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110728211624/starwars/images/thumb/6/63/TOR-Revan.jpg/368px-TOR-Revan.jpg

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »

Here is a picture that I found in Wookiepedia with him weilding a blue blade.  Hopefully the novel will go into some of his history as well and define some things for us.

http://starwars.wikia.com/index.php?title=Revan&image=MtheUvsRevan-jpg

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 01:02:34 AM »

i cant see him with a green blade, but thats my opinion. as a character i think a blue or purple blade fits him perfect

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »

Found this picture of the Front cover and wanted to post also people were talking about what color saber he had.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110728211624/starwars/images/thumb/6/63/TOR-Revan.jpg/368px-TOR-Revan.jpg
                                      wow thats a stark contrast kham    i agree with tratus i think purple should be his jedi blade color and i hope they go back to old republic games so i can get some things cleared up lol i never played those games sorry to say

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: