Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Violet Amethyst Liberator/first review  (Read 6835 times)
Darth_Wankel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 25, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!! I just opened my VA Liberator today that I ordered from Ultra during the Black Friday sale and i must say im in love with the saber.

My only complaint is color of VA. I didn't ask for batteries but i received batteries anyways. I suppose complimentary of ultra due to holiday spirits. lol At first the blue and red was blotchy through the blade and as i left it on it turned more violet/purple. i was happy until i turned it on again and it turned more pink. i let it rest for a half hour and came back and the saber was now red??? i took the blade out to see the led and the blue is still lit but it wasn't as strong as the red. so i figured well maybe the batteries are low and sure enough they were. I put in a fresh set of Energizer batteries and now my saber is more blue than purple???

so now i have a question Ultra? is there any way i can adjust the hues of the red and blue to be more accurate or would i be better off sending them back to you for adjustment?

either way i love the liberator hilt and i'll keep ordering them in light and darkside variants from ultra. thanks ultra for making a nice saber hilt Cheesy

Darth Vane
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 12:15:17 AM »

go to the custom saber shop and order the color discs. just drop a disc a blue or red one and your be fine.

Darth_Wankel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 12:51:14 AM »

i was thinking about that and i visited the site and for some reason i cant order them, like any of the parts. maybe because they're closed from the 21-26 they disabled ordering?? either way i'd be nice to have it the color they advertised on fresh batteries, maybe my ultraedge blade plays a role in it too??

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:55 AM »

Mixing the dies to look the same way to everyone's eyes is difficult if not downright impossible.  We try our best.  Some say the color is too blue, some say it's too red.  I would recommend trying some nimh rechargeable batteries in it.  The lower voltage will make the blue less pronounced. Or you could use a color disc if you want to alter the hue.  I have discs here than I can drop in an envelope for you to save you some money.  Just email me and I'll get them out to you - Alex at ultrasabers

Darth_Wankel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 01:13:19 AM »

well alex thanks for replying i really appreciate it. i actually just sent you an email at Shipping@ultrasabers.com from rksti89(before you replied to this thread) asking the same thing i posted here. i know its impossible for it to look the same to everyones eyes i was just expecting it to be the same color, with fresh batteries, as posted in the forums on saberforum.com under your new releases section. and i appreciate the offer for the color disks but i'd feel bad if i didn't pay for em. lol if you have a full set of disks i wont mind paying shipping of the envelope Cheesy

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 01:41:58 AM »

Cool, man, you can spot me the 42 cents for the stamp.

PS, if you can, try the rechargeable batts, they may make the saber the hue you want.

Darth_Wankel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »

cool how can we set this up. i got a pay pal account.

and were can i get AAA rechargable usually i see AAs only

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 11:51:04 PM »

LOL, seriously, don't worry about the 42 cents, I got it.  I just need your order number so I can look up your address and send them.  As for the AAA nimhs, you can find them at Wal-Mart, usually in the digital camera section.

Darth_Wankel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »

lol alright. i'll send you another PM with my order and customer number on it.

Mikkyo of the Sith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 06:59:22 AM »

I have Nimhs in my VA Liberator &  like them better than the Alkalines. I also recomend the clear mid or heaveultra blades. I have 24" initiate heavygrades that I took some different grits of sand papper to polish/frost the outerdiameter of the blades to diffuse the light. The Violet/Purple seems purer. My friend Niqi's VA Lib. has 24" Ultraedges & hers seem more pink even with fresh batts. I personally think it's a BMF Windu Ep.III kinda purple, but ppl always say, "Where'd you get pinks one from?" Roll Eyes just my $0.02

Darth_Wankel
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 06:31:44 AM »

i'll deffinitely have to get on the rechargeable ones then..and i just ordered another liberator with a 32" mid grade so well see how that blade looks on the VA as well. thanks for the imput and yeah i can see people asking that question. :/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: