Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Summer Saber order (A lot passed overdue)  (Read 4882 times)
Skajj
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

Don't smoke cigs anymore

« on: August 28, 2011, 03:25:08 AM »

I ordered my sabers at the beginning of summer because the pvc sabers I had from them crapped out on me...
So to get replacements, I bought....

An Aeon in Guardian Blue, to replace the Dominix in Guardian Blue that I had... this was the first saber to break... top of the hilt just broke right off with the blade holder and everything... made a nice blue flashlight for a while XD, haha. I loved the look of this saber, and now that it's aluminum... wow, yeah, there's no words for the beauty of this saber.... I recently saw they made a LE Aeon... someone at Ultrasabers reading my posts? haha ^.^. Well now I'm tempted to see how much they would charge to send in my Aeon to have the grooves anodized gold XD haha, or hey, maybe I'll just get a LE Aeon in Yellow, Arctic Blue, or something.... man... can't believe they actually did it XD haha. This isn't the first time Ultra, is it?? ^.^ haha.

Second, I ordered a Dark Standard Issue in Consular Green. I got this saber to replace the Omen that busted.... now.. the only problem I have with this lightsaber is that the hilt is kinda small for my hands as I hold the saber at the top and near the blade.. I usually find myself holding the sharp edges of the saber and it's not comfortable >.<. I mean, I love the look of the saber.. but it's no Omen, otherwise I would be using this for my primary weapon. Oh, the only other thing was that the blade, when tightened with the retention screw would sit at an angle, I fixed this by cutting a small piece of an old debit card to compensate for the gap, and voila, it sits straight now.

Thirdly, I ordered a Phantom in Blazing Red to replace... well... the PVC Phantom that was ultimately destroyed... second saber to die, pretty much just shattered into pieces. I love this lightsaber, not only because it looks super cool, but it is two lightsabers.... so I now have two sith lightsabers that are amazingly easy to wield (better than I thought) and look sick. What's more that needs to be said? Haha

And lastly, I've always wanted a Purple lightsaber... but I never liked the Violet Amethyst color that Ultrasabers offers, I mean, yeah, it's alright, but it's too pink for me. I ordered a Liberator Staff a while back and asked Ultra to make it more purple, well I didn't particularly like the reddish purple that was going on, the sabers looked girly, and the emitter on the hilt looked too weak, looked like it might break.,so I returned it for those reasons. 
SO, ANYWAYS, I finally came to the conclusion that I needed a PURPLE lightsaber (not pink, Purple), because it’s always been my favorite as a lightsaber color. Now, I know after this post more people are going to ask for this color, because that's just the way people think (it's exactly what happened with that Pyrestone Red/Orange color), and it can't be helped because there are only so many color choices... so, I'm giving up the originality.. I guess. I present to you the Dark Amethyst Redemption, my favorite saber out of the ones I have. I am seriously debating on spending 120$ on an Obsidian sound board so this thing can have sound, and then it would be my show saber of course Tongue, haha.

My collection so far ^.^

Redemption - Dark Amethyst
Phantom - Blazing Red
Aeon - Guardian Blue
Dark Standard Issue - Consular Green

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:44:52 AM »

very nice collection. i too like the purple more than violet. when i got my violet i did not know of the purple until a week after lol. i plan on getting a dark purple led to switch back and forth on, or i might get filters to play around with

Skajj
Knight Apprentice

Don't smoke cigs anymore

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:22:22 AM »

very nice collection. i too like the purple more than violet. when i got my violet i did not know of the purple until a week after lol. i plan on getting a dark purple led to switch back and forth on, or i might get filters to play around with

Not a bad idea, I've always wanted to try the filters, never used them... yeah, this is my favorite color, so I'm definitely getting a stunt saber to use with Dark Amethyst (cause I can't bring myself to use this one). I had to think about how to get the purple and then tell Ultrasabers exactly what I wanted and explain to them how to do it (with the resistor and all). I'm sure they knew how, it was just a matter of telling them that I didn't care about the brightness of the blade and would much rather obtain the color that I wanted than anything else XP, hey, got kinda what I was looking for anyways, so I'm pretty content.

Phantom - Blazing Red
Aeon - Guardian Blue

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 04:36:44 AM »

Very nice collection, I bet getting those all at once was pretty exciting!  The Aeon in GB is a great one, very lightside.  My friend has it and I got it in a grab bag.  I have the DSI but in Fire Orange, but it looks great in CG.  You can't beat a Phantom in red, and the Redemption in that dark purple is obviously awesome, and rather unique.  Is that the same kinda thing as the Dark Violet color that's popular around here?  Essentially the VA tuned for more blue?

Fun fact, any color generated by an RGB led is technically not violet at all - it HAS to be purple.  Violet refers to a specific wavelength of light, whereas purple is created through mixing of colors like red and blue.  Just a science nerd comment, not dissing the Ultrasabers naming convention... I think the name "Violet Amethyst" has a very nice sound to it actually.

Skajj
Knight Apprentice

Don't smoke cigs anymore

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 07:03:40 AM »

Very nice collection, I bet getting those all at once was pretty exciting!  The Aeon in GB is a great one, very lightside.  My friend has it and I got it in a grab bag.  I have the DSI but in Fire Orange, but it looks great in CG.  You can't beat a Phantom in red, and the Redemption in that dark purple is obviously awesome, and rather unique.  Is that the same kinda thing as the Dark Violet color that's popular around here?  Essentially the VA tuned for more blue?

Fun fact, any color generated by an RGB led is technically not violet at all - it HAS to be purple.  Violet refers to a specific wavelength of light, whereas purple is created through mixing of colors like red and blue.  Just a science nerd comment, not dissing the Ultrasabers naming convention... I think the name "Violet Amethyst" has a very nice sound to it actually.

Oh man, I was in suspense for two weeks until they came in, and when they did arrive I couldn't use my staff because one of the Dominix's was defective (the actual pommel came off with a massive fight and I didn't dare try connecting them with a coupler).

I'm not sure what's popular around here, I'm kinda a newbie ^.^' (I've been with Ultrasabers for a long time, since their PVC sabers, but I never "found" the forum, and wasn't aware that so many other people had the same love for the idea of lightsabers as I do XP).
Yes, I chose the redemption because it is a large saber, I have large digits, therefore, perfect match, and the emitter gives it a badass effect! haha (and I saw it had a "grippy machined surface for more tactile feedback" WHAT MORE COULD I ASK FOR?! Cheesy. I chose the purple all on my own and I had to specify what I wanted them to do to it to get that exact color XP, it was a task, but communication was good and the color was (obviously) achieved with Ultrasabers. Honestly though, I think the next saber I'm going to get, I'm going to ask them if they can go even darker with the purple, I know it's possible, I just need to decide on a hilt..... and I think I have the perfect one in mind ;].

That's an interesting fact, good to know actually, and I'm glad I wasn't calling it Violet and using the correct terminology by calling it purple XD Haha.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:08:02 AM by Skajj » Logged

Phantom - Blazing Red
Aeon - Guardian Blue

Skajj
Knight Apprentice

Don't smoke cigs anymore

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »

I'll beat a phantom in red with a phantom in arctic blue or dark violet  Grin Grin Grin

Back on topic: Nice violet. Better than VA but i'd prefer dark violet over this xD I was somehow imagining your dark amethyst (when u commented on my post about dark violet) to be a little more dark/sith-ish. This looks like a Vibrant Violet (VV) Nice name eh  Tongue

Yes, a Phantom Dark Amethyst would be very bold and elegant. But I wanted two reliable and durable Sith sabers, that more than likely would be amazing if they could be joined... Cheapest and most reliable would be the Phantom, and Red is pretty much the Sith color, so you know XD haha, just in case I had to play as a bad guy ;], I could dual wield these mothers haha XP

Yeah, cameras don't do these things justice either. But like I mentioned in another post, I am going to see how dark of a purple they can get my next saber haha.

Phantom - Blazing Red
Aeon - Guardian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: