Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose  (Read 2015 times)
LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 28, 2011, 08:14:56 AM »

I'm thinking about ordering a Bellicose with Obsidian sound and lith ion. I'd like to get a few opinions on some options.  The first being blade color. Green is my color of choice, I've always wanted a green saber, but my concern is will it show up "Star Wars green" on video/pictures? I notice that the red doesn't seem to do well in videos or pictures. The Blue's always look amazing it seems though. I've had some difficulty finding good quality videos of a green US that isn't in pitch black darkness. If not, then what other colors are recommended that will do well on camera/video?

The other thing is the button color(fake button not real switch.) I was thinking a green button since it would be a potentially green blade, but my wife seems to think that a bronze will look better. She's using her Anakin Master Replica as the basis of this judgement. I'm not convinced, what do you guys think?

To sum up:

Which color blades look the best on camera/video?

Which color button accent would look best with given color?

I know it's a matter of opinion, but that's what I'm after. Thanks.

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:26:32 AM »

If you're uncertain of color choice, you could always get Quick Disconnect to swap between different LEDs.

Blue looks really good on camera, while green rarely shows as true green on video (not to me, at least) due to its brightness.

And regarding the accessory button, I'd say bronze looks best (that's what I got). But if you want to compare the buttons,
check out my review and scroll down to the part where I mention the button choice. There's a photoshopped image with all the different button choices.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2130.0

You're not gonna be disappointed if you get a Bellicose with Obsidian, it's awesome. Very loud and nice.
I've been trying to get my Consular to be as loud without any luck. Guess it's all about the resonance!

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Nyte
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »

Since I can't seem to find the option to modify my last post,

I just wanted to add that in person, I find Consular Green to be one of the most fitting colors for the Bellicose.
It looks absolutely great.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »

Since I can't seem to find the option to modify my last post,

I just wanted to add that in person, I find Consular Green to be one of the most fitting colors for the Bellicose.
It looks absolutely great.
The modify button is in the top right corner of your post
as for the fake button i would go with silver or bronze, the green button just looks kind of tacky to me. Get a green illuminated switch since ultra just started offering them, that would go perfectly with CG.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Nyte
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 02:37:20 PM »

The modify button is in the top right corner of your post
as for the fake button i would go with silver or bronze, the green button just looks kind of tacky to me. Get a green illuminated switch since ultra just started offering them, that would go perfectly with CG.

I know that it's normally in the top right corner, next to the quote function.
But it's not. Not anymore. Don't know why.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »

These colors are all great on camera, though some (Violet Amethyst in particular) get a bit distorted and end up very blue looking.  All right, here's where my bias is gonna come out... CONSULAR GREEN IS AWESOME!  Favorite saber color, I always wanted a green saber as well since seeing ROTJ as a child, and when I got my first Consular Green Ultrasaber I was beyond happy.

As for how the green looks on camera, here is a pic of it in the light - you can see it's quite bright and a very nice shade of green.

Furthermore, the green would look great on the Bellicose - a Jedi color for a very Jedi-style saber.  I would say for the accent button, the bronze would indeed look cool.  If it were me, I would go with the green illuminated AV switch, so I probably wouldn't get the green for the other button.  I would go chrome or bronze.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »

I know that it's normally in the top right corner, next to the quote function.
But it's not. Not anymore. Don't know why.
Huh that is odd it won't let me modify my post either this may become a problem among the forums if we all have to double post  Tongue
Edit:seem like we are still able to modify posts but only after a short period of time after it originally posted, since i was able to modify this one but not my previous post to you. I wonder if ultra changed the forum settings  Huh

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »

im not a big green saber fan but i have to agree it looks amazing. i love it on neros rotj hilt. it will look really great with a bronze accent button and a green anti vandal. i dont think it can get better than that

Nyte
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »

These colors are all great on camera, though some (Violet Amethyst in particular) get a bit distorted and end up very blue looking.  All right, here's where my bias is gonna come out... CONSULAR GREEN IS AWESOME!  Favorite saber color, I always wanted a green saber as well since seeing ROTJ as a child, and when I got my first Consular Green Ultrasaber I was beyond happy.

As for how the green looks on camera, here is a pic of it in the light - you can see it's quite bright and a very nice shade of green.

Furthermore, the green would look great on the Bellicose - a Jedi color for a very Jedi-style saber.  I would say for the accent button, the bronze would indeed look cool.  If it were me, I would go with the green illuminated AV switch, so I probably wouldn't get the green for the other button.  I would go chrome or bronze.

That pic looks great! In photos, you can get the green to show quite nicely using slower shutter speeds and playing with lighting, but in videos the brightness seems to wash out the color a bit (at least to me). I've only tried my midgrade UE with the CG though. It's possible that the regular midgrade blades look better.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »

Thanks a lot for all the information/replies. You have officially convinced me to get the bronze accent button, it looked great. The green did look pretty generic. The bronze has more of a Star Wars look to it. I think I will stick with the green LED. One of the main reasons I'm considering getting one is because Force-FX only offers the Kit-Fisto and Luke ROTJ saber in green(I don't count yoda.) The Kit-Fisto looks like a flashlight, and the Luke ROTJ just doesn't look anything like his actual lightsaber. I would love to get a green AV switch, but unfortunately I cannot justify spending $25 for one. I'm not even entirely sure I will be getting the Bellicose as it is. I was kind-of-ok with the 212.00 price tag. I'm a pretty practical person so spending 200+ dollars on something like this is a painful endeavor for me lol. I had come to terms with it, but then I saw it was going to be almost $18 to ship it, I may have changed my mind. I'm so used to everything online having free shipping that I guess I just kind of expected it. I'm not sure I can come to terms with spending $230 on this. Thanks a lot for the help though, I'll update if I decide to pick it up. I have some 26 year old mid life crisis soul searching to do lol.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »

The neck on the ROTJ Luke is just too thick. I saw a somewhat better looking saber that had something called a  "Hero Mod" blade holder on it, but I still couldn't use the saber very well since the hold point I needed had those Force forsaken notches on it that cut up my hand.

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »

Well since everyone already cover the accent button and blade color well enough. I just wanted to add  that you should also get quick disconnect when you decide to get your saber. That way you can switch around LED Colors in the future.   

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 04:48:11 AM »

Ok, well after much searching, researching, and debate I think I have finally decided what I will be ordering this upcoming week. My wife decided that she is going to buy me an Ultrasaber as a very early Christmas present. So, now I can feel justified getting one lol.

I will be getting a Bellicose with bronze button, lith ion, obsidian, green AV, green consular LED.

I decided against the quick disconnect. I wouldn't want to change the color, and if the LED ever went out, I could just snip the wires and install a new one. It doesn't look like it would be very difficult.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »

Ok, well after much searching, researching, and debate I think I have finally decided what I will be ordering this upcoming week. My wife decided that she is going to buy me an Ultrasaber as a very early Christmas present. So, now I can feel justified getting one lol.

I will be getting a Bellicose with bronze button, lith ion, obsidian, green AV, green consular LED.

I decided against the quick disconnect. I wouldn't want to change the color, and if the LED ever went out, I could just snip the wires and install a new one. It doesn't look like it would be very difficult.

Great choice!  That sounds like it will be a beautiful saber, as a green saber addict I am very jealous of you Wink

Quick Disconnect is a great option, but like you said if this is a saber you're gonna keep as one color there's no point.  I'm kinda the same way, the color is linked to the saber itself - changing it seems almost wrong.  Then again, I probably shouldn't treat my sabers as people haha.

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »

How heavy is the Bellicose with sound and lith ion. I'd like to be able to spin it, and I find the Master Replica sabers a little too heavy for that. Will this be heavier, about the same, or lighter than the Master Replica Anakin?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: