Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix V1 in blazing Sithy red!  (Read 2539 times)
Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« on: January 10, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »

In addition to the phantom initiate, I've got another PVC saber to review- the Dominix V1 in blazing red. I ordered it at the same time as the phantom initiate, and got a 36" heavy grade blade. The Dominix is essentially half of a Phantom, and it's a basic, fairly solid plastic hilted saber. Unlike the Phantom, the single dominix hilt does not suffer at all from whippiness, and mine has survived lots of abuse, even being stuffed into my luggage and taken to San Francisco, where I danced with it in 2009's annual Spiral Dance ritual, as a fire elemental. My personal Dominix has seen lots of use by both myself and others in saber practice and duelling alike, and it's still in great shape, holding up beautifully.
I mentioned I got a heavy-grade blade? This saber would balance better with an ultra-edge or midgrade, if balance is important to you.

This is a very simple hilt, lending itself well to customization, and I've seen lots of pics from people who have done all sorts of fun things to personalize theirs. Paint, automotive trim, foil tape, you name it, somebody has done it, turning the humble, plain black finish Dominix into a work of saber-art. And now the Dominix is available in different finishes- silver and bronze/copper, and you can get rings machined into it for variety.

If you're looking for a good beginner saber with lots of room for personal touches and customizing without being terribly expensive, the Dominix is a great choice. Its PVC hilt is much more durable than any $15 Wal-mart POS, so it's a great value for kids as well.

Here's a couple of pics- I've been playing around swapping blades, so it's pictured here with a borrowed ultra edge blade. And it looks very orange in pics, but up close it's definately a nice, sithy blood red!

andilynnwoods
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »

that IS AWESOME!

MY SABERS                            FRIENDS SABERS
Ancient Bane: Artic Blue          Dominix V1: Blazing Red 
Initiate V2 LE: Consular Green Phantom V2: Red/Blue
Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue   Initiate V2 LE: Blazing Red
Aeon: Artic Blue                      Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue

Darth Pelage
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 07:07:49 PM »

Blazing Red Dominixes FTW!!

Delete this account.

andilynnwoods
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:47:26 AM »

how much does it weigh?? does the heavy grade blade make it heavier?

MY SABERS                            FRIENDS SABERS
Ancient Bane: Artic Blue          Dominix V1: Blazing Red 
Initiate V2 LE: Consular Green Phantom V2: Red/Blue
Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue   Initiate V2 LE: Blazing Red
Aeon: Artic Blue                      Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »

Well, I don't have a small scale for weighing sabers, but it's not terribly heavy. And yes, a heavy grade blade does add a decent bit of weight to it, as well as shifting the balance point forward, to a point a few inches beyond the hilt itself. I think heavy grade blades are almost twice as thick as the midgrade ones.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

In many ways I actually prefer the V1 to the V2. Good choice.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: