Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LightSaber as Flow Tool: Hacking into the zone  (Read 5594 times)
sambot9000
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: August 28, 2015, 06:50:07 PM »

I've been playing around with flow arts for about 8 months now, and I've decided that the LightSaber is my favorite avenue for getting into the zone via movement.

So much so, I had to share it with the world!

http://www.heroesinpublic.com/gear-up/lightsaber-the-premier-flow-tool2015/8/17

Do you think this accurately represents the epic nature of the lightsaber?

Share it if you like it!

Sambot9000

Joy through movement

Connection through community

Confidence through mastery

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »

Hi.  Really enjoyed your site.  Cool  You've picked the right saber color which is purple.  Grin  Light side point for you.  Cheesy

I like your blue saber as well but on this Forum we have to refer to them as " the other guys ".
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:28:03 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 01:50:49 AM »

Wow, very interesting sambot9000....... +1  Smiley

I think you may have just re-introduced me to a whole new world....... I practice spinning a lot, every day, cause I'm a saber addict and need my fix, play with my toys hehe, or so I thought....... I used to meditate often, but not so much lately, and at times when I spin my sabers I FEEL "in the moment" and at times it reminds me of being lost in meditation, in a way....... having a quick read of the Wikipedia link you shared, and something that resonated with me was "A loss of reflective self-consciousness"...... As a musician, I also FEEL that sometimes, especially in improvisation...... Any way...... thank you for this info.....  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 04:02:39 AM »

Hello Sambot9000 and welcome to the forum. You hit the nail on the head. For me, the lightsaber is a flow art tool though my concept of this term is somewhat less philosophical than yours. I use various tools, as you can see in some of my videos, including buugengs, contact staffs, fires swords, etc. but lightsabers are my favorites. I treat spinning as a flow art, by which I mean a motion mechanics exercise where one motion flows into another. For me it is an investigation into movement and creating patterns and illusions through object manipulation. I think many of us have found ourselves doing interesting and unplanned things during free-styling that we would have been hard pressed to figure out through directed practice. Call it being in the zone, getting lucky, or what have you, moves lead to more moves, lead to more interesting sequences of moves, lead to greater understanding of and comfort with the flow tool. Regardless of terminology, that is kind of what the saber artistry section is about--saber use as a form of artistic expression--and it was a bit of a battle to break it off from the more martial applications that dominate the forum and legitimize it. This battle is still being fought so thank you for finding us here and contributing your thoughts. I look forward to seeing what thoughts or examples you will contribute in future.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: