Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Switching the LED light  (Read 4308 times)
Moneill
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 02, 2015, 01:35:59 AM »

How easy is it to change the led within the blade?  Essentially I ordered a saber and when my wife saw it she started asking me to buy her one for Halloween in violet.  Personally I'm not a huge fan of violet.  I was considering ordering a dual blade making one violet one blazing red and switching the violet out with my currently ordered blazing red blade. She gets the single blade and I get the dual wield. But I'm not sure how easy the actual led comes out and gets replaced. Your thoughts?

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:17 AM »

You would have to solder it one way or another. You could install quick disconnect plugs

The Sith send their regards

Moneill
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:45:06 AM »

Solder sounds above my pay grade. Oh Well that destroys that plan. I can always just get the dual wielding in the same hilt style, but I was hoping for some variety.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:49:05 AM by Moneill » Logged

Moneill
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:48:02 AM »

I am thinking I'm not as technically capable as you are. I was hoping the LED housing could be unscrewed and just transferred over. Ty for the pics though.

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:53:46 AM »

It isn't the "blade" but the LED module that needs to be changed.  The easiest way to accomplish this is to order a saber with the Quick Disconnect option for the LED.  Order the saber in one color you want, and order an additional LED module(s) in other colors you want.  Then you can simply remove the emitter, quickly swap LED modules, and reattach the emitter.  

Not all sabers are compatible with quickly swapping out LEDs, and those models don't list Quick Disconnects in their list of available options.  Also there are two different varieties of LED modules.  One is the standard LED module.  The other is the Modular LED System (MLS) module.

Since the saber you already have likely doesn't have Quick Disconnects and, assuming it is a model with a removable LED, you could send it back for retrofitting.  Alternatively, if you have a modest bit of skill with electronics & soldering, you could order the proper LED module in the color of your choice with Quick Disconnect harness.  Make sure to order an extra QD harness for your original LED.  

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS
Dark War Glaive: PO/AS
Dark Standard: AS/BR
Menace CE: Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 01:58:33 AM »

Hi.  Depending upon what staff you were thinking of getting, you could ask Emory if you could purchase one silver and one dark saber in the colors of your choice.  For example, an Aeon and a Dominix of the same style.  They actually look good together as a staff.  The violet amethyst is a good strong color and my personal favorite.  Works well for both light and dark sides.  Smiley

I'll post some photos tomorrow so you can get an idea of what they could look like.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:25:51 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Moneill
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 02:15:00 AM »

Ok here is the full run down. I bought a black initiate blazing red as it is my first blade so started small.  Then was looking at the dual blades and drooling to myself the whole time.  Now my wife wants one in violet so if the fine folks at ultrasaber can hook me up as you are talking about I could get a dual blade one silver with the violet and a second black in the red. That would definitely solve my problem. I will have to contact them when they get back from con.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 02:39:19 AM »

What kind of Initiate did you get.  Plain or LE  and in what style version ?  You could just purchase a similar saber in silver with the VA LED and a flush or an adjustable coupler if v3 or v4, unless you are wanting a different style.  Did you want two sabers with red blades ?  If so, suggest getting in the style of your first saber so that you have a matching staff.  Request the silver version for the other.  Have to tell you that purple looks really good with the black anodized saber.  A photo of what you presently have would be helpful.  Smiley

If you have a v2 Initiate then would suggest getting either the v2 Aeon/Dominix or v3/4 Initiates for a suitable staff length.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:42:32 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Moneill
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 02:44:36 AM »

I can't take a picture, hasn't arrived yet 😀
1 of : Dark Initiate v4
[Blade LED Color:TRI Blazing Red]
[Blade Option:Heavy Grade]
[Blade Size:Standard 32" Blade]
[Windows:Yes Include Windows in Emitter]

So I was thinking of getting a dual saber one side matching this and the other violet possibly in the silver hilt.

Moneill
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 02:47:35 AM »

My original plan was to get the phantom v4 dual blade. One side violet one side red, then swap the Led for my initiate into the phantom giving my wife the initiate. But I don't think I vp an technically handle that.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 03:05:14 AM »

So because you have a TRI blazing red it is going to overpower the mixed VA LED and won't look that nice as a staff.  Also you should notice a difference in the brightness of a TRI and regular red LED together.  Suggest spending a bit extra to get something that you will ultimately be happy with and will look awesome.  Whenever you can get the duplicate of your saber or with the TRI Fire Orange.  Suggest paying for an adjustable coupler so that you can line up the guarded switches and have a bit more hand/saber length.  The flush one is less expensive and looks fine.

Get your wife the Initiate LE v4 with windows in VA.  Consider getting Li-Ion batteries and buckpuck for the VA as the mixed color will change to more reddish as the alkaline batteries wear down.  Having extra rechargeable batteries to change out is a less expensive option.  Also have you considered how you are going to carry these single sabers ?  Most optimal to get a covertec wheel and belt clip when ordering.  You've still got some time and there's bound to be some deals coming up.  Always wonderful to learn that a wife or girlfriend shares the interest/passion and you have a close dueling partner.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:33:54 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: