Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix V1 Review  (Read 2190 times)
Rats
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 10, 2011, 10:05:54 PM »

I've never actually done a proper review for this saber, but I figure the new forum gives me a good excuse to do so. The Dominix V1 was, I believe the second Ultrasaber I've ever purchased, along with the Omen and two Initiates (look for reviews of those later), and I have to say, I was very impressed with it. Prior to this saber, I had an Arbiter and a few stock Force FX lightsabers, so I was a bit skeptical of a PVC saber. But almost immediately, those doubts were cast aside. The saber is slim, beautiful, and feels great in my hands. It's also a good deal lighter than Ultrasabers' metal offerings, so they're good for the inexperienced or the very young who want something with a more substantial feel than the Initiate. It's also great because as someone with two younger brothers who love to mess with my stuff, I appreciate having a PVC saber that I know can take a beating.
I did some customizing on the hilt upon receiving it. I used chrome and carbon fiber tape, then wrapped the entire thing in transparent tape to avoid the corners of the detail tape flaking off. That's another thing I love about the Dominix: plenty of room to make it your own. I've seen plenty of metal sabers customized, but you definitely get a better canvas for personalization out of PVC sabers.
All in all, the Dominix comes highly recommended to anyone who wants a light saber (no pun intended), a saber that can take a beating (though this goes for all Ultrasabers), and wants plenty of room to customize without building a hilt from scratch. A perfect starter saber for enthusiasts young and old.

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:21:53 PM »

When I mentioned the sheer customizability of the V1 Dominix and other PVC hilts in my reviews, this is what I was talking about. Nice work!

Darth_Greyloch
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 03:40:28 AM »

That looks cool, I like it.

Proud owner of: Phantom V2 (Fire Orange)
& Standard Issue (Adegan Silver)
Reviews: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=51.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=402.0

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »

Very nice.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

andilynnwoods
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:49:09 AM »

what size blade did you get? how much does the saber weigh?

MY SABERS                            FRIENDS SABERS
Ancient Bane: Artic Blue          Dominix V1: Blazing Red 
Initiate V2 LE: Consular Green Phantom V2: Red/Blue
Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue   Initiate V2 LE: Blazing Red
Aeon: Artic Blue                      Initiate V2 LE: Gaurdian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: