Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Introducing Mustafar: A Drahcir Custom Graflex  (Read 18956 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« on: August 31, 2015, 09:52:15 PM »

The idea behind this project has been two-fold.

First, Anakin's Graflex in ROTS always seemed too clean for the character.
Anakin was a brooding, short tempered, man of action and his chrome plated Graflex never sat right with me.
Can any of you see Anakin sitting down polishing and doing maintenance on his saber daily, because I sure can't.
A saber that clean belongs to a man like Obi-wan, not Anakin.

So step 1, create a saber that reflects the war Anakin played many key parts in.

Secondly, what if Anakin had bested Obi-Wan on Mustafar, or at least not lost so completely.
What if he had no need to construct a saber so different from his Graflex to accommodate a new fighting style.
What if the Graflex was a Dark Side hilt.

So step 2, make the Graflex seem more menacing a hilt.

With those two things in mind, I present to you Mustafar - The dark side hilt I feel Anakin could have wielded.
The name reflecting the place I feel truly created Vader.

The hilt sports a two-toned color scheme with the Clamp and Emitter portions being a more-or-less solid Graphite Color with slight weathering applied to them.
The remaining portions include, blacks, grays, browns, and brass colors to reflect the wear, tear, and ash this saber would have accumulated fighting in a long war and the ultimate battle on Mustafar.
The two-toned decision being a shout out to both Anakin the man and the saber Vader does eventually make.
It also shows a red blade, though seeing as this hilt runs an Emerald Driver it could easily change to a blue to show the before and after of this transformation.

A few detail shots of this hilt:

So let me know what you think, this is just the first of some custom personal projects I'm doing for fun.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »

Aww... it's okay   Cry  Roll Eyes   Here's your point    Cool   Grin   Tongue

PS:  Gazooks and wonderbar maestro  !!!   Shocked
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:04:38 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:41 PM »

Thanks D7.
 Wink

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:28:47 PM »

This is my favorite thing on the entire forum right now.  

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:50:36 PM »

Got to love the Nox seal of approval.
 Wink

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:10:03 AM »

What the what! I've seen many things pulled from the ashes that look like that. +1 you made man Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 12:16:31 AM »

Got to love the Nox seal of approval.
 Wink

I want one.  Red blade.  No need for Emerald.   

I'm in love with it.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 12:29:28 AM »

I had guessed to myself this is what you were doing when you teased Mustafar....... and agree with Nox I do, this is the best thing on the forum right now...... full stop..... Exceptional, Amazing, Awesome....... as D7 said, we running out of words of approval Drahcir, lol.......  Well done +1  Cheesy

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 12:48:47 AM »

Thanks everyone!
Being told this is the best thing on the forum right now is a pretty big compliment.
I'm definitely happy with the way it turned out.

Anakin wielding this saber is basically head-canon for me now.
 Tongue

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 12:57:06 AM »

Thanks everyone!
Being told this is the best thing on the forum right now is a pretty big compliment.
I'm definitely happy with the way it turned out.

Anakin wielding this saber is basically head-canon for me now.
 Tongue

My version of him absolutely would.  It's got a raw, brutal edge to it.  After all, that which has been tempered by the proverbial flame comes out scarred, but stronger, beautiful in its own right.   This saber fits that image.  Crap, now I'm going to have to beg my artist friend to draw him with this saber just like this . . . .  Tongue

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 01:09:39 AM »

Yea, you got my mind racing a million miles an hr with future idea's....... don't get me wrong, I love my shiny hilts, but I also have a few scratched up from much use and fun, and what you do with your weathering just adds that extra used "feel" that makes my understanding of "this weapon is your life" mean so much more..... I really like your use of metallic paints to get the black parts looking so used, and the deep cuts and cracks add to this too, with the grit and dirt look...... I look forward to asking you to do another for me one day...... cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Sharpes Sabers
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 01:34:01 AM »

This is amazing! I love the look of it just as much as I do your point of view of the hilt. Great thought and gorgeous customization

Dark sentinel v4 with v4 sound card B/R and V/A FOC
Aeon v3 in CG
Dark initiate v2 in GB
Bellicose in SRD with red silver av switch and sound
Shock in rgb with sound and silver FOC

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 01:39:01 AM »

My version of him absolutely would.  It's got a raw, brutal edge to it.  After all, that which has been tempered by the proverbial flame comes out scarred, but stronger, beautiful in its own right.   This saber fits that image.  Crap, now I'm going to have to beg my artist friend to draw him with this saber just like this . . . .  Tongue

You have to show that picture off if that happens
 Wink

Yea, you got my mind racing a million miles an hr with future idea's....... don't get me wrong, I love my shiny hilts, but I also have a few scratched up from much use and fun, and what you do with your weathering just adds that extra used "feel" that makes my understanding of "this weapon is your life" mean so much more..... I really like your use of metallic paints to get the black parts looking so used, and the deep cuts and cracks add to this too, with the grit and dirt look...... I look forward to asking you to do another for me one day...... cheers  Smiley

My mind starts racing whenever I have a hilt in my hand, there's hundreds of possibilities with these things.
I'm excited for my next personal project in particular.
The Rebel General.

But yeah, I know what you mean.
I have a Manticore SE that I have no intentions of weathering.
Some hilts just need that shine - not that, that one wouldn't work weathered.

This is amazing! I love the look of it just as much as I do your point of view of the hilt. Great thought and gorgeous customization
Thanks!
Thought I'd give a little background on what inspired it.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 02:36:03 AM »

Definitely a saber true to its name. You captured what you set out on for sure. Never thought I would see a Graflex look like this! Great job! Point well earned  Wink

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49:43 AM »

Thanks Sedsti!
Appreciate it!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: