Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Introducing Mustafar: A Drahcir Custom Graflex  (Read 18860 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »

Yes, great photo tips Kouri....... +1  Smiley

You can get similar results with some basic home lighting / lamps and backdrops also.....  Smiley

and one other thing, lol

would've been ace.

I don't hear the word "ace" being used much these days, such an 80's word, I remember haha...... what your vintage ?

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 02:02:43 AM »

OKay.. late to the party, I am.. but GADZOOKS! Awesome saber created you have!!

POINT!!

If US offered a 'Dark Graflex' I might even try something like this myself..

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 02:27:43 AM »

Per the advice given to me I went back and played with the grips again with new eyes.
Flatter colors, no metallics, while still getting the grit in there.

Bad phone picture, but I think it's an improvement.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 24

Light Side points please!

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2015, 03:36:36 PM »

This. Is. Epic!!!! It's so cool! I actually could see Anakin doing maintenance every day, though. He loves building droids and the like, I see no reason why he wouldn't stop to clean his weapon, after all, you take care of your weapon, it takes care of you.
"This weapon is your life. Guard it well."
That said, this is an awesome hilt! What are you gonna do with it?

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."
―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Obi-Wan Kenobi

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »

Maintenance may not have been the best word. More like polishing, the innards would be great and reliable, but polishing that thing and keeping its sheen. Doesn't sound like Anakin to me.

Not to mention Anakin wasn't exactly easy on his hilts.
He went through three in AOTC
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:26:45 PM by Drahcir » Logged

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:28 AM »

XD That's true. I get where you're coming from here.

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 05:48:12 PM »

Maintenance may not have been the best word. More like polishing, the innards would be great and reliable, but polishing that thing and keeping its sheen. Doesn't sound like Anakin to me.

This is very well thought out!
Note that Ani did not put priority into putting coverings on 3-PO when he built it and his podracer, although mechanically sound and fast as hell had little in the way of fairings on the engines with the mechanicals exposed. R2 and 3PO did paint it, but the plating was all beat to hell and not polished.

I would expect a well used hilt with impeccable innards. like Drachir's masterpiece here.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 06:40:47 PM »

This is very well thought out!
Note that Ani did not put priority into putting coverings on 3-PO when he built it and his podracer, although mechanically sound and fast as hell had little in the way of fairings on the engines with the mechanicals exposed. R2 and 3PO did paint it, but the plating was all beat to hell and not polished.

I would expect a well used hilt with impeccable innards. like Drachir's masterpiece here.
Sir, you fail to consider the fact that he was a slave. He had no way of getting plating for 3PO, in fact, he states that he can't afford it. He was only able to make 3PO because he salvaged him from a droid he found on the streets.

Kuristufa
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -62

Accepting Dark Side cookies. :D

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »

Love it!!! The funny thing is after seeing your page on custom weathering I had planned to send in my Graflex to you for this same effect. And here it is as if taken from my imagination. Great minds think alike?  Tongue
Would you mind doing something similar to this in the future?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2015, 02:27:25 PM »

Sir, you fail to consider the fact that he was a slave. He had no way of getting plating for 3PO, in fact, he states that he can't afford it. He was only able to make 3PO because he salvaged him from a droid he found on the streets.

Points for the come back. His pod was also pieced together from junk. If there was even a "used-like-new" part on that heap, I'd be shocked.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »

Gotta agree.  Ani is function over looks.  There were many, many times in TCW where he wrecks brand new ships, destroys hardware, and is just like  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .     If it served a purpose and fulfilled its purpose, he seemed fine with it using it just as it was and not caring about the physical particulars. 

Also, there's the matter of the scar on his face.  I'm betting some bacta could have cleared that up, as there have far more severe wounds that left none.  Bet he kept it for a reason.  I could see him keeping the "scars" on his weapons as some sort of physical reminder of just what both he and his weapon have been through.  This also seems very in line with his former slave self.  "I don't care what it looks like as long as it functions how I need it to function." 

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 09:29:03 PM »

Gotta agree.  Ani is function over looks.  There were many, many times in TCW where he wrecks brand new ships, destroys hardware, and is just like  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .     If it served a purpose and fulfilled its purpose, he seemed fine with it using it just as it was and not caring about the physical particulars. 

Also, there's the matter of the scar on his face.  I'm betting some bacta could have cleared that up, as there have far more severe wounds that left none.  Bet he kept it for a reason.  I could see him keeping the "scars" on his weapons as some sort of physical reminder of just what both he and his weapon have been through.  This also seems very in line with his former slave self.  "I don't care what it looks like as long as it functions how I need it to function." 

Maybe he just breaks/loses his sabers so much he never gets a chance to wear them down. Tongue

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 10:51:44 PM »

Maybe he just breaks/loses his sabers so much he never gets a chance to wear them down. Tongue

Also a possibility.  Takes after his Master with losing them.  Wink

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 11:34:21 PM »

Also a possibility.  Takes after his Master with losing them.  Wink
C'mon, give Obi Wan a little  more credit than that! XD

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 06:00:03 PM »

very impressive, it looks like a relic that's just been dug up.

not sure I can use more words to compliment....have a point for your skills

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: