Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Omen Review  (Read 2012 times)
Rats
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:34 PM »

Here's another saber that I never got the chance to review when I got it (which was about a year ago!), the Omen. I'd have to say that this is my favorite of the PVC Ultrasabers. It has a menacing, Vader-esque look to it, which fits the Blazing Red color I got it in. It's also a very long hilt, which I prefer (FX lightsaber always seemed a bit stubby to me). This is a great two-handed saber that's still lightweight enough for one-handed dueling. Also with the right customization, it can look amazing. As I said in my Dominix review, the thing I love most about the PVC Ultrasabers is the opportunity to make them your own, moreso, I think, than the metal Ultrasabers. And the light weight of the PVC makes them great for kids, especially when you don't want them messing with your more expensive sabers.
        For this saber, I used a similar method of customization as I did on the Dominix. I used chrome and carbon fiber tape, and added a few O-rings for some added grip. I really like the way this one came out.
        With so many great metal sabers offered by Ultrasabers (I bought this when there were only a few offered), it might seem strange to recommend a PVC saber, but I honestly couldn't say enough good things about the Omen. It's a perfect saber to get into the hobby. After having this saber and the Dominix for a few weeks, customizing with tape wasn't cutting it anymore. Now I've built a number of custom sabers and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. And, of course, I'm still an avid Ultrasabers fan. Probably will be for a while too, so I'd better start saving my money.

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:19:05 PM »

Great review. The orange goes really well with that hilt

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: