Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Self-Taught Sewing Lesson Result (Sith Inspired Design)!  (Read 47442 times)
Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« on: September 09, 2015, 12:12:19 PM »

This most recent wardrobe addition (Sith Red Obi, Tabards & Belt Sash w/black trim) is my very 1st attempt to actually "use" my sewing machine and it took me several day to complete...

...I have a new found appreciation and infinite level of respect for those who design/create, sew & tailor for a living!

Made a few minor mistakes along the way that I'll correct the next time due to a helluva learning curve using a sewing machine. Shocked
The next project will be an inversion of this one consisting of: Black Obi, Tabards & Belt Sash w/Sith Red trim.

I gotta recharge my batteries a 'lil before embarking on that journey, though (whew)!

Give me some collective feedback regarding your thoughts on this project.

May The Force Be With You All!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:13:04 PM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 06:44:41 PM »

for a 1st time that quite an impressive look. and yes, sewing is a talent all it's own.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 01:24:03 AM »

for a 1st time that quite an impressive look. and yes, sewing is a talent all it's own.
Thanks for the supportive feedback, Big Bear. Smiley

May The Force Be With You!

oldgamefreak
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 05:27:12 PM »

I haven't sat at a machine in years and I agree it's not as easy as it looks. Great job!!!!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »

That's pretty sick for a first try, damn.  I'd like to check out your resource you used to teach yourself if you don't mind sharing.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 02:39:41 AM »

I haven't sat at a machine in years and I agree it's not as easy as it looks. Great job!!!!

Appreciate the positive feedback, oldgamefreak!!!

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 03:34:30 AM »

That's pretty sick for a first try, damn.  I'd like to check out your resource you used to teach yourself if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks Samhain!!!

I used Simplicity pattern #5840 (pictured below) as inspiration w/a few minor Obi (width, closures, trim) & Tabards (trim) adjustments to my final version(s). I'm working up the nerve to attempt the pictured black cloak because I'll need to alter the hood to a more SW style. Undecided

I made the Belt Sash pattern from scratch inspired by Savage Opress' (pictured below) wardrobe.

Savage Opress was once a common Nightbrother whose fighting prowess impressed Asajj Ventress. Transformed into a monstrous warrior by Mother Talzin, Opress became Count Dooku's new assassin and secret Sith apprentice.
Star Wars Databank
Appearances: Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Affiliations: Nightbrothers
Locations: Dathomir
Species: Dathomirian
Height: 6' 2'' (1.89 m)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHkMHnu7JU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHkMHnu7JU</a>

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:35:25 AM by Lord Raváge » Logged

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 03:14:21 AM »

As promised earlier, here is a new photo (Black Obi, Tabards & Belt Sash w/Sith Red trim) of my most recent wardrobe addition in a continued attempt to design/sew for the very 1st time "ever".

Give me feedback regarding your collective thoughts on the pictured inversion(s) below.
I'll post more pics wearing black pants & tunic with these Black Tabards/Obi/Sash soon for a point of reference to see which you collectively prefer.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:14:01 PM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 10:24:34 AM »

Here is the "Fade to Black" version w/an additional more sinister background added that most wanted to see...interested in getting your feedback on this one.
Soon I'll put up the "Wrath of Red" version to illustrate the all red Sith look to complete most of the wardrobe variations up to this juncture.

I should have my inverted custom Sith cloaks by December in time for "The Force Awakens". Will keep you all posted on that project.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:14:47 PM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »

hood shouldn't be too hard to modify, great tip on the costume source (and still in print) yes, I looked. point for

source, creativity and sharing great info.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 11:40:50 AM »

hood shouldn't be too hard to modify, great tip on the costume source (and still in print) yes, I looked. point for

source, creativity and sharing great info.

Thanks for the point, BigBear!!! Shocked

It's greatly appreciated as I hope my minor design/sewing achievement(s) can be an inspiration to others to attempt to develop the unique wardrobe of their own individual characters as well by focusing on the attention to detail.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »

Here is the promised looks of "Wrath of Red" along with "Fade to Black" and my completed mix-and-match Sith collection.
Now that you've seen them all sans cloaks, let me know what you think of all the variations.

With some level of trepidation due to my lack of sewing inexperience, I'm currently working on the cloaks and hoping The Force will be with me in this endeavor as well.   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:16:09 PM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 12:42:03 AM »

The red with black accents reminds me of the Royal Guard. The black with the red accents looks magnificent! and magnificently Sith! well done!

A black cloak lined in red would look amazing with this. Points for you.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »

The red with black accents reminds me of the Royal Guard. The black with the red accents looks magnificent! and magnificently Sith! well done!

A black cloak lined in red would look amazing with this. Points for you.

Thanks so much for the DS point and Sith compliments, Roband!!!
It is my duty & honor to represent the Order of The Sith in grand fashion!  Grin

Brilliant call on the Royal Guard twist as it did not initially come to mind during the design phase...hope you don't mind if I somehow integrate that into my ongoing character's developing canon. Wink

I started working on the cloak but decided instead to alter the project in the direction of a "hooded mantle" as I'm thinking I really don't want to completely cover this wardrobe with a cloak after spending months on the head-to-toe creative direction. I simply want to integrate a hood to cover the back of my Sith-inspired half mask & goggles.
With that in mind, I'm focusing on sewing a Red version and Black version of the hooded mantle to tuck "under" the tunic rendering the Tabards and Obi exposed while allowing the hood to remain fully functional.
This should complete my wardrobe and still allow the original desired quest to create mix-and-match Red/Black options. Cheesy

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 06:06:30 PM »

Here is the Black Hooded Mantle (Red version forthcoming) I finished in lieu of a full cloak.
For the record, I'm wearing the mantle "under" my tunic exposing only the hood to avoid covering my tabards.

My mix-and-match Sith wardrobe is now complete and I will spend some time meditating on all that I have learned during my 1st ever sewing lesson.  Cool

Thank you all for your feedback, support & suggestions!!! Wink

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:16:33 PM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: