Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Self-Taught Sewing Lesson Result (Sith Inspired Design)!  (Read 47451 times)
hehegraflexgirly253merp
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2017, 03:36:08 AM »

This most recent wardrobe addition (Sith Red Obi, Tabards & Belt Sash w/black trim) is my very 1st attempt to actually "use" my sewing machine and it took me several day to complete...

...I have a new found appreciation and infinite level of respect for those who design/create, sew & tailor for a living!

Made a few minor mistakes along the way that I'll correct the next time due to a helluva learning curve using a sewing machine. Shocked
The next project will be an inversion of this one consisting of: Black Obi, Tabards & Belt Sash w/Sith Red trim.

I gotta recharge my batteries a 'lil before embarking on that journey, though (whew)!

Give me some collective feedback regarding your thoughts on this project.

May The Force Be With You All!

May The Force Be With You All!

This is quality work. It reminds me of Sasha Velour from RuPaul's Drag Race.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:00:25 PM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2017, 06:35:35 AM »

This is quality work. It reminds me of Sasha Velour from RuPaul's Drag Race.

Hahaha...Thanks, GraflexGirly!
That's definitely a comparison a Sith Lord doesn't hear...EVER. Grin

Currently working on another special wardrobe addition I'll add to this post once complete (Hint: it won't resemble the outfit pictured above)...so stay tuned. Wink

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »

Finally completed an original "Shadow Sith" project I've been brainstorming for quite some time. This wardrobe variation was inspired by Shadow Trooper/TIE Fighter helmets & flight-suits combined w/my passion for hoods, capes & cloaks. First time working w/PU (polyurethane leather) so here's a few test shots of all the combined elements as I explore areas for refinement. I'll probably revert back to my larger belt or opt to get an alternate Dark Side belt at some point due to the weight of my sabers and gear pouches for Cons/Photo-Shoots. Nevertheless, I wanted to test the visual of the Galactic Empire belt which isn't designed to support weight. Better pictures to come but gimme feedback.
(BTW: Hooded cape pictured was made by me; all other articles were purchased, painted & customized (i.e. mask).)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2017, 10:35:47 PM »

Finally completed an original "Shadow Sith" project I've been brainstorming for quite some time. This wardrobe variation was inspired by Shadow Trooper/TIE Fighter helmets & flight-suits combined w/my passion for hoods, capes & cloaks. First time working w/PU (polyurethane leather) so here's a few test shots of all the combined elements as I explore areas for refinement. I'll probably revert back to my larger belt or opt to get an alternate Dark Side belt at some point due to the weight of my sabers and gear pouches for Cons/Photo-Shoots. Nevertheless, I wanted to test the visual of the Galactic Empire belt which isn't designed to support weight. Better pictures to come but gimme feedback.
(BTW: Hooded cape pictured was made by me; all other articles were purchased, painted & customized (i.e. mask).)

You have a gift! Think every costume, I've seen you post a pic of, I want!

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Dark Shock - TRI BR/GB/CG
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2017, 11:34:55 PM »

I like it. Can't beat the black/dark blue and red one, but still cool.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2017, 03:23:52 AM »

Looks kind of like a more realistic version of Lord Helmet.
Nicely done, though

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2017, 11:09:07 AM »

LR you never disappoint; incredible work  Cheesy.  I do have to ask: I know how hot it can get at con's; would the helmet plus leather make it stifling or am I over-thinking things?  Regardless, you are a truly fantastic artist/artisan  Smiley.  I can't wait to see your next creation!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2017, 01:07:39 AM »

You have a gift! Think every costume, I've seen you post a pic of, I want!
That's quite a statement, Sean...Appreciated!
Looks kind of like a more realistic version of Lord Helmet.
Nicely done, though
Hahaha...Um NOT! Tongue I got that response on FB, but still...NO!  Wink
All kidding aside, thanks TJ. Smiley
LR you never disappoint; incredible work  Cheesy.  I do have to ask: I know how hot it can get at con's; would the helmet plus leather make it stifling or am I over-thinking things?  Regardless, you are a truly fantastic artist/artisan  Smiley.  I can't wait to see your next creation!
I got ya, Dutchman! Funny story...I'd planned to attend a cosplay photo-shoot this past Saturday, but opted not to because of the triple digit temps. The material doesn't breathe, and I wouldn't have worn any of my variations due to the many layers in general of SW garb which doesn't bode well in heat.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2017, 05:02:15 AM »

you haven't done cosplay till you gone 3 layers of costume in the middle of the street  and have a saber fight in 90+ heat.
but it was still a blast!

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2017, 06:04:50 AM »

you haven't done cosplay till you gone 3 layers of costume in the middle of the street and have a saber fight in 90+ heat.
but it was still a blast!
Nuh Uh..."I can't go for that...No, no...no can do!" - Hall & Oates Roll Eyes
I would have to use thinner breathable material w/an integrated "camel-back" water dispenser to spend long periods in heated environments. More power to ya, bB! Smiley

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2017, 06:32:45 PM »

Here's a few more test shots from the earlier photo shoot...

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2017, 01:17:55 PM »

Wow LR, is there any costuming you CAN'T do?!  Absolutely fantastic; from texture to execution, those pics bespeak of your talent^^

That's one of the wonderful things about this community: truly creative and visionary members^^
Er, I mean two things. And ruthless efficiency...Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as...I'll come in again...

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »

Definitely looking good, Lord Ravage.
I take back my earlier 'Dark Helmet' comment

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2017, 11:53:59 PM »

Wow LR, is there any costuming you CAN'T do?!  Absolutely fantastic; from texture to execution, those pics bespeak of your talent^^...
Thanks Dutchman, foam/worbla armor would be the most challenging due to the steep learning curve, tools needed & costs involved to do it at the high level I would want for realism. Having said that, I would opt to purchase LARP pieces and/or custom paint them to my preferences if I add an armored Dark Side wardrobe to my repertoire.
Definitely looking good, Lord Ravage.
I take back my earlier 'Dark Helmet' comment
Thanks TJ! "Spaceballs" is so blasphemously over-the-top, I just can't. Tongue

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2017, 03:39:31 AM »

Thanks Dutchman, foam/worbla armor would be the most challenging due to the steep learning curve, tools needed & costs involved to do it at the high level I would want for realism. Having said that, I would opt to purchase LARP pieces and/or custom paint them to my preferences if I add an armored Dark Side wardrobe to my repertoire.
Worked with foam and Sintra, but never worbla.
Definitely understand the challenge in it, though.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: