Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark initiate V3 customizing! Pic heavy!  (Read 5549 times)
Abigorish
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« on: September 22, 2015, 09:04:11 PM »

Hello everyone! So many many months ago I did some customizing and weathering to my dark initiate and was pretty satisfied with the results. Weeeell a few weeks ago I was bored and decided to do a little more.

The first thing I did was shorted my blade. I originally had a 32in blade and cut it down to about 26in so around 24in would show. Two reasons, I found it easier to spin and it was easier for my three year old to wield. I marked on the blade where I wanted to cut and used a band saw to cut through the blade. After which I had to hit glue the film on the inside to make sure it wouldn't slip out over time. I then took the excess tubing from the blade and cut it into 2in. Sections which I will later use a blade plugs. Sadly I forgot about taking pictures so I don't have any for that, I can take some of yall would like.

The second thing i did was add a little more weathering on the hilt.

I did this using a bench grinder simply to get the paint off. After that I used 60 grit sandpaper then 220 grit to clean it up. To be honest I didn't really like how to bench grinder removed the paint but I made it work.

After that I wanted to make a sheath.  I got this idea from another user, I don't remember his username but as soon as I find it I will give him credit!

For this I used a 1" ID PVC pipe. I painted it black then about an inch or so down I used a 1/8th drill bit and a 8-32 tap (I was able to purchase the two together from Home Depot for around 6 bucks) and created a hole about an inch or so from the top for the covertec wheel I took from my bellicose.

Now at this point some of you are probably thinking "Andrew, if you took the wheel off the bellicose, are you gonna need another for that saber?'" And you'd be correct. So I went to "the other guys" and purchased a few things.

I got a new clip (lost my original), D-ring clip, covertec wheel and screw, and a red screw for my initiate to replace the blade screw.

Here is a few pics of the red screw on the dark initiate

Personally I love the way the red screw looks on the saber. I think it make it pop a little more and looks awesome.

After that I needed to put the new covertec on my bellicose.

Just like my dark initiate I love the way this looks, I like that the wheel stands out and like it better than the black.

I believe that's about everything I have done! The next few pics are just for fun.

Here are a few of the sheath with the clip

Pics of the d-ring clip

Some of me wearing the sheath with my dark initiate and bellicose

So that's all I got. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this post, hope you enjoyed!

Sabers I own: Dark Initiate V3 - BR, Bellicose - SRD, Malice - GB w/ AG FoA

Sabers I want: Dark Prophecy - BR or SRD, Shock - VA

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:05:59 PM »

Interesting choice, gives it a two-tone look.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Abigorish
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »

Interesting choice, gives it a two-tone look.

Thank you! Also I posted the post you read a little early, got some more pics!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:28:04 PM »

A nice job, it looks good . here is a point for being creative.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 12:21:31 AM »

Nicely done.  Like that simple to make sheath.  Perhaps you got the idea from cstoehr.   +1   Smiley

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 02:24:13 AM »

Great mods they look awesome Cheesy. It's fun getting that creativity itch and feeling the freedom to make a few changes.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 12:08:22 PM »

Nice work Smiley. Ya that red knurled screw looks great, and that's so awesome doing mod for your three year old!!  So cool that you can get him into it at such a young age Smiley. Point for you

Abigorish
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 10:06:26 PM »

Nicely done.  Like that simple to make sheath.  Perhaps you got the idea from cstoehr.   +1   Smiley

Yep that's him! Big thanks to cstoehr for sharing his pvc sheath with the forum! And thanks for the point!

Abigorish
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 10:11:44 PM »

Nice work Smiley. Ya that red knurled screw looks great, and that's so awesome doing mod for your three year old!!  So cool that you can get him into it at such a young age Smiley. Point for you

Thanks for the point! Yeah she was pretty happy once I told her I made it shorter for her. We play fight with them all the time but I gotta be careful, she swings hard haha

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 10:26:45 PM »

Noicee!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: