Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber weight  (Read 1090 times)
ramsesxv
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 31, 2011, 12:39:18 AM »

How much do these blades weight? My wife is wanting a blade but is wondering about the weight. I have a Master FX, which is heavy in comparision to the Parksaber, and a Parksaber. I am hoping these blades are lighter than the Master FX. Thanks for the help in advance.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »

The exact weight really depends on what saber you get, and what blade you have, as well as if it has sound(more electronics adds an ounce or two.Wink ) I've only owned three sabers, so I don't have experience with all of them, but most stunt(no sound) sabers with mid grade/Ultra Edge blades are fairly light in my experience.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

ramsesxv
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:50:31 AM »

thanks, was thinking for her a small blade with a small hilt and no sound. The Initiate V2 with the Initiate size mid-grade blade.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:14:53 AM »

If you're looking for a small saber, then the Initiate is definitely the way to go. A Prophecy with a 32" (or even 30")blade would be good too.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:19 AM »

There are two components to the weight:  the hilt and the blade.  For the hilt, you're right - the Initiate is a good small hilt which should be pretty lightweight.  For the blade, the midgrade blade (or Ultraedge) is a good lightweight blade which retains LOTS of durability.  For blade length, it depends... an Initiate blade might be a wee bit too short for her if she's looking for an actual lightSABER.  It's personal choice though.

I would recommend an Initiate with a 32" blade - depending how small she is it could be a good one handed weapon or even a nice two handed one.  That's just my two cents tho!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: