Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MR soundboard in US question  (Read 2275 times)
LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 31, 2011, 02:30:50 AM »

How hard would it be to install a 2005 Anakin MR soundboard in an US. Say a Prophecy or Shock with a Violet Amethyst led? My wife was thinking of converting her Anakin, but with shipping it there and back + conversion seems it would be cheaper to just buy a US and put the sound in it. I just don't know how difficult this would be. She has small hands so the Anakin is a little rough on her, so if it's not too difficult I like the buying a US and gutting the Anakin option.

Would it be easier to just buy an empty hilt+violet amethyst led module and then put the guts from the Master Replica in it?

Or should we just suck it up and get her Anaking converted?

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:40:02 AM »

Personally I'd go for a US over an MR any day of the week.  I own both and I know for a fact that US products will out do MR's in every way.  With your wife having small hands I'd say if you're gonna buy a Shock, get one with sound.  If she isn't thrilled with the MR why waste the money upgrading it?  I have a Prophecy, and I know it is ideal for those who prefer a smaller hilt.  If you get it though I'm not sure if the MR board will fit in it.  You could wait until Ultra is ready for some new custom jobs and just have Obsidian sound installed in the Prophecy or you can just buy a shock.

I won't lie, the Obsidian sound board bests the MR one in every way.  Especially volume and the ability to change your sound fonts!  And price.  Everything that matters.

I'm sure that all this info will just make the decision more difficult, but it will be an informed decision.  Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Summary:  Get Obsidian.  If you can't/won't do that then gut the MR and we'll see about getting it into a hilt.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:49:10 AM »

I'm with Master Art on this, get a Shock with Obsidian. Your wife will love it. Plus the MR is such a rare and beautiful(if impractical) hilt, why dismantle it?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:01:24 AM »

It boils down to price. Getting an obsidian is expensive, I'll be getting my first US this week, Bellicose w/ green av, bronze button, CG LED, Obsidian, and lith ion. I'm not ready to shell out another 254+ dollars on a saber. Plus we have a soundboard just sitting there, if I gut the Anakin, then I can still display the hilt. So, no harm there. We just want the cheapest way possible to get another LED saber with sound and the color she wants.

So yea, ideally we would just get another US decked out, but the price is just too much. I'm looking for alternatives lol.

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:38 AM »

Basically what I want to know is:

Will 2005 Anakin Master Replica electronics run a violet amethyst LED?

What Ultrasaber hilts, if any, would fit all the Anakin master replica electronics?

All I would need is a switch, hilt, and LED module to make the saber right? 

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 06:46:29 AM »

Because of the size of the MR Ani board, you would have to fit a single cell 3.7V Li-Ion battery (14500) in there. Any other battery solution wouldn't work because of lack of space.

Yes, you can run the VA off of it...you would probably have to change the resistor to get the color you want, though.

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:21:14 PM »

So, there is no good solution. Maybe she should just sell the MR and put that money toward an US.

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 05:33:12 AM »

Is the Adegan Silver just a white LED?

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »

Is the Adegan Silver just a white LED?
Yes

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »

So, there is no good solution. Maybe she should just sell the MR and put that money toward an US.

That's a possibility. Normally I'd say get it converted, but if the hilt is too big for her conversion won't change that. Does it have to have sound? Cause you can get a stunt saber. Or you could wait and save some more money, then order two sound sabers.

(Sig by me!)

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »

Thanks for the information everyone. I decided to just convert hers myself with tcss parts. It looks easy enough to do. If it wasn't for the shipping costs I would just get US to do it. Since she won't be able to get the VA color from the stock parts, I think I'll just put a white LED and use Lee filters. Looked like the guy in the review thread got some nice purple colors from his.

If I screw it up then I'll just get her an US lol. Really waiting to see how my first one looks before getting another one. I wanna make sure it looks good.

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »

And yea, it has to have sound. It would just be a colored flashlight if it didn't lol. I'm wondering which is a better white. Rebel Star or P4

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »

If you want VA, you can order an LED module from Ultra Sabers along with your saber. You can get that in VA, and it'll be better than a white with a color filter.

(Sig by me!)

LLTravis
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »

Well I'm ordering one from US's in CG. I'm also converting my wife's anakin with tcss conversion kit. So that's why I was asking about the white. She wants a purple. US modules won't really fit in a converted saber. Plus according to the above post the resistor would need to be changed for a VA LED to get a good color. So white LED/color filters seems to be where it's at.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: