Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Stealth Dark Menace . . .  (Read 17941 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« on: September 30, 2015, 02:54:03 PM »

Firstly, credit where credit's due . . . Darth Logos came up with this idea and name not long after the release of the Dark Menace . . . optioned with black windowed emitter and all black knurled screws . . .  Cool

A few others have now spec'd a Stealth Dark Menace with different blade colours, so take plenty of pics and post them here  Smiley

I'll start off . . . When I first got mine back in April, US didn't offer the black av switches, so I optioned a yellow illuminated av with my SY blade . . .

Since then, US now offer black av switches, so I ordered one and have finally installed it . . . here are a few more pics with a black / yellow illuminated av (I've also installed an RGBA "gold" LED and amber pommel accent LED for fun) . . . cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 03:13:07 PM »

That's a nice looking saber, SY goes well with the all black hilt.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »

Shocked   Jeez that is OMG shmexy beautiful !   Cool  That gold blade is fantastic and the black av switch... what a difference.  Do you need to have a 4 channel to get this color ?  I would like to see a more interesting pommel on this.  How do you get that LED in the pommel end as there already is limited room for all the other wiring and hardware ?  You are da man.   Grin

+1 for you for sure and thanks for sharing.   Tongue
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:45:17 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »

Mmmmmmmm.. yessss... let me just PM you my shipping info so you can send that right over, thanks! Wink

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 03:25:23 PM »

Dang this is sweet!!!!

Brainiac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »

Whoa!!! That looks amazing Smiley

You are a slave to the dark side. I'd be doing the galaxy a favor.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »

Ahhh there it is with the black switch! So freakin cool!!!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 06:40:49 PM »

That is indeed...PERFECTION! Grin

+1

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »

Points for pulling off my design. Grin

I think I'll run PO on mine, but still looks good with a warm color. So much Sithy goodness in this.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »

This... I want Tongue No need. Lol. Looks sick especially that amber color

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »

I may have to get two of these and make a Stealth Dark Menace staff.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 12:49:14 AM »

Thank you for the points everyone  Smiley

Shocked   Jeez that is OMG shmexy beautiful !   Cool  That gold blade is fantastic and the black av switch... what a difference.  Do you need to have a 4 channel to get this color ?  I would like to see a more interesting pommel on this.  How do you get that LED in the pommel end as there already is limited room for all the other wiring and hardware ?  You are da man.   Grin

+1 for you for sure and thanks for sharing.   Tongue

Its the RGBA gold colour that Lord C posted here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24513.msg367833#msg367833 with R:255 G:255 B:0 A:255, but, I colour matched it with an RGBA module (special order from US) wired to R, G, and A with resistors to R & A..... I wired in the resistors myself because the Emerald driver works some fancy magic and the colour with straight wiring is very different, so to answer your question, yes, you'd need the 4 channel Emerald RGBA  Smiley

The accent is a small 3mm amber LED like this ;

All I do is splice some wires into the switch LED +/- and run them down past the battery pack using 28AWG thin wires, and add a resistor also.... I really like the effect and have done quite a few now  Smiley

I may have to get two of these and make a Stealth Dark Menace staff.

cstoehr you have to DO IT  Tongue  Will be the meanest bada$$ staff for sure  Cool

I can't wait to see the Stealth Dark Menace in BR with black / red av and CG with black / green av  Shocked

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 02:50:16 AM »

I can't quite tell from the photos - is the Black switch a perfect match to the hilt or is the coloring a little different?

Nice work on all the upgrades . . . +1.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 03:28:46 AM »

I can't quite tell from the photos - is the Black switch a perfect match to the hilt or is the coloring a little different?

Nice work on all the upgrades . . . +1.

Thanks Lord C  Smiley . . . Yep these black switches sold by US are pretty much a perfect match . . . when the anodising on the hilt is "black" that is  Wink

My prize from the last raffle is a Dark Initiate v4 with a black switch and the anodising on the hilt is a purple-ish black so the switch stands out as being a different black (bottom pic) . . . My Dark Menace is very black (top pic) . . .  Smiley

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 03:45:15 AM »

Interesting.  Glad to hear that!  I'll have to keep that in mind, though I would go non-illuminated for the Ultimate in Stealthness on a Dark Menace.

I asked because I noticed the "Black" switch box on the Chosen One didn't seem to match the "Black" switch which was a bummer for me - I loved the idea of it pretty much being "invisible" on there.  That was actually the #1 reason I was psyched for black switches.  Same thing as the Dark Initiate there - a purpley black versus the true black.

My purchases are going to have to be much fewer & far between now, so a Chosen One is far, far away for me still, based on my Wishlist - but I'm back to thinking standard silver av switch.  I'd rather have the pure contrast then not have them match-up.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: