Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Stealth Dark Menace . . .  (Read 17955 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 04:02:10 AM »

The black switch on my Consular is a perfect match to it's anodizing. I'd say risk it on your desired build:P Grin

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 02:18:59 PM »

Thank you for the points everyone  Smiley

Its the RGBA gold colour that Lord C posted here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24513.msg367833#msg367833 with R:255 G:255 B:0 A:255

They should so make this a new forum color. Makes me wonder what you get adding Amber to Blue or Green.  Shocked

Interesting.  Glad to hear that!  I'll have to keep that in mind, though I would go non-illuminated for the Ultimate in Stealthness on a Dark Menace.

Yes, but on a saber with just sound the illuminated AV is kinda gonna take a back seat the 36" LIGHT BLADE, as far as negating stealth. Tongue

As for the variation in black anodize, I think it might just be a hiccup in the process, but it still falls within spec. The pommel neck on my Scorp was a true black while the shroud and end cap had the purplish hue. But unless it's 6" from your face, who can really tell the diff?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:23:14 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »

The dye in black anodizing tends to take on a purplish hue when exposed to heat. I noticed my Dark Standard Issue pommel was a different color after drilling out a sound vent - and again on the hilt threads after it was painted and baked. My guess is LE hilts warm up a bit when the silver grooves are machined into them.

Alternatively, it also means one could heat up a black anodized switch to color-shift it closer to a purple-black hilt.

Edit: As for other Amber combos, my guess is A+B = White, A+G = Lime Green. Hopefully someone with an RGBA Emerald could pop in and verify~
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:00:36 PM by Kouri » Logged

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »

The dye in black anodizing tends to take on a purplish hue when exposed to heat. I noticed my Dark Standard Issue pommel was a different color after drilling out a sound vent - and again on the hilt threads after it was painted and baked. My guess is LE hilts warm up a bit when the silver grooves are machined into them.

Good call. It is aluminum after all. The only other metal I know of with that kind of thermal conductivity is copper.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »

Interesting.  Glad to hear that!  I'll have to keep that in mind, though I would go non-illuminated for the Ultimate in Stealthness on a Dark Menace.

You mean something like this?  Cheesy

Thanks to you Lord C (electrical tape, press fit), and my connector setup for swapping things around, I can easily swap my switches from hilt to hilt, and I have an US black non-illuminated av, so why not  Grin

Then I couldn't help myself, and swapped around a couple of Quick Disconnect MHS units for some more pics . . .

First, PO for Logos . . .

DVA, cause I know D7's fav colour is purple  Smiley

AB because Haz loves his blues, oh wait, no he hates blues, oh well..... hehe  Tongue

Haz likes his greens, and it's my favourite blade colour..... Here's EG

And I wasn't going to, but the Dark Side made me do it . . . BR  Cool

Actually, as I've got all the blade colours with Quick Disconnects (and a couple of customs, like Blood Orange), if any one has a blade colour they'd like to see, post a request here and I'll take a pic and post it..... Cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 04:04:48 PM »

Well, now I know almost exactly what my Dark Menace will look like when it arrives, and in some of my favorite colors.

Mine's not quite as "stealthy", with silver underlay and switch, and changing colors will be a tad easier since mine has (or will have, when they put it together) the Emerald driver, but other than those minor points, the DVA pic is just what I should see when I pull it out of the box.  And I'm expecting it'll spend most of its time being either DVA, or EG.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »

Awesome!

Actually - Logos, in all honesty - I've just come to greatly prefer the overall look of N-I AV Switches to Illuminated ones.  With the exception being the V Series.  Then I prefer the Illuminated switch in any V3 or V4 variant. 

Don't ask why - I don't know!   Roll Eyes

But Menace, Graflex, Guardian etc. - 99% sure those will all get N-I switches.  (Leaving the 1% - just in case.)

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 11:51:51 PM »

Oh JediXIX... you do know the right things to do and say   Kiss  +1 for photos and 1111 posts   Smiley

Like your... err Darth Logo's... okay I'm confused.  Isn't the owner and idea the one who has saber in his possession.   Roll Eyes

Really like all these colors but the shmexy factor is missing for me.  Bring back the gold blade and av switch please.    Sad   Wink

What's the color difference between the PO and blood orange  ?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:01:15 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2015, 02:44:19 AM »

Then I couldn't help myself, and swapped around a couple of Quick Disconnect MHS units for some more pics . . .

AB because Haz loves his blues, oh wait, no he hates blues, oh well..... hehe  Tongue

Haz likes his greens, and it's my favourite blade colour..... Here's EG

Blue...ahhhhh no no no...GREEN yeah baby!  I'll concede that blue is good for FoC which is what I just set my Consular flash to Grin Cool  Actually a mixture of B+R+A for a cool blue, a few shades darker than AB.  The Amber does a nice job of color tuning.

But really nice pics JediXIX and nice array of blade colors, this is making me want another all black hilt. Roll Eyes  A Dark Menace is just so nice.  I think is this Stealth instance I prefer the illuminated switch as I feel like it helps pull the look together over all.

The Flamberge is starting to chip away at my wall and making an effort at the 'ol wish list.  Perhaps a Stealth Flamberge with N I black AV?  The name doesn't sound as smooth as the Stealth Menace but it could be a new "forum" only category of lightsaber Tongue  

+1
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:48:01 AM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2015, 03:54:19 AM »

The more I look at the pictures, the more certain I am that I will end up buying all black windowed emitters for my double Menace, for those times when I want a bit extra "stealthiness".  But the silver NI AV switch stays.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »

DVA is my favorite saber color, but for some reason on that hilt i still think the yellow looks best. It just appeals to a stealthy kind of undercover jedi in the sentinel class. The PO is great too! Point for the cool colors!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »

First, PO for Logos . . .

I was right, it does look super sweet. Cool Points for the viewing.

Like your... err Darth Logo's... okay I'm confused.  Isn't the owner and idea the one who has saber in his possession.   Roll Eyes

What's the color difference between the PO and blood orange  ?  Thanks.

It's a duel credit thing. I had the initial idea, and XIX had the disposable income. As for the color, PO is a combo of FO & BR.

Actually - Logos, in all honesty - I've just come to greatly prefer the overall look of N-I AV Switches to Illuminated ones.  With the exception being the V Series.  Then I prefer the Illuminated switch in any V3 or V4 variant. 

Huh?!?!  Undecided

Well, now I know almost exactly what my Dark Menace will look like when it arrives, and in some of my favorite colors.

...and changing colors will be a tad easier since mine has (or will have, when they put it together) the Emerald driver,

They don't call them Quick Disconnects for nothing. Depending on the hilt, MLS units can be switched out in under 20sec.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 06:28:01 PM »

They don't call them Quick Disconnects for nothing. Depending on the hilt, MLS units can be switched out in under 20sec.

Yes, and I considered going that route, but the Emerald gives me a few things I want,  at this time.  I've got some other sabers on my plan list that will probably get the QD options.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »

Yes, and I considered going that route, but the Emerald gives me a few things I want,  at this time.  I've got some other sabers on my plan list that will probably get the QD options.

I know. The cost effectiveness of disconnects taps out after 3 MLS. So unless, like me, you are planning on collecting sabers, Emerald is a better way to go for color change.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 07:59:09 PM »

I know. The cost effectiveness of disconnects taps out after 3 MLS. So unless, like me, you are planning on collecting sabers, Emerald is a better way to go for color change.

I have only a small number of planned sabers for Emerald, probably just the two Dark Menaces and a Flamberge.  QDs for the rest on my list that have that as an option.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: