Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Rave: My Character  (Read 1540 times)
Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« on: August 31, 2011, 05:42:16 AM »

I wanted to drop a line about my character in this wonderful sandbox we have here.

I'd like to point out that, as a member of NY Jedi, this character is based on their Universe, which is alternate to the regular Star Wars universe.

Name: Ianto Mercutio Uilos...known more commonly by his alias "Rave"
Affiliation: Light Side
Homeworld: Cydonia (original race)
Race: Ui (original race)
Combat: Forms I and V.
Notable Powers: Force Healing, Force Elemental Control, Tapas (Maintaining Body Warmth)

Ian, most commonly known as Rave throughout the Galaxy, was a former Jedi Shadow. The Shadows were the secret police of the Jedi Order, investigating and eliminating Dark Sider threats both internal and external to the Order. This contradiction came to a very high price for Ian, and as a result walked out of the Order when he was Knighted (which he saw as the Council thanking him for contradicting their tenets). He has since taken to being an independant Shadow of sorts, the term "Bounty Hunter' gets thrown around. Ultimately it's a semantic quandary that he has to combat for most of his life.

Rave is one of the Ui, or Cydonians as they are known. They are a race of Force Users, every citizen has a fair connection to the Force and it is predominant in their technology and their culture. They are not unlike the Rakata, and are just as old. The Ui are effectively an anarchy, with a parliamentary council of Nine Lords maintaining upkeep of the planet itself. The Anarchy is maintained by the strong connection of the Force, leading to the term "We are Ui". This connection is on such a level that the murder of a cydonian by another cydonian is felt by the entire race.

Cydonians believe that the Force is made of Nine Elements: Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Thunder, Metal, Wood, Dark and Light. They have maintained a strict policy of intolerance to both the Jedi and Sith for several thousand years. This happened when the last Emperor of Cydonia declared himself a Sith Lord and plunged the world into civil war (remember what I said about Cydonians Murdering each other? It did not end well). Any of the Ui who join the Jedi or Sith stand on grounds of breaking Taboo, which is punishable by Death or Force Sever.

Now, let me repeat: Rave is a Former Jedi Shadow.

And that's Rave in a nutshell. Now for the photos:

Drawing by Caitlin Reynolds of Philly Jedi

Drawing by Russ Briggeman Jr.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:49:00 AM by Uilos718 » Logged

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:52:12 AM »

I apologize, the site didn't pick up the first picture

By Caitlin Reynolds:

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »

Hell yeah I'm not the only shadow.

Very cool character. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Palan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is no emotion; there is peace.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »

Awsome drawing great story im putting mine up soon.  Grin

"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

Bellicose, GB -FoC VA- ~Obsidian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: