Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian v4 Question  (Read 1124 times)
richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« on: October 01, 2015, 07:44:47 PM »

Does the new board have any type of blade flickering FX?

I didn't see anything mentioned on the video or web site.

Thanks!

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:08:12 PM »

You mean some kind of extending and retreating effects? What I know, the v4 does not have such effects. It would be quite difficult to achieve a realistic effect with the current Ultrasabers LED setup, you would need some kind of either LED strips inside the blade or a shutter mechanism that opens and closes, letting the light pass gradually and not at once.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -22

I am the perfect embodiment of the Dark Side!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 06:56:40 AM »

There isn't any such option on Obsidian v4. I think it would be nice to have a fade in/out option, where the intensity of the lights increases/decreases respectively when activating/deactivating. I've seen some sabers that do it, but I think it was either a custom job or else manufactured by the "other guys." As for this being on Obsidian, which deals primarily with sound, I don't see that as a practical addition. Now for Emerald, that would be something else entirely. Emerald v2 with an activation intensity setting? I would like that.

One other idea that I had to sort of fake it is to work with the blade flicker on Emerald. Have the first color transition start as completely black, then take a few seconds to fade it to your blade color. Set the hold time on that blade color for a long period of time; 2-3 minutes, you know. You'll certainly have a clash to reset that second blade color and start the time over. With this, you would at least get a fade in. Not a fade out, but a fade in, which is better than nothing I suppose.

Onward! Onward! Onward to victory!

Dominix LE V4, RGBA, Obsidian V4

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »

There isn't any such option on Obsidian v4. I think it would be nice to have a fade in/out option, where the intensity of the lights increases/decreases respectively when activating/deactivating. I've seen some sabers that do it, but I think it was either a custom job or else manufactured by the "other guys." As for this being on Obsidian, which deals primarily with sound, I don't see that as a practical addition. Now for Emerald, that would be something else entirely. Emerald v2 with an activation intensity setting? I would like that.

One other idea that I had to sort of fake it is to work with the blade flicker on Emerald. Have the first color transition start as completely black, then take a few seconds to fade it to your blade color. Set the hold time on that blade color for a long period of time; 2-3 minutes, you know. You'll certainly have a clash to reset that second blade color and start the time over. With this, you would at least get a fade in. Not a fade out, but a fade in, which is better than nothing I suppose.

I have a couple of hilts with non-Obsidian soundboards and those soundboards have a shimmer setting you can configure. It adjusts the amount of juice to the LED creating the flickering effect. I was just wondering if the new O.v4 has a similar feature. I assume it does not since it was not mentioned in the video or on the site. Both of my hilts are using a standard LUX LED.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: