Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Addicts Anonymous.  (Read 25822 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: August 31, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

Hello Saber Addicts.

This Thread is hear to talk about how we all have a "Saber Buying Disorder".

No judgement.

My name is Cameron and I am and Addict.

After my first saber i was hooked and continued to buy saber, I even talked my friends into getting sabers.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ghost
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:41:14 PM »

My name is Erik, and my 5th, 6th, and 7th are on their way...Liberator in VA for my gf, and a Phantasm in GB/GB for my Sith self.

Through Victory my chains are broken...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »

My name is Erik, and my 5th, 6th, and 7th are on their way...Liberator in VA for my gf, and a Phantasm in GB/GB for my Sith self.

My wife kind of enables me, whenever I show her a new saber she says "Buy it!"

She buys fabric like I buy sabers. I feel like I live at Jo-Ann's (which is where she works).

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:38:28 PM »

I'm Trekkie, and I'm an addict. DUH.

I wanted a saber ever since I was a little kid, but it took forever. THen I blew through a million of those plastic ones, then I got interested in getting a costume together and found US. Didn't get anything as the costume took all my money at the time, but a while later there was a MR Anakin. It went downhill from there. Broke that, waited a year or so, got a MR Vader. That lasted 2 years or so, then it broke (still have it, but the Ani is long gone), and finally in January of this year I got a GB SI and a FO CE Proph. When COnsular and Obsidian came out, I bought a loaded one in VA for my Best Bud, and shortly thereafter (or was it before?) I started work on a pair of sabers from scratch PVC. One is basically just a test build for kicks, and the other.... the other is my epic build. A Great Saber, not to brag, to shame all before it. Smiley Well, in my eyes anyways. lol It IS just PVC, after all.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 06:14:11 PM »

I'm Trekkie, and I'm an addict. DUH.

I wanted a saber ever since I was a little kid, but it took forever. THen I blew through a million of those plastic ones, then I got interested in getting a costume together and found US. Didn't get anything as the costume took all my money at the time, but a while later there was a MR Anakin. It went downhill from there. Broke that, waited a year or so, got a MR Vader. That lasted 2 years or so, then it broke (still have it, but the Ani is long gone), and finally in January of this year I got a GB SI and a FO CE Proph. When COnsular and Obsidian came out, I bought a loaded one in VA for my Best Bud, and shortly thereafter (or was it before?) I started work on a pair of sabers from scratch PVC. One is basically just a test build for kicks, and the other.... the other is my epic build. A Great Saber, not to brag, to shame all before it. Smiley Well, in my eyes anyways. lol It IS just PVC, after all.

I would Like to see that Great Saber, In another thread I said something about a 7ft Viking Jedi with a Great Saber, who is all fun loving a such.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 06:30:59 PM »

Well, whenever Hoth thaws and I get the sucker finished I will put up loads of pics for everyone. Until then, it's actually a top secret project *shhhhh* XD I'm building it under wraps as a surprise present for my GF. It was originally supposed to be much smaller, I doubt she'll get much use from it at it's ginormous size now, but it's my first build so meh. lol It's patterned off of the Master Sword from the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time game. I know others have made Zelda sabers, but as far as I've seen in my searches on the web this will be the first to really go all out. I'm also trying to give it a very organic look, as her character is Dathomirian. It's going to be AWESOME when it's done, but the work is moving slow due to funds, lack of time, and the like. Plus it IS my first build. LOL Ambitious doesn't even BEGIN to describe it......

I am not a color...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »

Well, whenever Hoth thaws and I get the sucker finished I will put up loads of pics for everyone. Until then, it's actually a top secret project *shhhhh* XD I'm building it under wraps as a surprise present for my GF. It was originally supposed to be much smaller, I doubt she'll get much use from it at it's ginormous size now, but it's my first build so meh. lol It's patterned off of the Master Sword from the Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time game. I know others have made Zelda sabers, but as far as I've seen in my searches on the web this will be the first to really go all out. I'm also trying to give it a very organic look, as her character is Dathomirian. It's going to be AWESOME when it's done, but the work is moving slow due to funds, lack of time, and the like. Plus it IS my first build. LOL Ambitious doesn't even BEGIN to describe it......

That's sweet, my wife got teary eyed when I gave her her's, I had an old humidor cigar box; really nice wood and made the inside all fancy.

She has the SRD Liberator, and then modded it to look similar to mine. Then I got teary eyed lol.

Nerd Love is a special kind of love.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »

I have 13 that are up and some that need work. At least I have spares for saber night at the park.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »

That's sweet, my wife got teary eyed when I gave her her's, I had an old humidor cigar box; really nice wood and made the inside all fancy.

She has the SRD Liberator, and then modded it to look similar to mine. Then I got teary eyed lol.

Nerd Love is a special kind of love.

Now I'M teary eyed! That's just like us! lol I'm still looking for a box big enough to fit this monster when it's done, but it's been part of the plan from the start. Wink Man, your story there is great.

I am not a color...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »

Now I'M teary eyed! That's just like us! lol I'm still looking for a box big enough to fit this monster when it's done, but it's been part of the plan from the start. Wink Man, your story there is great.

Thanks Manroon.

I Love to recommend to my friends that they get an initiate for their children (Which usually always gets the Parents to buy one) lol.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »

I'll respond to that by saying this: You know you're addicted when they guy at the Burger Shack looks at your saber and asks what color you are, and by the time he leaves you've given him the vital statistics for the ultrasabers line.

I am not a color...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 07:29:25 PM »

I'll respond to that by saying this: You know you're addicted when they guy at the Burger Shack looks at your saber and asks what color you are, and by the time he leaves you've given him the vital statistics for the ultrasabers line.

LMAFO!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 07:34:47 PM »

I have two working sabers, one that's broken and out of commission(hopefully soon to be back in commission), and an old PVC that I sold for milk money. Does that qualify me as an addict?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »

I have two working sabers, one that's broken and out of commission(hopefully soon to be back in commission), and an old PVC that I sold for milk money. Does that qualify me as an addict?

I'd say so. To have no money because of saber and to get money back buy selling the saber.

Your an addict.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »

Yay! I qualify! XD

As I type this, I'm planning my next purchase(Not actually making it until Christmas time though.)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: