Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sparring with an emerald saber  (Read 5510 times)
Rayrox222
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« on: October 04, 2015, 12:38:52 PM »

Is the emerald driver more prone to being damaged when wielded as a combat saber used in regular sparring?  I realize the obsidian soundboard is EXTREMELY well protected but what about the emerald driver?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »

I used my Emerald saber in several combats now, and there's no sign of damage or malfunction. It's completely combat-ready like all of the Ultrasabers components!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:50 AM »

The emerald driver is just as durable, and securely mounted as the Obsidian Board.

I love dueling with my emerald, because of the additional options for FoC (a 3-4 repeat 0.2 sec flash makes for a fantstic clash strobing effect)

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 02:18:49 AM »

I used my Emerald saber in several combats now, and there's no sign of damage or malfunction. It's completely combat-ready like all of the Ultrasabers components!

The emerald driver is just as durable, and securely mounted as the Obsidian Board.

I love dueling with my emerald, because of the additional options for FoC (a 3-4 repeat 0.2 sec flash makes for a fantstic clash strobing effect)

These guys said it all! 

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rayrox222
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »

Thanks all this is beyond exciting for me!  Getting my two emeralds tomorrow!  I was wondering in the interests of being able to spar after dark has anyone suggestions for rgba and rgbw settings to produce the brightest colors to help seeing better in the dark?  Aegean silver perhaps?  Arctic blue?   Set rgbw or a all to 100?  If you have a recommendation in terms of what to set the scales to for each color I am curious. ..and if these sabers are so bright in general that I dont have to worry about visibility so much as enjoy picking out a favorite color then more power to me!  I just wasn't sure HOW bright these are after dark, say, for being able to spar in the back yard at night.  Basically I have a porch light but once I get to the yard with free space to spar its quite dark...

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »

I've used weaker RGB LEDs with only one color to light up pitch-black rooms - I don't think you'll have any issue running around with whatever color you like.

That said, aside from running all four LEDs at full blast, your most visible single color will likely be green set at 100. For extra light, you could do a green mix of Cyan (B+G) or Yellow (R+G or A+G), or go all out with a battery munching R+G+A yellow. Keep in mind that the more LEDs you run, the shorter your battery life. Red and Amber tend to be the longest-lasting single colors.

Rayrox222
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »

I've used weaker RGB LEDs with only one color to light up pitch-black rooms - I don't think you'll have any issue running around with whatever color you like.

That said, aside from running all four LEDs at full blast, your most visible single color will likely be green set at 100. For extra light, you could do a green mix of Cyan (B+G) or Yellow (R+G or A+G), or go all out with a battery munching R+G+A yellow. Keep in mind that the more LEDs you run, the shorter your battery life. Red and Amber tend to be the longest-lasting single colors.

Wonderful thank you
I am curious how quickly are fully charged lithium ion batteries drained in the battery munching scenario you speak of?  Ever test that one?

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 11:07:33 PM »

I can drain a battery in 45-50 mins on full RGBA at 100% all, but I've gotten almost 3 hours out of running a single color at 60%

My current setup (60% Orange [50%A/10%R] with a short pulse every 2.5 second 150% Yellow [100%A/10%G/15%R] has a FoC silver [40%A/40%G/40%R 50%B] ) lasts me about 1hr 15 mins of continuous use, (over 2 hours of sabering class use if you turn th eblade off whenever you are not actually practicing)

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Darth Doom
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

DOOM REIGN SUPREME!!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »

There was one thing I have noticed when I was dueling with my saber (Note, it has emerald and obsidian V4) since me and my friend are hard duelers, I noticed that sometimes that the obsidian board would stop working and no flash on clash effects happen even if you POUND on it. the same might happen with the emerald driver. (Though I don't know how it could). so just be careful with it.

Saber(s) I have: Aeon LE V4 - Guardian Blue

Sabers that have Lost their life in the Line of Duty: *Graflex SE with FoC, Emerald, V4 Sound (First Saber ever)* - "May you Rest in Pieces"

Dagr
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

The (light points) force is strong with this one.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 10:21:29 PM »

Thanks all this is beyond exciting for me!  Getting my two emeralds tomorrow!  I was wondering in the interests of being able to spar after dark has anyone suggestions for rgba and rgbw settings to produce the brightest colors to help seeing better in the dark?  Aegean silver perhaps?  Arctic blue?   Set rgbw or a all to 100?  If you have a recommendation in terms of what to set the scales to for each color I am curious. ..and if these sabers are so bright in general that I dont have to worry about visibility so much as enjoy picking out a favorite color then more power to me!  I just wasn't sure HOW bright these are after dark, say, for being able to spar in the back yard at night.  Basically I have a porch light but once I get to the yard with free space to spar its quite dark...

Check out my color list that I put together. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=29548.0  Smiley

My "brightest" color would be an ice blue... 100% BGA.  Similar to BG, but even lighter blue with the amber added. BG is a really nice two color mix (artic blue), that some feel looks more like the blues in the movies.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: