Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Issue with Obsidian Sound Board - Not working in the launcher  (Read 2169 times)
PhilKo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 05, 2015, 12:23:30 PM »

Hey all,
I've searched the forums for this kind of issue and whilst reading about similar problems, none of those quite fit what I'm experiencing, so I'll explain it briefly:

First time I unscrewed the pommel and took out the battery pack with the soundboard and emerald board and everything I noticed 2 USB ports. 1 is on the board that says "Emerald Driver" and 1 on the other side of the battery pack, on the other board. So when I plug my USB into the Emerald Driver port and start up the Obsidian Launcher, I need to actually activate the lightsaber for it to recognise the device. So far so good. I can change everything in the Emerald Driver Tab and play around with colour settings, so that works too. What DOESN'T work is the first tab, the Obsidian Soundboard tab. From the videos I gathered it is supposed to show me the different memory banks and stuff, but it just says there's no device connected and everything's blank - also the "write to board" and "read from board" buttons are greyed out.

I tried plugging my USB cable into the other port, thinking that maybe the Emerald Driver board and the Soundboard have one port each, it won't recognise the device at all using that port. So to sum it up: all I can do at the moment is play around with the colours, sound and sensitivity is a no joy. Does anyone have a solution to this or know what I'm doing wrong?

Btw, I am running Windows 10 and the launcher is on version 1.03 in administrator mode (it says it's up to date when I try to update it, so I guess 1.03 is the newest version?).

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 01:22:26 PM »

Sounds like the common connection issue with Win 8 and 10. First, you're right, the boards have separate USB ports - one for each board. Second, try to use a USB hub and/or a USB 2.0 port for plugging your saber into the PC. This works in most cases.

Software Version 1.03 is correct, that's the newest version available.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: