Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Noob obsidian question  (Read 3016 times)
Cambo5150
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 46

Light side through and through

« on: October 06, 2015, 10:47:41 PM »

I'm wondering what the difference is between the obsidian 3 vs the 4? Seems like the price difference is ten bucks so I"m guessing go for the v4 but I thought I'd ask. Also, the only way to get a pulsing blade is to go for the emerald? Thanks.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:43:38 PM »

The V3 can only hold one sound font, the V4 can hold several and you can cycle through them without having to plug the saber in. Pulsing is Emerald only.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »

^ Just that! In addition, the v4 has some improvements regarding processing speed and is now capable of using .wav files as a second file system for lightsaber sounds. But the old .lsu files (which are used on the older Obsidian v2 and v3 sound boards) also work with the v4.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cambo5150
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 46

Light side through and through

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »

Thanks for the info.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 05:58:01 AM »

I've never even tried V3.  I only just (today) got my first saber with sound, and Emerald to boot, and since I was going big, I went V4 as well...and after finally playing around with the different sound banks that came preloaded, I know that I'll spring for V4 every time I order a saber with sound.  Being able to change my sounds given just a few seconds to fiddle with it is just awesome, and being able to mute it is likewise.

Very, very happy that I got the V4.

This weekend, I'll start playing around with the launcher software and start looking into more fonts.

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 05:31:41 AM »

I've never even tried V3.  I only just (today) got my first saber with sound, and Emerald to boot, and since I was going big, I went V4 as well...and after finally playing around with the different sound banks that came preloaded, I know that I'll spring for V4 every time I order a saber with sound.  Being able to change my sounds given just a few seconds to fiddle with it is just awesome, and being able to mute it is likewise.

Very, very happy that I got the V4.

This weekend, I'll start playing around with the launcher software and start looking into more fonts.

I'm in the same boat as you. I just received my first saber so I went all in also. I too really enjoy the bank switching with the AV switch. I wonder, does this work the same with the guarded switch?

I downloaded all of the website fonts and a bunch of the fonts from the forums. I went and previewed them and saved the lscfgx files so I don't have to add them sound by sound again. I do know i'll have to edit the bank sizes or remove some sounds from some of them once I go to upload them to the board.

I'm charging my batteries now so I can start changing the banks out on the saber itself. I really like to hear the hum loop to get a real feel of it. Maybe looping the audio preview will be a future update.

Then there's the next step of trying to make my own custom font. Wink

I hope you're enjoying your saber as much as I. I'm really enjoying all of the customizing options. So worth ponying up for the works.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »

...I wonder, does this work the same with the guarded switch?...

Yes, bank switching also works with the guarded momentary switch Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 08:46:32 PM »

Thanks Racona, I have doing more research on building and have found that most sound boards require a momentary switch.

I literally just learned all of that right before reading your reply but was still a little unsure. Thanks again for clearing it up for me. It's the type not the style that matters.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »

No problem...actually I couldn't read your post earlier due to internet connection probs...no DSL synchronization for about 10 days Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: