Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Path of the Sentinels: Part 1 The Singularity  (Read 3586 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: August 31, 2011, 11:42:59 PM »

Born 3988 BBY Kham-Ryn Kurios was born into a fairly wealthy family, at the time of his birth, the local Jedi Watchman, Master Dominicus Judason was drawn to the family's house by the baby's  unusually strong connection with the force. What had remained to be seen was that it was not just Kham-Ryn but also another, a child abandoned on the doorstep of the family's home, with no note or name. They took it in as one of their own, giving the orphaned child the name of Kai-El Kurios. For the next ten years Dominicus spent many hours watching over and guiding Kham-Ryn and Kai-El, nurturing the veritable raging storms within them, tempering the raw force potential they held. The Jedi could feel their power well when the two were near each other, they had formed a force bond, one that could stretch across galaxies.
3998 BBY Unexpectedly the town was beset upon by a band of mercenaries hired by a rouge Jedi bent on killing Dominicus; Having blamed him for the death of his own child, who was Dominicus' padawan respectively. Dominicus immediately rushed to the Kurios estate to get Kham-Ryn and Kai-El, arriving too late to see the house aflame and the echoing of screams inside. He burst through the front door surrounded a thin blue barrier, to shield him from the flames, cutting down two mercenaries with ease. The family was upstairs barricaded in the master bedroom.  As Dominicus entered the room he was jumped, by the two boys, quickly realizing their mistake they ceased their attack and starred at the Jedi in fear, who smiled back. The Jedi was speaking with the parents about what they needed to do when the ceiling came crashing down, separating them,  Dominicus scooped up Kham-Ryn and instructed the family to run. Instantly the Jedi sensed a disturbance in the force, feeling the emotions of the child swell and drop, rage and sadness all at once. Unbeknownst to the child this trauma was unleashing his power to deadly effect ; smashing walls, and throwing loose debris away from them. While zigzagging through the destruction in the streets. Taking a short cut through a small house, The sound of a crying baby caught the Jedi's ear and immediately felt the faint buzz of the force emanating from deeper in the house he pressed forward. Entering a small room at the end of the hall he saw a baby Togruta wrapped in brown cloth, it couldn't have been more than eight months old. No one else in the house, surely they couldn't have abandoned this helpless child, without another thought he snatched up the baby and tore from the house as it crumbled around him. About to reach the outskirts of the town a shoulder mounted rocket was fired after them, Kham-Ryn let out a terrible scream, the moment the rocket left the tube it exploded, taking four mercenaries with it. Dominicus was awe-struck, never had he seen so much power come from such a small child? The Jedi continued to run and he kept running for a very long time until reaching a deep canyon, he jumped plummeting to the canyon floor using his force powers to slow his descent upon reaching the bottom.  Finding shelter in a dark cave along the side of the gorge, the Jedi lit a fire and made up a bed for the children, changing the baby togruata's wrapping and giving it a quick look over, it was a relatively healthy child with bright red skin dotted with small white stripes with stubby montrails, her horns would develop later in life.
Dominicus and the children did not spend long in the cave, they needed to move to a more hidden spot. Kham-Ryn had looked weary from last night's events, and who could blame him losing his family and not knowing why any of it is happening is way more than a child could comprehend, but even still he did not speak of it, only until then found a secluded place to hide and stopped did he and Dominicus speak of what had transpired. For the next seven months Dominicus spent every moment training the boy, in combat, the use of the force, and meditation. He taught him techniques to compartmentalize all information, everything was useful, and the force would guide him to all the answers he sought. In those six months the boy had learned all that a padawan learner would need to know to pass the trials, the child's unique connection to force, allowed him to absorb and retain more information than the average force user, perfecting the force thrust power in one afternoon, the child really was a prodigy.
Throughout the boys' training Dominicus felt the ever present reach of the Dark Jedi that had followed and attacked them, Dominicus knew where he was, he had been at the old Jedi enclave for four of those six months, his power having grown since then. All that eluded Dominicus was the why; why was he at the temple and why was his power growing so rapidly, was he using some sort of artifact? He had to know, whatever it was, it was not going to be good.
It was a three day journey to the ruins  of the enclave, and it felt as such. The children were weary, the little togruta having slept most of the way left the trip quiet. The last night before reaching the enclave Dominicus spoke with Kham-Ryn about the force and how it connects everything, he told him about the dark side and who it was that had attacked his home. Kham-Ryn did not speak the whole way through, he sat listening intently to the Jedi tell the him of the history of the Jedi and it's teachings. He told him that they had been traveling to the old Jedi enclave and that he planned to confront the Dark Jedi and end this evil mans violent grudge, looking deep into the eyes of the boy Dominicus said " There is a possibility I may fall in combat, if that happens you must run and keep running, find another Jedi and tell him about what has happened, show them this." He pulled a small medallion from in his robes and off his neck and handed it to the boy."Give this to them and you will find shelter, and above all else you must protect this child, if I am gone there will be no one to raise and protect her, do you understand?" The boy looked back into Dominicus' eyes  full of understanding and determination and spoke for the first time that night and said
"Yes Master."
They did not speak the next day, it was not an awkward silence but one that sizzled with calm resolve, Dominicus was utterly astounded by this boy, "He will make a fine Jedi one day" he thought to himself. It didn't take long to reach the enclave, it was very quiet, "I have a bad feeling about this" Dominicus said pulling back the large hood of his robes. When they reached the top of the steps they were standing in the entrance way of a huge courtyard, with symbols of the Jedi painting the walls of the enclave, with a platform in the middle which rose about six feet about the rest of the courtyard with an altar in the middle.
He was waiting for them standing on the platform behind the altar, he was smiling with a crazed look in his eyes. This Jedi had become twisted by the dark side of the force his passion for revenge burning in his eyes. When he spoke it thundered within the wall of the courtyard "How good to finally see you again FRIEND! I see you've brought a padawan, how nice, now I could kill both of you right now and be done with it but that wouldn't be any fun. So I've invited my own friend."
"What are you playing at Heretic." Shouted Dominicus he was calm as could be, not a flinch. "You will not harm this child, this is between you and I, if it should come to blows let it be just that." Dominicus approached the platform slowly.  Kham-Ryn Had his eyes trained on the Dark Jedi, never had he seen a man with such hate in his heart, they both could feel the weight of the dark side flowing from the heretic. The Dark Jedi spoke menacingly  "Like I said I invited a friend and your death will not be by my hand but his, I made a deal with the ghost of Freedon Nadd to reunite me with my son in the force in exchange for my body." Dominicus stood shocked, realizing the gravity of the situation now he turned and signaled Kham-Ryn to take the baby and run, at that moment the Dark Jedi lunged towards Dominicus' open back with the speed of swoop bike. Dominicus moved just as fast to activate his saber and meet the heretics blow, the impact was immense  moving Dominicus back, drilling his feet into the earth and shaking the ground knocking Kham-Ryn to his knees.
As the two Master Jedi exchanged blows, the blue glow of their sabers flashing wildly illuminated the courtyard. The Dark Jedi landed a solid kick to Dominicus' stomach sending the Jedi crashing into the outer wall of the enclave. Crumbling under the impact Dominicus was quickly buried in rubble, the Dark Jedi turned and gave Kham-Ryn a sinister toothy smile that sent shivers down Kham-Ryn's spine, the Jedi turned back and started back for the platform. Kham-Ryn took off running towards where his master was buried, he stopped to pick up Dominicus' lightsaber,  as he held it in his hand, he felt empowered the anger swelling inside him, he looked up at the pile of rubble where his master lay. His heart began to race and his stomach ached.
The Dark Jedi Stood at the altar and started to recite an incantation, it began to grow dark and cold, a small ball of blue light dancing like flame floated just off the altar; Like the training remotes Dominicus used with Kham-Ryn. It radiated it blue light against the dark clouds that had formed overhead and then shot straight up into the sky, a brilliant blue, like that of his masters' lightsaber burning a hole through the clouds. Kham-Ryn turned to see what was causing this, everything was bathed in a blue so bright it hurt to look at he trained his eyes on the silhouette of the Dark Jedi, who could no longer be heard over the sound of the jet of  light . His grip tightened around the hilt of the saber, palms beginning to sweat, Kham-Ryn looked over his shoulder to his master and looked back, tears to welled in his eyes. He didn't know what to do, should he run like Dominicus said or fight? White hot rage began to flow throughout him, righteous furry incarnate, Kham-Ryn  lunged, at the heretic with blinding speed. Seething with raw force he collided with the Dark Jedi, toppling him over across the platform, Kham-Ryn ignited the blade of his masters saber and jumped to strike a killing blow to this offender.
The Dark Jedi rolled out of the way and met Kham-Ryn's saber with a deflecting glance, Kham-Ryn continued his assault  against the heretic pushing forward with  a torrent of lightsaber blows; "How is this possible!" Spouted the Dark Jedi taken aback by the power of this child. He sidestepped the little devils' blade and swung at the boys' back, their sabers met; A forty-two year old man in a war of attrition with a 10 year old boy, this bore deeply into the Dark Jedi's psyche. He pushed against the boys' saber, Kham-Ryn quickly turned off his blade, ducked under the heretics' crackling saber and ignited it straight into his opponents' stomach.
Instantly the blue jet turned red, the Dark Jedi's eyes turned black, bellowing a blood curdling scream he kicked Kham-Ryn back; Kham-Ryn had left a clean hole through the Dark Jedi. The Jedi Looked down and began to laugh hysterically and then spoke calmly "I couldn't be happier that you killed me child, now Freedon Nadd can merge with my body then kill your traitorous Master, but first I'm going to kill you." He lunged forward, his longer reach allowed his blade to slip in past the boys defense and sliced through the strap of the sling holding the baby, she fell to the ground and started to cry. As Kham-Ryn was bringing his blade up to defend he tripped backwards over the baby, the Dark Jedi was bringing his blade down overhead about to slice through the boy, in the blink of an eye the flash of a blade cut through the heretic's neck. The body fell to the ground, along with his saber, Dominicus stood over the body looking on at Kham-Ryn smiled and said "Always have a backup." The red light turned back to blue and grew more intense, engulfing Dominicus and the baby in a pillar of blinding light, the ground began to quake and thundered like a super class starship then in an instant the light disappeared, leaving Kham-Ryn alone in the courtyard with his masters' saber in hand.
Kham-Ryn left and found the nearest town, hitched a ride to a spaceport and snuck aboard a freighter bound for Coruscant. There he sought out the Jedi temple and showed them the Jedi seal that Dominicus had given him, he told them about all that had happened and afterward he was fed and given a place to sleep. The day after he was inducted as a padawan, the high council having examined the boy and tested him, he was not given a master, he did not need one for there was an entire temple of masters from who he could learn. He spent the next twenty-two years learning more and more about the force, getting lost within the expanses of the Jedi Archives participating in combat and force lessons and even went on a few missions with other Palawan's and their masters. Shortly after he completed the Jedi Trials and was granted the rank of Jedi Knight.

The bulk of what happens to me is in later chapters, so not a lot of time is spent on my childhood.

Please let me know what you think, I'm very proud to be showing you guys this. I worked very hard to write all four chapters(This is the shortest of the four).

P.S. If anyone is interested I have a Playlist to accompany each of the Chapters. If anyone wants to hear them I can figure out a way to get it to you maybe mail you.

EDIT:  Changed the names to your new one
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:25:57 PM by Nero Attoru » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 03:09:28 AM »

Awww no love yet. Undecided

Well It's long so I don't blame you.

But someone will read it.........someday. Cry

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »

Awww no love yet. Undecided

Well It's long so I don't blame you.

But someone will read it.........someday. Cry

Next time I'm not trying to blow through the unread posts, I will. I promise. Smiley

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 10:18:30 PM »

Next time I'm not trying to blow through the unread posts, I will. I promise. Smiley

Okie dokies Grin

Palan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is no emotion; there is peace.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 11:14:17 PM »

Wonderful story, has that awsome "Tales of the Jedi" feel to it.

"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

Bellicose, GB -FoC VA- ~Obsidian

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 11:15:43 PM »

Wonderful story, has that awsome "Tales of the Jedi" feel to it.

Thank you Palan. After some people have seen it I will upload the second part.

Thank you again for reading, I really appreciate it.

Palan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is no emotion; there is peace.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 11:58:46 PM »

Can't wait for the second. I appreciate the time put in writing all that.

"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

Bellicose, GB -FoC VA- ~Obsidian

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 12:01:34 AM »

Can't wait for the second. I appreciate the time put in writing all that.

I will post it in a couple days after I make grammatic corrections, I'll add you to my buddy list and pm you when I do. Grin

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 04:20:38 AM »

Cool  very cool cam you deffently got the spark man epic story though i was unclear for a min about your master being dead or force ghost ohwell you lived

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 04:46:42 AM »

Cool  very cool cam you deffently got the spark man epic story though i was unclear for a min about your master being dead or force ghost ohwell you lived

Wait and see. Grin

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »

Ok, changed the name of the thread!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: