Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: George lucas trolling again but it will cost us 90.00  (Read 25881 times)
Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »

This was actually the original cut lolo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2yRTRlMFU#

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

That Was Epic  Wink  Grin  Grin  Grin

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

That Was Epic  Wink  Grin  Grin  Grin

I'll have the chickan all'arrabiata........

Well you'll need a tray. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »

In modern culture, when there are previews on TV shows of what will happen after a 90 second commercial break, where trailers reveal anything that may have required foresight or cognition to surmise on first viewing and throw away voice over is added to inform audiences of the most obvious and pedestrian of plot devices, I understand the idea of adding voice to Darth's inner turmoil. How can we be expected to FEEL, or THINK? Best to just hear it. Because we couldn't possibly have empathy enough to understand, to insert ourselves for the moment in the narrative. I guess people must be confused: Wait, DARTH KILLS him!? But, but, he's a bad guy, like the Emperor! Why would he do that? "NOOOoooo." Oh I see, oh, ok.

God, if I was John Williams I might just puke. What? My score isn't enough? Prowse actually gets a chance to act in that thing and it's not enough? The lighting isn't enough? The back story isn't enough? "NNOooooooo."

<sigh>

I had a roommate in college. We were watching a brticom and I said, "God, I frelling hate laugh tracks." He said he liked them. "Why?", I asked. Because then I know when something is supposed to be funny. I bet he likes this change a lot. Now he knows when something is supposed to be dramatic.

But I have to remember, while the above is being used as an excuse for the addition, I would bet my foot is has much more to do with my previous analysis: It has everything to do with a clumsy poetic attempt at cinematic closure, and little to do with holding the hands of viewers who can't make leap enough to understand the decades of abject self loathing and regret unraveling inside Anakin's head, as he watches his son being tortured to death, without the help of an audio cue.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »

In modern culture, when there are previews on TV shows of what will happen after a 90 second commercial break, where trailers reveal anything that may have required foresight or cognition to surmise on first viewing and throw away voice over is added to inform audiences of the most obvious and pedestrian of plot devices, I understand the idea of adding voice to Darth's inner turmoil. How can we be expected to FEEL, or THINK? Best to just hear it. Because we couldn't possibly have empathy enough to understand, to insert ourselves for the moment in the narrative. I guess people must be confused: Wait, DARTH KILLS him!? But, but, he's a bad guy, like the Emperor! Why would he do that? "NOOOoooo." Oh I see, oh, ok.

God, if I was John Williams I might just puke. What? My score isn't enough? Prowse actually gets a chance to act in that thing and it's not enough? The lighting isn't enough? The back story isn't enough? "NNOooooooo."

<sigh>

I had a roommate in college. We were watching a brticom and I said, "God, I frelling hate laugh tracks." He said he liked them. "Why?", I asked. Because then I know when something is supposed to be funny. I bet he likes this change a lot. Now he knows when something is supposed to be dramatic.

But I have to remember, while the above is being used as an excuse for the addition, I would bet my foot is has much more to do with my previous analysis: It has everything to do with a clumsy poetic attempt at cinematic closure, and little to do with holding the hands of viewers who can't make leap enough to understand the decades of abject self loathing and regret unraveling inside Anakin's head, as he watches his son being tortured to death, without the help of an audio cue.

It's so true, I like it there but i already knew How he felt.

But there are just some people who can't get it, IDK why, but it's scary to think that everyone like you said, needs to have their hand held throught to know whats happening.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 07:34:44 PM »

I'll have the chickan all'arrabiata........

Ehmmm... may I correct you, KRK? "all'arrabbiata" (2b, not 1b).  Wink

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »

Ehmmm... may I correct you, KRK? "all'arrabbiata" (2b, not 1b).  Wink

GOOGLE YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 07:53:24 PM »

GOOGLE YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!

Ah, ah, ah, I understand.   Cheesy
Wait... now you should choke Google!  Grin

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 02:39:45 AM »

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.

Attention should be paid to this question of our soul, and not simply to accounting procedures. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself."
-- George Lucas, 1988, testifying to US Congress about altering old movies

P\/\/n3d. By your own damned self. Ouch. Credit to Corwin Neuse for the quote and association.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 02:43:56 AM »

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.

Attention should be paid to this question of our soul, and not simply to accounting procedures. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself."
-- George Lucas, 1988, testifying to US Congress about altering old movies

P\/\/n3d. By your own damned self. Ouch. Credit to Corwin Neuse for the quote and association.

Ouch!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 03:57:32 AM »

I was going to write and see if anyone had seen the article on msn.com today but I guess I'm too late.  Did anyone catch the part where the article said the obi-wan kenobi lines were "re-dubbed by a seemingly drunk Ewan McGregor"?  Now I'm curious to get it to see what they have done to it.  I know spending 90.00 is a little rich to get the recent set but, if it sucks I always have the previous version to watch.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 03:59:14 AM »

I was going to write and see if anyone had seen the article on msn.com today but I guess I'm too late.  Did anyone catch the part where the article said the obi-wan kenobi lines were "re-dubbed by a seemingly drunk Ewan McGregor"?  Now I'm curious to get it to see what they have done to it.  I know spending 90.00 is a little rich to get the recent set but, if it sucks I always have the previous version to watch.

Unfortunately this is the first time all six movies have ever been put together and I don;t want to keep rebuying them.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 04:16:38 AM »

I hear ya, the last ones I got they were packaged 1-3, and 4-6.  They were the THX digitally mastered editions.

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 04:22:59 AM »

The last ones I got were the newest DVD releases. I got them this year, after my VCR finally crapped out! XD

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 04:48:25 AM »

It'll just be one of those things I ask my parents for.

Do you think they will go fast?
or
If there would be a lot of them?

beans22
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 05:13:59 AM »

the re dubbed lines aren't real that was a joke in the article

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: