Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adding a soundboard (Question)  (Read 3600 times)
CallMeSmith133
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 11, 2015, 04:59:29 AM »

I just bought and received a grab bag saber in order to try the service before I make another major purchase. I am in love but deep down I knew that I would want something with sound. It looks, great feels, now I want it to sound great. My question comes as this though, can I purchase an Obsidian Sound Board 3.0 for my grab bag Dark Sentinel v4? If so, how would I even install it? I've barely scratched teh surface of this thing and the service but I'm in love.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »

Yes, that's possible. You would need the following components and of course some soldering experience!

1) 14500 Li-Ion battery pack/speaker combo
2) Obsidian sound board
3) 2x 14500 Li-Ion batteries
4) 1000mA BuckPuck (if not already installed, you might want to check that)
5) momentary switch (plastic guarded switch or metal AV switch - for the AV you would have to drill out the existing hole to 16mm)
6) optional: Flash on Clash-ready LED module

You find wiring diagrams for this in the forum, too Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ChillyAleman
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 51

Chilly Light

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »

Similar question; I ordered the soundboard by itself and I received the Obsidian USB 4 soundboard. Is the wiring any different? I'm hesitant to use other diagrams

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »

No, wiring should be the same AFAIK.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

dhampirlord
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 06:41:24 PM »

So, is there a difference between the switch we get from the grab bag and the momentary?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 06:50:49 PM »

Yes, the switch on Grab Bags is a latching switch (simple on-off) for non-sound sabers. On sound sabers, you need a momentary switch that powers the sound board. When the switch is pushed once (not held!), the current and voltage is controlled by the board until the switch is pushed and held to interrupt the electric flow. With a latching switch, the saber is only on as long as the switch is held down. Once you release it, the saber will shut down immediately.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: