Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Realistic" Sound Font Questions  (Read 2395 times)
Shadowclaimer
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 14, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »

I'm tempted to pick up FOC on my next sound saber, but I'd like to lessen/nullify the "blaster reflect" sound on every swing and make the actual clash sound more like a higher pitched hum. Is there a sound font that fits that or certain sounds from specific fonts I could frankenstein together to make it work out well?

All else fails I might just Audacity tweak a bunch of them myself, but wanted to check into it before I ordered FOC on my next one.

I feel like the magical thunderstorm on sabers hitting together and the loud ping sound on swing is kinda overkill.

Edit: I'd also like to restrict the flashing from FOC to only occur if it hits another surface if that's possible instead of just when swung as well.

Grey Jedi - Try to keep my points completely neutral.

Sabers - Initiate v4 LE (32" Sentinel Yellow), Dark Initiate v4 LE (32" Adegan Silver), Dark Apprentice v4 (36" Mirialan Green)

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:53:23 PM »

A flash on clash will only occur if the clash is triggered, which can happen if you stop the saber hard in the air. It won't trigger just when swinging the saber normal.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Shadowclaimer
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »

A flash on clash will only occur if the clash is triggered, which can happen if you stop the saber hard in the air. It won't trigger just when swinging the saber normal.

That's good to hear, I had watched a video and saw it and wasn't sure if it just did that while swinging or something. It was a big turn-off for me because I was hoping it'd only trigger on actual hits/clashes.

Thanks =D

Sabers - Initiate v4 LE (32" Sentinel Yellow), Dark Initiate v4 LE (32" Adegan Silver), Dark Apprentice v4 (36" Mirialan Green)

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »

I believe you can also adjust the sensitivity of the FoC feature through the Obsidian launcher software.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Shadowclaimer
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 06:18:16 PM »

I believe you can also adjust the sensitivity of the FoC feature through the Obsidian launcher software.

That's also really good to hear.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: