Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Recharge Port seems not to work  (Read 1039 times)
DrestonF1
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 20, 2015, 06:09:02 AM »

Hello all.  First saber owner here.  Dark Warglaive (V4 Emerald).

First saber but I have already had my fair share of issues.  Took me a while to find out I needed a USB hub to access the launcher.  Just pulled one out of the garage and would love to use it but ...

I find out that my recharge port appears to not work.  I plug into the hilt and the charger shows green although it is obviously not charging the dead batteries.  I had to remove the batteries and use the VP1 charger, which I am currently waiting to finish before I attempt the USB hub method.  No, I did not order a kill switch.  Yes, I fully secured the charger (tried both) into the hilt.  Yes, I am using the exact same wall socket.

Anyway, thanks and I look forward to getting this working 100% =)

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »

I don't have a recharge port but I've been studying up on all things saber and I may be mistaken but I'm under the impression that without a kill key the saber is always on and you need it to charge the saber.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 05:20:24 PM »

Dumb question, but do you use the right plugs? Because both plugs can fit the port, but only the charger with two cords is designed for the Recharge Port!
Have you checked if the VP1 charger did some kind of cell reviving when you put the batteries in the charger? If yes, then the cell was obviously dead, which caused the Recharge Port charger to show "batteries charged" although they weren't.

@Antron007: The kill key is not needed for recharging the saber via the Recharge Port. It rather fits into the Port to completely kill the current in the circuits of the saber to prevent battery discharge while not being used. A saber without a kill key can be charged via the Recharge Port and still be turned on while charging, but a saber with a kill key setup is killed when the charger is plugged into the saber! That means you cannot turn it on while it charges.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: