Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: first time buyer, soo much research, maybe some questions?  (Read 2978 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 01:21:57 AM »

Yeah I may be a bit late but I figure I should throw out some of my opinions on blades:

The normal (non-Ultraedge) blades are my personal preference - the color just shines so much more richly through the transparent polycarbonate, and the mid grade with its thinner wall really maximizes your brightness.  I always recommend mid grade to people because honestly, all Ultrasabers blades are durable as HECK, so really it doesn't matter unless you're wailing away at hard surfaces (which is a terrible idea anyway)

The Ultraedge are nice too, this is truly a point of personal opinion.  They definitely give the blade a fuller appearance, I just don't like the slightly altered color of them - I think personally the SRD will look better in the regular mid grade blade (btw I think your choice of 32" is a good one, even for taller people the 32" is a good size - nice and maneuverable).

Your color and hilt choice are superb, the SRD will look epic with the Prophecy.  A very Jedi saber to be sure, and a unique one at that.  Let us know when you get it!  Reviews are VERY welcome here!

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 02:19:08 AM »

What is the LE Prohecy Redux that navajas has listed in his sig?  It's claiming an Obsidian!?!  Of course, I did not see such an option on the US site.

Reviewed HERE.

It is currently not functional and back in Ultra Sabers' hands. I'm sure it must have required a bunch of squeezing and pinching to fit it all in the narrow hilt. I have no idea but that may have led to the issues it is having. Regardless there's a good reason the options aren't standard. I say keep to the stock options and upgrade as offered on xsabers. There's so much to choose from this company in the box there's very little reason to try and look out of it!

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »

I have 2 sabers in SRD and I really love the color! bought the Donimix for my wife , she loved the SRD, and had to get the MLS in SRD for my Consular! Excellent choice!!

dark side points please

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »

thank you all for the input.  it kinda reinforces my confidence in my order.  although out of concern i sent an email to shipping@ultrasabers.com to make sure they got the comment about the 32" blade. i hope they did. lol

so freakin excited though for it to arrive.  i'm almost so excited i'm already planning my next purchase (which may or may not be a good thing, haha)

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: